X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    No cruise control?

Looks like some good progress.
    LOL, I have Nike cruise control! By next weekend I should be able to 'test drive' it. Maybe even dyno.

Originally posted by greenbullitt View Post
    v/c breathers? did i miss something?
    It hasn't been covered yet, but if you look real close on the first pic of this update - you can see between the #7 and #8 coils you can see a bit of blue tape, it's covering the -10 hose barb. There will be a matching one on the passenger's side and the catch can will go behind the passenger's tire.

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
    Brooks, let me know if you want me to remove that video. I just wanted to reference a video, not really post one in your thread.
    nah, it's fine man. No worries.

Comment

• motor looks like a damn ls1 lol. no wonder it'll be so fast haha. truly amazing work brooks, will have people like me scratching their heads for a while im sure....

Comment

• Wow brooks everything looks great, i wanted to set mine up like that as well with individual coil packs... Just couldnt figure out that megasquirt. Good luck with it, im sure u will get it all figured out then maybe ill get u teach me!!!
        Looking forward to seeing at track

Comment

• Originally posted by Booger View Post
          Wow brooks everything looks great, i wanted to set mine up like that as well with individual coil packs... Just couldnt figure out that megasquirt. Good luck with it, im sure u will get it all figured out then maybe ill get u teach me!!!
          Looking forward to seeing at track
          Thanks Jon!

I had to do some tricky relay wiring to make the two step / 3 step work right, but the rest of it was pretty easy. The big thing with this stuff is the grounds and where it's grounded.

I'll have some more pics by the end of the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by turbostang View Post
            Thanks Jon!

I had to do some tricky relay wiring to make the two step / 3 step work right, but the rest of it was pretty easy. The big thing with this stuff is the grounds and where it's grounded.

I'll have some more pics by the end of the weekend.
            u better

Comment

• Comment

• I have a bunch of new updates, but for whatever reason, I don't have many good pics.

The car made it's maiden voyage at the cruise with MANY problems. Many that you'd expect from a 'new' car. For starters, the line lock didn't work - operater error. It has the brake pressure switch on the locked side, normally this isn't a problem other than it activates my first launch limiter when it's like that.

Next, no matter what i did, it popped and banged all the way down the track. The logs showed consistently low voltage, and I figured my alternator was just spent. Hardly the case, but definitely not good. Turned out that the charge wire back to the battery was grounding out on the brake line bracket. It has a pretty sharp edge and the silicone like covering on the charge wire was no match.

Switched alternators to a 250A / 3G and added a #2 welding cable for a charge wire - PROBLEM SOLVED!!

Next, back to the sputtering - I thought for sure it was related to the grounded wire. Nope. Borrowed Jason07's carb and it made a different kind of pass, but still not 'right'. Long story short, the boost referenced power valve on my carb didn't have a pickup tube on it (think jet extension). This causes it to become uncovered on launch and even minor acceleration keeps it uncovered... It will NEVER run right like this. I have no idea why I didn't think of that - I fully EXPECTED the megasquirt to be a problem and it worked 100% flawlessly. (Now, before, at the dyno, it wasn't right - but that was my doing) it took some setup and the help of mark04 and Andrew to get it ironed out)

First pass is my carb and the BRPV's not set to open fast enough -so I got the lean stumble when I staged it up. No biggie.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDw8cTi6yRE&hd=1[/ame]

Next pass, Jason07's carb - still the same problem with the BRPV's not bieng adjusted for my setup, but it worked good enough. His carb stumbled because of no vent tubes - when the car launched it dumped fuel out of the vents. It came up and had power for about 40 feet, and didn't recover till around 300' or so. 5.91@126

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxgtjEyUzCA&hd=1[/ame]

Comment

• This video is actually a few weeks old, but it runs a bit better now.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAWPKz_OGr4&hd=1[/ame]

Comment

This video is actually a few weeks old, but it runs a bit better now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAWPKz_OGr4&hd=1
                    Awesome work Brooks. I wanted to make this weekend but mine still has not recovered from the dead battery/alternator/running problems it developed overnight.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Thanks keith!

You still have nearly a week to get it done.

Mine is sitting on jackstands with no trans in it, but I'm going to make it one way or the other!

Comment

Thanks keith!

You still have nearly a week to get it done.

Mine is sitting on jackstands with no trans in it, but I'm going to make it one way or the other!
                        I am afraid the ECU is smoked. Battery charger let the battery hit 19+v. Not looking forward to sending it to AEM.

That and working nights it is just hard to get motivated in the morning to get into the garage.
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Though I've followed this thread from the beginning, my three year old blessed me with the time (by waking up at 5:45am) to read this build thread from start to finish.

Soooo....Brooks, get ready for some WWBD type questions. Lol.

Comment

• LOL.

...but that reminds me. I have some new updates coming in the next few days.

Comment

• Here's a fairly major update. Got the new turbo installed, a precision PT98/88. It took some getting used to, I thought it would be a monster to spool up, but it wasn't. The first few passes are actually me modulating the gas pedal trying to see where the engine really takes off, as opposed to it bieng hard to spool.

It's running pretty good now days..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LjPU32k_HU[/ame]

Comment

• Like I said already. Seriously jealous!

Bad ass ride for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X