Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
    CONCRETE LIZARDS ANNUAL NEW YEARS DAY SHOW
    FULL CAR / TRUCK / MOTORCYCLE SHOW. FREE T SHIRT AND DASH PLAQUE TO FIRST FIFTY ENTRIES. FREE BLACK EYE PEAS. WILL TAKE PLACE RAIN, SLEET OR SNOW. $15.00 ENTRY FEE. ALL PROFITS TO JONATHAN'S PLACE (A CHILDRENS CHARITY) FOR MORE DETAILS CALL GARY@214-649-5220
    When
    Sat Jan 1 10am – 2pm Central Time
    Where
    TACO CASA BROADWAY@IH30 GARLAND TX. (map)
    I'll be there. I want to check out the car with the new combo.

Comment

Hmmm, I guess they moved it. They have had it at the Dairyette forever and last year was special because James Crawford was in really bad health and the proceeds were going to help his family with medical expenses.

He passed not long afterwards. RIP to an amazing artist.

-Aaron

Comment

That's very cool.
        “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

Updates ! We need updates, man !!

-Aaron

Comment

We Tapped the waper pump for the coolant line that's under the intake amd got that done. Then we buttoned up the water pump, intake, injectors and fuel rail.
            I am going to pick up a few parts tonight but I'm really hoping we get a ton done this week. We are shooting for driving to the new years day car show so we need to get it going so we have time to work out the bugs

We didn't work on it last night. And not working on it tonight because the wife and I and maybe a few friends are goin to have our first night on the town since she got preg.
            Right now the turbo, manifold waste gate and down pipe are at a friends getting welded up
            1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                Does Nathan Hale do all of you guys' welding ?

-Aaron

Comment

We can weld it and it work but since I'm going to have everything ceramic coated I want it to be strong and look good. So I had him weld this stuff amd he will be welding the aluminum stuff since we can't

Comment

What brand and size is that wastegate? I've been thinking about modifying my hotside so that the wg piping routes back to the downpipe. Mine vents to atmosphere and I think it sounds like shit. The angles on the wg piping aren't optimum, but I'm guessing that if it's a big enough gate it doesn't matter too much.... Mine has a little 38mm on it now.

Comment

not sure and I forgot to look tonight. I'll check it out tomorrow night

Comment

worked on it a little today.

got the IC pipe mocked up from the IC to the TB and figured out where the air temp sensor bung and the blow over valve need to go

I'm going to put a 4" electric cut out on the car and when its closed I'm going to have the exhaust run through the dual mufflers out the back of the car. So today we made the 4" to two 2.5" pipes by ovaling the 4" on one end. Then we took a few inches out of the middle of a 2.5" U bend. Then welded the two U bend pieces back together and marked where we needed to cut the "new" U bend so that we could weld it to the oval 4"

needs blown out but you get the point

Comment

I am using an F body manifold on the drivers side and all of the house side is going to be ceramic coated so I cleaned it up a little bit by cutting off the heat shield mount points. we also welded up the O@ hole and the heat riser hole

*all of the hot side is at the ceramic coaters right now. I decided to go with a Pewter coating..

Comment

I got my turbo blanket and plug wire heat guards

Comment

couple more pics of the blanket on my turbo

couple of pics of the heater hoses (yea I know, I need to clean the inner fenders)

Comment

Your going to loose the flow disasters right?

Looks great!
                                Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Working...
                                X