85 svo 2.3t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
    It wasn't a bit lean, ran the exact stoichiometry as it did stock. I believe the injectors will supply way more than many think. I remember finding a site that showed they were capable of more than 400 hp before running above the 90% duty cycle, but it has been some time since I looked at that. (Maybe bad memory)

On mustangsvo.org, almost everyone follows the same argument, that you need bigger injectors to pass 325 hp, but I can assure you that's not the case.

Is your 330 at the flywheel or wheels? If it's at the wheels, that not much different than mine. Mine was like 344 at the wheels, translated at the same 11.5% loss to drivetrain = 389 at the flywheel.

How did you determine that there was "not much left in the fuel system"?

Not trying to start a fight, just curious.
    No, no fight to be started. i thought you were stating rwhp although i am still suprised the stock vam could keep up with that kind of power. if I'm thinking correctly the stock large vam can only flow or account for like 27lbs a min and there is no way that turbo/head setup wasnt flowing more than that at any boost level at all.

mine did 330rwhp on a hot day middle of summer and injectors were at like 90% duty cycle. still had more but I like to stick to the 80-85% duty cycle range to keep things from blowing up.

plus the math doesn't add up (horsepower X a bsfc of .6 for pump gas and boost/(number of injectors x inj duty cycle) so a motor with 389hp, 4 injectors, a diserable duty cycle of 80%, and a bsfc of .6 and you need 72lb/hr injectors even at 100% duty cycle you still need roughly 58lb/hr to even support that power level safely.
    89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
      No, no fight to be started. i thought you were stating rwhp although i am still suprised the stock vam could keep up with that kind of power. if I'm thinking correctly the stock large vam can only flow or account for like 27lbs a min and there is no way that turbo/head setup wasnt flowing more than that at any boost level at all.

mine did 330rwhp on a hot day middle of summer and injectors were at like 90% duty cycle. still had more but I like to stick to the 80-85% duty cycle range to keep things from blowing up.

plus the math doesn't add up (horsepower X a bsfc of .6 for pump gas and boost/(number of injectors x inj duty cycle) so a motor with 389hp, 4 injectors, a diserable duty cycle of 80%, and a bsfc of .6 and you need 72lb/hr injectors even at 100% duty cycle you still need roughly 58lb/hr to even support that power level safely.
      I remember that I found two different formulas when searching that about 4-5 years ago. There has to be something wrong in that formula or mine would have let go. It does have ARP studs and a good head gasket, but we both know that those won't contain a lean condition, especially not at rpm with 19psi behind it.

The new setup will have a much better turbo, and also will start at 22 psi. I'm not real comfortable with all that change, but was planning on upp'ing the boost next.

I'm too old and slow to make headway at the desired rate...

Wah!
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Muffrazr View Post
        If you were trying to find out your drag times on the dyno, then you might have an issue. It's the dead hook launch that kills them.

On a dyno, you will be rolling into the power with the gears already meshed.

The likelihood of blowing up a good rear end on the dyno is very slim. If your rear end is already clunking, then it needs to be rebuilt or replaced.
        No clunking, just no confidence in the strength.
        86 SVO - Sold
        01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

i think your 7.5 will be ok my coupe has a 6.5 lol didnt know this till i went to put gears in it after v8 swap was done apparently a one year thing. iv been driving on it no hard launchs but have been doing some rolls and it still ok! 8.8 will be going in when the weather warms up!

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
            i think your 7.5 will be ok my coupe has a 6.5 lol didnt know this till i went to put gears in it after v8 swap was done apparently a one year thing. iv been driving on it no hard launchs but have been doing some rolls and it still ok! 8.8 will be going in when the weather warms up!
            Is it the fact that the (new) stock clutch can't hold it already or that the t5 will crater before the 7.5?

Seriously rhetorical, and making fun of myself.
            86 SVO - Sold
            01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

when you say your gauge reads stoich is that with a narrow band? and is that at wide open throttle. if you haven't dynoed it or put a wide band on it I would seriously head that way. also Im with everyone else i dont believe your 7.5 will have any problems until you see slicks and a two step. I would get that thing to a dyno asap.
              89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
                when you say your gauge reads stoich is that with a narrow band? and is that at wide open throttle. if you haven't dynoed it or put a wide band on it I would seriously head that way. also Im with everyone else i dont believe your 7.5 will have any problems until you see slicks and a two step. I would get that thing to a dyno asap.
                Plan on doing that before hammering it too hard. It has the stock narrow band 02 sensor, but that will be upgraded someone soon as well.

I stand by the fact that there is no way that it has been lean, although it could have been right at the limit of the fuel system. I can't make up my mind what all to convert, as I'd rather get it all done at once.

19 psi, full throttle (not at first), at the top rpm a stock eeciv pe computer will turn(6200?).

I've gotten old and lazy(er), and would rather drive it than stare at it broken. It had been sitting more than 2 years.

Wah!
                86 SVO - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Justa4Banger View Post
                  Oh i guess i should put down the mods...

Let me see if i can remember that far back..

Boport STG3 head (ported, polished, Big valves etc etc etc)
                  Cams in the first dyno were the Essy 2277 turbo cam, and Boports Stg3 Turbo cam
                  Custom intercooler setup
                  Fully gutted upper intake, with knife edge and ported lower intake
                  SC50 precision turbo 26-28 psi on most days..
                  Stock short block with ARP rod bolts and Head studs.
                  Stock 8993 Head Gasket (re-trq re-trq re-trq)
                  Motion Dynamics Equal length header (no longer in production)
                  40Bobs 3" exhasut elbow
                  3" Down pipe with ypipe and 2.5 duals... magnaflow mufflers
                  65 lbs injectors
                  255 fuel pump
                  Stock PE ECM with MAF conversion and FREAKING MONTHS OF TUNING...
                  Lots of Torco fuel additive..

Lots of time was spent correcting previous owners mistakes...

In the end all worth it.
                  And yet you never could beat a fatboy in a 67 f100

Comment

Tell me again why in the hell did I sell mine
                    86 SVO

Comment

Originally posted by 1fast4 View Post
                      same reason I sold mine... being a retard
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Suckers! haha! I still have mine, now tell me why i never drive it. Think it has been sitting n the same spot for the past 3 years
                        86 SVO
                        13 Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Originally posted by 1fast4 View Post
                          Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          same reason I sold mine... being a retard
                          To many problems lol like Kevin said it's a love hate relationship! I was happy when I traded mine for my coupe but I missed it so much that I HAD to get another one, now I remember why I hated the damn thing lmfao

Comment

Working...
                          X