Drag & Brag This Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys,

I damn near dead hooked the first couple of passes and then it was a spin fest! Wish people would turn off their A/C's, that's the only thing I can figure as it worked good early and sucked as we went along...? That is usually the opposite of how it usually works, gets stickier as the night progresses.

To bad that little AWD car jumped in the final, might have been a really close race.

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
      Thanks guys,

I damn near dead hooked the first couple of passes and then it was a spin fest! Wish people would turn off their A/C's, that's the only thing I can figure as it worked good early and sucked as we went along...? That is usually the opposite of how it usually works, gets stickier as the night progresses.

To bad that little AWD car jumped in the final, might have been a really close race.
      Congrats, I think you are the one that beat my step mom out there. She was in a black 00 gt.

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
        Congrats, I think you are the one that beat my step mom out there. She was in a black 00 gt.
        Her car ran good all night. Didn't spin too much and ran strong. Key was not spinnng. No matter how much I peddled it everytime I hit boost it would blow the tires and get real shitty... Fun though.
        03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
        "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
          Correct, I actually met your parents last year at this event. Your folks are very nice people. Both of there cars run pretty darn good too!

Comment

Zfan was that you in the purple turd?
            2012 mustang gt. 3.31 MT

Comment

Seen some guy out there in a orange/red notch (No hood) with his MT Radials on backwards.. I LOL at that... But didn't see him run, anyone know why?..

Comment

What does it pay out to winner? Might have to come check it out......

Are there any rules that says no parachute ??
                "Indecision Is the Key to Flexability" - "Be Smart About the Dumb Shit You Do"

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonone View Post
                  Zfan was that you in the purple turd?
                  Yep, me and my "Purple Turd", glad they got her name right!

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                    Seen some guy out there in a orange/red notch (No hood) with his MT Radials on backwards.. I LOL at that... But didn't see him run, anyone know why?..
                    Wild Bill asked him if he knew they were on backwards and he matter of fact like said yes he knew....I think he didn't and was trying to save face....LOL, shit happens, but it was kind of funny!

I think "Sick 240" would have won had it not been for the nitrous switch issue! That's a beautiful ride!

Comment

It pays nothing to win and I don't think you will get fast enough to need a parachute. It is all in fun and having a good time.
                      Originally posted by Smurf View Post
                      What does it pay out to winner? Might have to come check it out......

Are there any rules that says no parachute ??

Comment

Congrats on the win Zfan, took me out in the third round.

Comment

Originally posted by 66n2ocoupe View Post
                          Congrats on the win Zfan, took me out in the third round.
                          Thank You, your ride looks really nice. Were you on slicks, I cannot remember but it seems like drag radials worked better than slicks for traction. It was a strange night as the track worked good the first couple of passes and then it was a spinfest, usually the opposite happens.

Maybe folks didn't turn off their a/c's

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
                            Thank You, your ride looks really nice. Were you on slicks, I cannot remember but it seems like drag radials worked better than slicks for traction. It was a strange night as the track worked good the first couple of passes and then it was a spinfest, usually the opposite happens.

Maybe folks didn't turn off their a/c's
                            I was on slicks. I left at just over idle and rolled into the throttle. I tried to be on the nitrous by 60 foot but was spinning as well. My car short shifted into second during our race. It was a little closer at the end but you pulled me pretty good in the middle.

Comment

I think "Sick 240" would have won had it not been for the nitrous switch issue! That's a beautiful ride![/QUOTE]

Congrads man, and thanks. I was hoping the track would come around but like you said seemed to just get slicker as the night went on.
                              73 240Z SBC PG with some spray
                              07 TBSS Just bolt ons

Comment

Originally posted by Dan03mach View Post
                                Congrats Zfan for winning the Outlaw class... He took me out in the first round. I couldn't get traction for shit, but it was fun non the less...
                                Dan, I saw that run, then all the smoke and I was thinking well this should be fun.
                                73 240Z SBC PG with some spray
                                07 TBSS Just bolt ons

Comment

Working...
                                X