No announcement yet.

Full size truck guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been looking at getting a 2500hd with a 6.0l, I went and test drove a 2010....what a dog. Does the 2011 run that much better?

Sam....when you coming to get that cam?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Thumper View Post
      I've been looking at getting a 2500hd with a 6.0l, I went and test drove a 2010....what a dog. Does the 2011 run that much better?

The 2010 and 2011 have the same engine. A tune really wakes the truck up.

I've been trying to get out there but I have been swamped. I'll make it by middle of the week for sure.

Comment

Dang that's slower than fox body mike.

Comment

I got a 2011 5.3, is it worth getting a tune?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue88Coupe View Post
            I got a 2011 5.3, is it worth getting a tune?
            yes

Comment

Originally posted by Big Thumper View Post

the 6.0 sucks compared to the 6.2 wich im sure is what truck he is talking about, its in the denalis and escalades as well
              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
                About a second slower if its stock with a stock tune. A good 93 octane tune is worth .7 and about 6 mph. The K&N will only gain .1 and 1 mph.
                a k&n actually helps on these trucks? sweet

Comment

About 14 rwhp is what they claim. Of course that's with the complete cai.
                  Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                    Took my truck to the track tonight, 2011 Silverado CC w / 6.2. Rated 403 fwhp, I dunno the torque. Has factory 22" wheels with Pirrelli tires, k & n cai and tuned by Sam. Has 2900 miles on the odometer.

60ft 2.19
                    330 ft 5.989
                    1/8 9.08
                    Mph 79.01
                    1000ft 11.800
                    1/4 14.071
                    MPh 99.01

It'd spin the tires pretty bad on the 1-2 shifts, I ran three back to back passes and it ran this every time. I'm impressed
                    You got my boat beat. But all I have is a drop in K&N filter. Got me by a little over a tenth and 4 mph. You mph says you have better times with traction. That is very impressive. Thanks for posting

Comment

Thanks, it DA corrected to a 13.6@102. I'd imagine it run some low 13's next time out. Have a couple fires burning I need to put out but soon enough.
                      Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
                        Thanks, it DA corrected to a 13.6@102. I'd imagine it run some low 13's next time out. Have a couple fires burning I need to put out but soon enough.
                        That's pretty good for an n/a truck...

My ol 04 F-150 I managed to get down to a 12.6 before factory tranny with nearly 100k miles on it left a dump...

Now I got a new tranny, race tune, and some other misc mods and hope to hit a high 11 in the next coming months.
                        "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
                        X