Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a good chop saw blade..Where and what brand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matt View Post
    speaking of torch. I need to cut those ramps off on friday at 7pm
    10-4

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
      Well the size im cutting varies.
      from rebar to peoples arms.
      I was cutting some square tubing the other day and that bitch was taking some time.
      So its not like im cutting a certain thickness, i just want a good blade that I can depend on.
      Process is what counts. If you cut it 'slow' you are begging for trouble. You have to put as much pressure on it as your saw can handle and cut it as fast as possible. If not, you work harden the part and then it takes forever to cut. It's not so bad on mild steel and hot rolled steel unless it's kinda thick - if your cutting ChroMo and stainless, it will work harden FAST.

If you cut aluminum or any other non-ferrus materials, you are begging for a trip to the ER.

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post

If you cut aluminum or any other non-ferrus materials, you are begging for a trip to the ER.
        ?? with a chop saw??
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

yeah, you aren't suppose to grind aluminum on a bench grinder either. Those wheels can explode.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
            yeah, you aren't suppose to grind aluminum on a bench grinder either. Those wheels can explode.
            ooops. I know this and am pretty guilty of doing it but I don't do it to the extent it builds up on the wheel.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Yeah, it's bad news. I had a guy I used to work with do it - the wheel broke and cut his face up REAL bad.

Comment

dfwstangs is nothing but ballers. we all have EDM machines as well as cold saws.
                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                  dfwstangs is nothing but ballers. we all have EDM machines as well as cold saws.
                  I use a cnc waterjet for all my cutting.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    I use a cnc waterjet for all my cutting.
                    5 axis, to be more precise. And the ones are large enough to whittle out small parts, like the largest piece of "metal" on modern aircraft. I don't think I'm supposed to divulge what type of metal...
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                      yes understandable.
                      But I am Mexican, so thus I am not a baller YET.
                      I just came back from the coast of CA Sunday, But empty handed.

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                        I guess everyone has a band saw.
                        I do, matter of fact 2 of them(one is portable hand held)

Comment

Working...
                        X