No announcement yet.

Going Turbo LSx '69 GTO Judge Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUST now getting back to the thread... how is it coming along?

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

• Slowly but surely. We keep taking nights off. Like the last three! We are making progress though. I ordered a 13" big brake kit and some new upper amd lower control arms for the new rear end. I also ordered the box from Abbott that makes your speedo work ( has a motor that reads the computer pulses and turns a mech cable). The new carpet is at johns ready to go in. I am going to finish "dynoattimg the floor tomorrow
      We STILL haven't touched the fuel system under the car yet. Amd need to swap rear ends out when the control arms get here. The harness is in just needs a couple wires connected under the dash
      I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting
      1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• installed the new kick panels with speakers and of course the e-brake pedal hits BAD.. so I knocked the pad off and moved it all the way toward the middle of the car as far as it would go and then welded it back on the pedal arm. It looks crooked in this pic but its not... its still close to the speaker but doesn't hit now

Comment

• put the drivers side manifold on to discover that the oil pressure sending unit lines up just perfect with one of the bolts in the manifold. So I had to do a little fabricating and made an extension to move the sending unit toward the front of the car on the other side of the manifold but of course I didn't get pics after I was done

Comment

• the wires were a little close to ... EVERYTHING... on the pass. side with the turbo set up. I had ordered 8 of the lava plug wire boots but ended up using 2 on each of the pass. side wires so that the wires are 100% covered from the head all the way to the coils
            This pic is from the front of the motor

this is from the top

Comment

• NICE project for sure.....

As for the exhaust dumps i had an idea to pss off to you but i notice now that your dump is a 4".
              I bought a set of cut outs for my SVO (3") that are boost acuated... 0-15 psi the dump is closed, above 15 psi the dumps starts to open and by What ever setting you choose the dump is fully open... it is fully adjustable.

Doesn't matter now, but it is another way to have a quiet car and then have it roar when its time to boogy..

Comment

• we got a little more done tonight. We got the old rear end out. Then started putting in the fuel system. we just need to put the 90* fitting on the pre-filter to the tank and wire up the pump and it'll be done finally.
                Then we will start putting the other rear end in. Today I bought the Wolfe upper control arm bushings

I also got the rear control arms

and I ordered some tubular upper and lower control arms for the front

Comment

• Dang. Putting some coin into that thing!
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• it wasn't the plan but its turning out that way... is this Angel?

Comment

• Nice!

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

• The whole project is sick! Good Luck! Everything looks awesome!

Comment

• this car is TITS!!

very nice build!!

subscribed....

Comment

• Thanks guys. I just stopped to pick up a few pieces we need to wrap up the fuel system so by the end of the night the fuel system should be done and the rear end should be in. I'll try to remember to take pics this time.

Comment

• Change of plans for tonight, John had to meet up with his sister tonight so I stayed home with the wife... we will pick back up tomorrow night

Comment

• update time... the rear end is up in the car with the new control arms and Wolfe spherical bushings. We pressed in the new longer studs in the axles and will be putting in new bearings and seals then putting the axles in tomorrow.
                                got the front upper and lowers in the mail today and they look like really good quality so we will see hey they hold up.
                                the 13" brake kit should be here this week
                                The fuel system is all done
                                we have to wire the fans and then the harness is all done except hooking up some wires under the dash
                                I worked on the GTO covers today... they will work for now but i'll probably get another set and trim them up a little better

Comment

Working...
                                X