Procharged C6Z vs. Viper vs. CTS-V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
    Yeah, its flaring every now and then on the shifts. Just needs more tuning IMHO.
    Tuning cannot overcome the physical limitations of the OEM equipment.
    That stock converter is not designed to handle 750+ rw torque spikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Makes that six figure price tag you paid sting abit more doesn't it? lol.
      Not at all. Two totally different situations. People don't think of all the variables and costs that go into purchases. I had an '08 LS3 Vette that I loved. Had maybe $50k in it total with nice long-tubes, Corsa Z06 exhaust, CAI, tune, internally stock and it screamed:

Then, I traded the '08 LS3 to try the king and it's been awesome so far. It's a complete package and it's been great at the track days I've had it. Much more robust overall package than the base LS3 Vette I had, though the LS3 got it done too, certainly for the money involved.

So, consider this:

1. $50k base Vette then put $25K of mods in it with a full DP 800rwhp package and all the ancilliary parts/goodies. So, you have an awesome $75k Vette that will be worth $35-40k or less in 4 years because it's so modded out.

2. Spend $100k on a ZR1, drive it 4 years, and it should still be worth around 65-70k. So, the 800rwhp Vette is faster, but it doesn't have all the CF, the factory LS9, the styling, the CC brakes, the factory development and engineering, etc.

Similar net cost for both options above. One direction isn't necessarily better than the other, they're just different paths for different priorities.
      Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
        1. $50k base Vette then put $25K of mods in it with a full DP 800rwhp package and all the ancilliary parts/goodies. So, you have an awesome $75k Vette that will be worth $35-40k or less in 4 years because it's so modded out.

2. Spend $100k on a ZR1, drive it 4 years, and it should still be worth around 65-70k. So, the 800rwhp Vette is faster, but it doesn't have all the CF, the factory LS9, the styling, the CC brakes, the factory development and engineering, etc.

Similar net cost for both options above. One direction isn't necessarily better than the other, they're just different paths for different priorities.
        25k to get 800 rwhp?

lols..

i guess i will stick to my slow bolt on ls3 vette.. Zr1 is to baller for me
        2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
          25k to get 800 rwhp?

lols..

i guess i will stick to my slow bolt on ls3 vette.. Zr1 is to baller for me
          David, you know 800 RELIABLE rwhp is going to end up costing $25k in the end with clutch, built internals, fuel system, wheels/tires, brakes, etc.

For less than $10k, you can strap on a blower, spin it to the moon, and the LS3 will hold up for quite a while if tuned right, but you're still running on borrowed time, particularly if you do track days, which I do as often as possible. It's just not a viable set-up for the road course.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

EVERYTHING that is raced is on borrowed time.
            -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
            -1993 Cobra- 700rw
            -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
            -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
            -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

You mean it's not supposed to blow and stuff?
              Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Nice vid bro.
                DSC_0377
                2003 DSG

Comment

That's a sick ass V!

Comment

Will have your new wheels come in yet?

Comment

pm me to meet up i want to run that V with my stock 5.0!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1fastvipper View Post
                        pm me to meet up i want to run that V with my stock 5.0!!
                        Your 5.0 is as stock as his V is. lol.

Comment

Your 5.0 is as stock as his V is. lol.
                          Mike never has anything that is stock, rather "stock."

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            Mike never has anything that is stock, rather "stock."
                            Will (Junkie) is the exact same way. He's got one of the fastest street cars in the country. The V is just something he built to play with so he could get a race on occasion. lol.

Comment

Will (Junkie) is the exact same way. He's got one of the fastest street cars in the country. The V is just something he built to play with so he could get a race on occasion. lol.
                              What is his "fast" car? Should he be afraid of the II?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                                What is his "fast" car? Should he be afraid of the II?
                                His Supra, with the last setup it made over 1200rw, that was without the dope. It went 8.81 rowing gears with the stock 6 speed. It's now getting a new setup to make even more power. He had the TT Lambo UGR guys running scared at TX2k. lmao.

Comment

Working...
                                X