No announcement yet.

Dallas Karting Complex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• actually simone is on the #95 in 4th...
    pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

• That's me, I swapped karts with them.
      Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grape View Post
        yep
        I think I bought a few Mustang parts from you around 1994 or so. The guy I'm thinking about (sorry, that was a long time ago and I'm not good with names) used to kart race with Tony Stewart and Greg Moore.
        Last edited by line-em-up; 01-16-2012, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
          I think I bought a few Mustang parts from you around 1994 or so. The guy I'm thinking about (sorry, that was a long time ago and I'm not good with names) used to kart race with Tony Stewart and Greg Moore.
          94 would be not likely as i was still a sophomore and greg moore would have been a senior or a year out of hs. He didnt get in the cart car till '98 or '99. Tony was a generation older and already in the midgets by then, he graduated in 88-89. My age group consisted of hornish, hunter-reay, danica, danny wheldon, georgio pantano, jarno truili, j.c. Beattie (owner of ati products), and i know im forgetting some folks.
          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

• LOL @ sparky name dropping

Comment

• There had better have been a few grand worth of prize money to warrant that much complaining.

Comment

• Me and a few friends went out there today and LOVED it. While we really weren't smoking fast like a lot of the times mentioned in here, it was still a blast. It's nothing like the dirtbiking me and my buddy do, but I will say he admitted the track days and sprint racing he does on his race bikes helped him with lines. He has some pretty damn fast lap times compared to most others, and we both agree we want to at least find ways to get into more races like this.

Any suggestions?

Grape, can you give me some tips on this shit as well? Maybe for some free lessons we can trade some mechanical engineering and solid modeling for race parts? haha

Comment

• Bring lots of money and take it way too serious. You may not be fast, but at least you'll fit right in....

Comment

• Come out to North Texas Kartway tonight. We are racin' this evening. LOTS less money.
                    We are behind the dragstrip in Denton.

1/2 mile 9 turns.

I'm working the race but we offer rides in the Chonda after the races are over.

Ask the race director for more info.

Drive fast

Comment

• Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                      Come out to North Texas Kartway tonight. We are racin' this evening. LOTS less money.
                      We are behind the dragstrip in Denton.

1/2 mile 9 turns.

I'm working the race but we offer rides in the Chonda after the races are over.

Ask the race director for more info.

Drive fast
                      I cannot make it tonight due to prior commitments, but I will probably be in touch with to drag out more information. Does NTK have any rental karts?

Before we invest in anything I would prefer to really understand the racing better.

Comment

• Too much rain tonight, we lost the track even as hot as it is. Had steam comming off part of the track before the next round of showers hit.

I hate getting everything set to race and not race.

Club is not raceing in the rain. ( too much shit gets broke ) and you have to buy rain tires.

Grape what class were you racing in, can't tell by the pic.

Comment

• It's a shame that place is so far away, I'd go there over DKC.
                          Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                            It's a shame that place is so far away, I'd go there over DKC.
                            So far away? DKC is in fucking Caddo Mills!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                              Too much rain tonight, we lost the track even as hot as it is. Had steam comming off part of the track before the next round of showers hit.

I hate getting everything set to race and not race.

Club is not raceing in the rain. ( too much shit gets broke ) and you have to buy rain tires.

Grape what class were you racing in, can't tell by the pic.
                              that picture is yamaha light or heavy. I also ran yamaha senior sportsman light and heavy, Formula Super A, 80 shifter and 125 shifter towards the end even though the shifter stuff at that time was more of a novelty and hadn't become super competitive yet.

edit: that is Kyle Adkins on the 17 between myself and hornish, of Adkins speed center fame
                              pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

• Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                                It's a shame that place is so far away, I'd go there over DKC.
                                Its really close to me DKC is a long ass drive!

Not worth it IMO
                                -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
                                -1993 Cobra- 700rw
                                -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
                                -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
                                -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

Working...
                                X