wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring help

anyone care to tackle the challange of fixing the wiring problem in my car? the problem is on the passanger side door, its not getting any current to it, my driver side door works perfectly (rolling the windows up and down) but my passanger side doesnt do shit, i put a voltmeter on it today and its not getting any current, anyone want to take on this task?

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

I am up in Anna if you want to come up here.

Comment

The pink wire going to the power window switch should be power, it's from the same circuit as the drivers side. If you have no power to the switch, look for a broken spot in the wire going through the boot in the door jamb, if that's good check the connector inside the kick panel were the door harness connects to the dash harness.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
        The pink wire going to the power window switch should be power, it's from the same circuit as the drivers side. If you have no power to the switch, look for a broken spot in the wire going through the boot in the door jamb, if that's good check the connector inside the kick panel were the door harness connects to the dash harness.
        ill check that here in a bit, but i AM able to lower the window from the driver side just cant do it from the actual passanger side switch

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
          ill check that here in a bit, but i AM able to lower the window from the driver side just cant do it from the actual passanger side switch
          May be a bad switch. They are simple to repair. I've gotten several old ones working with a little investigation. They come apart, just some copper that needs cleaning and re-adjusting with a volt meter to work.

Comment

since it works from the drivers side it's either going to be in the switch on passenger side or the pink power wire feeding the passenger side has a problem. Pop the switch out and check for power on the pink wire on the passenger side. If there's no power you may have the broken wire in the grommet or connection problem. If there is power then most likely the switch is the problem.

Comment

ok thanks guys, as soon as i get my lazy ass out of bed ill check it out and post back up

Comment

I have a few switches at the house I can let you have.
                --carlos

sigpic

Comment

ok i just got my lazy ass outside to check it out and i dont think its the switch itself, i placed the volt meter behind the switch on the actual wires and still i got no volts on the passanger side, on the driver side i was getting great voltage on all 3 (driver door, passanger door window switch, and lock and unlock swith) but nothing on the passanger side

Comment

ok i just got my lazy ass outside to check it out and i dont think its the switch itself, i placed the volt meter behind the switch on the actual wires and still i got no volts on the passanger side, on the driver side i was getting great voltage on all 3 (driver door, passanger door window switch, and lock and unlock swith) but nothing on the passanger side
                    Work your way in from there. The harness plugs from your pass door to dash harness, behind the passenger kick panel. Check voltage, then move on. The problem is most likely between the plug and your door. Some door harnesses are cut in the car's lifetime by typical mustang owners. Tear off any tape and hunt down your break.

Comment

Working...
                    X