X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newest Powder Coating

My latest coatings on my engine pieces.

Black Stardust on BBK 70mm egr spacer.

Upper manifold. Prep time pays off in shine!

I love the candy red so much that a lot of the brackets and engine pieces
    will be red.

I think while I have the engine out, I'll do the alternator, air pump and valve covers in red candy too.

are you doing these yourself? (at home) or is this professionally done?

I thought about buying the stuff to do it at home several times but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I don't have a lot of stuff that I would want to powder but I think it would be cool to have just incase I did wan't something small done instead of having to run it down to Burleson or GP
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
      are you doing these yourself? (at home) or is this professionally done?

I thought about buying the stuff to do it at home several times but just haven't pulled the trigger yet. I don't have a lot of stuff that I would want to powder but I think it would be cool to have just incase I did wan't something small done instead of having to run it down to Burleson or GP
      it works fine if you have a spare oven. Just follow instructions

Comment

Did you get any out gasing on the intake manifold? How much did you pre heat the intake to?

Comment

What all is involved in the prepping of items to be coated? I've been told by several people in the business that all it takes is a glass bead blast and others say to sand the items smooth. Which is it?
          --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Looks really good !
            Nice job !

Comment

Yes everything is done @ home. I got an oven delivered to the house FREE!. A $59 H/F gun
              and paint from Eastman (boy do they spam).

Manifold was new but, I baked it @ 450 for 2 hours and re-blasted it w/ glass beads.
              The hard part is getting stuff smooth. on the upper I used sand paper from 80-220 grit.
              After I coated it the first time, it had a lot of "orange peel" caused from the rough casting and the coating I chose. I sanded and re-shot the lower in all the places one can see once installed.

The lower manifold was shot with chrome 1st. ans red last.

Thank you all!

Comment

what do you use to cover the sections you dont want powder coated?
                2006 Civic SI
                2009 Pilot
                1988 GT
                CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                  what do you use to cover the sections you dont want powder coated?
                  tape it off then spray the powder remove the paint and bake....right?

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

I was just wondering because I see high temp tape and silicone plugs for powder coating. Does it run at all when it bakes?
                    2006 Civic SI
                    2009 Pilot
                    1988 GT
                    CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

I have been using blue painter's tape. The downer is if you touch anything while removing the tape so, I leave a "tag" end to help. I have used silver A/C tape but, it is difficult to remove after baking.

Comment

Working...
                      X