Going Turbo LSx '69 GTO Judge Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Did you get any vid at the track? (for the time it was moving)

Comment

• Is that a setup where you're able to go from no mufflers to full exhaust with the flip of a switch?
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• No vids of the car at the track because it never made it to the staging lanes
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Yes the exhaust Cutout is a 4" electric cutout that has a switch in the car

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
              Yes the exhaust Cutout is a 4" electric cutout that has a switch in the car
              Saw something similiar on a build on Trucks Tv that Stacy David did with the Copperhead project. One of the most badass setups I've ever seen done with exhaust.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• I decided to go ahead and take it to get powder coated tomorrow. There is a local place that if I drop it off at 8am they will have it done for me by 5p!!! Quick turnaround!

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                  It's deffinatley not a 8.5, they didn't make those till 73 for that platform. Although, that is a Compton cover. I am making a couple calls to see if I can score a 12 bolt.
                  71 and 72 Cutlass and Skylarks have a 8.5 that is a bolt in to that GTO. There were also a few in 71 and 72 Pontiacs but not as common. The best part is they are about as strong as a 12 bolt and use factory bolt in axles.

Car is looking great. The 2nd exhaust is 1000X better
                  Last edited by gearhead78; 02-09-2011, 08:21 PM.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
                  54 Olds 88 2dr HT
                  12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

• OK, I'm not sure why I never clicked in this thread before, but DAMN - nice rig!

A couple of questions(some of this pertains to my swap)-
                    As far as adapter plates for the engine mount, I'm guessing you guys just fabbed up a set, or did you buy some? If so, which brand and did they set the engine forward or backward of stock?

Are the accessories on the front just the stock parts/brackets that came with the engine? And was there any clearance needed that wasn't related to the turbo parts(I'm going n/a in my 71)?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Thanks

I got the adapter plates from eBay There are templates out there so you can make you own but I think I paid $50 for these so it wasn't worth making my own

We moved the motor mounts where we wanted them and redrilled the cross member

The accessories are truck acc. Nothing hits except the top of the alt which just barely touched so we dented the hood support under side just a little

Comment

• Little dusty and the redish on the upper mount is reflection not scrapes

Comment

• I got home tonight to find ONE eibach spring for the rear... I started looking at the box and it says 1 of 1. So I get on Summit's site and sure enough they are 81.99 EACH... to add to that I paid for 2nd day shipping... on the 4th! so it took a week (weather) I called tonight and they waived all shipping cost except for $17 because I want it here Saturday.. so I'm happy.

who the hell orders ONE spring!?

Comment

• Should be ready to turn up the boost
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                              Should be ready to turn up the boost

Comment

• Badass! Definetly my favorite build on the site ever. I can't wait to see it in person in the upcoming car show season. Hopefully that bad boy will take some awards this year at Goodguys.

Comment

Working...
                                X