X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Man that car is just cursed. Sucks too, because it is really badass and you guys have poured a ton of work into it.

What happened there?

I bet that made a shitload of noise!!
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• 1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

Comment

• Actually it didn't make as much noise as it looks like it would have. It popped real loud and that was about it. It broke around 140-150 on the dyno so I really would have expected a lot more noise

Tranny case doesn't look broken and doesn't seem to be excessive play in the out put shaft so I'm going to order the drive shaft in the morning and see if I can't put it back together tomorrow night so I can be ready to leave for Austin on Thursday after work
          1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

Comment

• Sounds good! No more dyno runs until you get back!!
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• I swear some hot rods have a sense of humor and know when they are suppose to go to an upcoming event.

Who's dyno did it break on?

Comment

• The car wants a 5/6 speed manual - it just tore up the floorpan to help make room

Comment

• this is the piece that hit my jean on my left leg. :shock:
                  Last edited by John; 06-21-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Would a loop have helped contain the damage? Did it have one? Mine's sitting on my workbench at home and I'm NOW thinking I need to get that sucker installed STAT!

Comment

• Honestly I Dont know. I'm sure it would have helped a little but there is damage on the exhaust and floor from the tranny all the way back to almost the rear end

I sure it would have helped but I don't plan to put one back in ( depends on how gun shy I am pounding on it)

Comment

• Damn, sorry to see/hear that! Good thing it was on the dyno and not on the road! Did it oil down the dyno w/ tranny fluid?
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                          Honestly I Dont know. I'm sure it would have helped a little but there is damage on the exhaust and floor from the tranny all the way back to almost the rear end

I sure it would have helped but I don't plan to put one back in ( depends on how gun shy I am pounding on it)
                          Why would you not after this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
                            Why would you not after this?
                            exactly what I was thinking...

Comment

• It's back together except for exhaust which will be done tomorrow. We drove it from Carrollton to lake Dallas and back and everything seemed normal

Comment

• You guys work quick!

Comment

Working...
                                X