480 RWHP is not all that these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
    I just wanted to know why GM needed large engines to produce the same power as smaller ford v8s.
    because GM goes bankrupt and steals money from taxpayers
    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

• my opinion is this RWhP is quite impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by 78X View Post
        my opinion is this RWhP is quite impressive

Is that svtlols corvette?
        Full time ninja editor.

Comment

• im wayyyyyyyyyy closer to 280 than i ever will be to 480

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• Wow.

If Ford and Chevy didn't have competitive products against each other, one of them would go out of business. Some years are better for others on the Chevy/Ford war. I remember being fond of the blown 4.6 on the '03/'04 Cobras when I had my '01 Vette with a bolt-on LS1 engine making 337rwhp. I met Xstang through that process and we've become long-term friends.

I even owned a '99 Cobra for a weekend (long story, but I was forced to return it on Monday...that was a disaster). I got my new '01 Vette out of college and I've loved Vettes ever since. But, I still turn around and listen to that great mod motor sound when a nice Mustang rolls by and I can appreciate that.

I loved my LS3 in my '08 Vette and I really love my current LS9. I think the new 5.0 is an awesome motor with a lot of potential. I look forward to Ford putting together a better package that can get the power down on their blown 5.4 engine in the GT500, etc.
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

• Originally posted by majorownage View Post
              wow, you are dumb

I was talking about a rev limit.

When the competition engines are dynoed, they have to make max average horsepower up to a certain rpm.
              I know what you were talking about, you fucking moron. The fact is that a "rev limit" is nothing more than a maximum operating range, of which we all have on our cars. You can't spin any car as high as you'd like, because you'll start floating valves, or start chunking parts out of the bottom end.

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                When and why did me being from pilot point have anything to do with this?

Haha damn you guys are dumbass rat turds.
                You morons can't put together a coherent argument, and we're "dumbass rat turds"? If you said that to my face I would slap you so hard, you'd feel like you kissed a freight train.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  im wayyyyyyyyyy closer to 280 than i ever will be to 480

god bless.
                  That's really theory. The car never runs, so technically it doesn't make horsepower.

Comment

• Originally posted by quikag View Post
                    Wow.

If Ford and Chevy didn't have competitive products against each other, one of them would go out of business. Some years are better for others on the Chevy/Ford war. I remember being fond of the blown 4.6 on the '03/'04 Cobras when I had my '01 Vette with a bolt-on LS1 engine making 337rwhp. I met Xstang through that process and we've become long-term friends.

I even owned a '99 Cobra for a weekend (long story, but I was forced to return it on Monday...that was a disaster). I got my new '01 Vette out of college and I've loved Vettes ever since. But, I still turn around and listen to that great mod motor sound when a nice Mustang rolls by and I can appreciate that.

I loved my LS3 in my '08 Vette and I really love my current LS9. I think the new 5.0 is an awesome motor with a lot of potential. I look forward to Ford putting together a better package that can get the power down on their blown 5.4 engine in the GT500, etc.
                    ^Hey a reasonable person.

I personally am kinda angry about the 5.0. Its just another mod motor, I dont understand why almost every chebby guy parrot "oh yea the 5.0 is actually pretty good" its a cliche. The only difference is Ford made the water passages in different locations so that the new heads cannot bolt to the 5.4/4.6 pattern, which I see as complete BS.

Stock vs. stock, the ls1 didn't have much, if anything on the cobra. Both hps are within 15 in any given year. The problem arises when the mods start. People are used to a pushrods, and know what they like.

Apply the same things to a 4v mod, and you got a turd on your hands. A generic grind 4v cam often times than not kills the torque curve, and might give 15hp on top. There are no aftermarket 4v heads, which I think is a testement to the ford design.

While an ls1 can do mid 400's with H/C/I, many cobra owners struggle hitting 350.

With a custom ground cam, some headwork, and a stock shortened runner intake, a c headed cobra will put 400 to the wheels at under 8krpm, but that is basically it for a stock block. Any higher and you will not be able to shift the shitty tremec that seems to infect both breeds of cars.

There are few cars like that around because few people understand mods.
                    Last edited by majorownage; 09-22-2011, 10:52 AM.
                    Full time ninja editor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      That's really theory. The car never runs, so technically it doesn't make horsepower.
                      haha! i drove it to work today. it made it all 7 miles!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

^Hey a reasonable person.

I personally am kinda angry about the 5.0. Its just another mod motor, I dont understand why almost every chebby guy parrot "oh yea the 5.0 is actually pretty good" its a cliche. The only difference is Ford made the water passages in different locations so that the new heads cannot bolt to the 5.4/4.6 pattern, which I see as complete BS.

Stock vs. stock, the ls1 didn't have much, if anything on the cobra. Both hps are within 15 in any given year. The problem arises when the mods start. People are used to a pushrods, and know what they like.

Apply the same things to a 4v mod, and you got a turd on your hands. A generic grind 4v cam often times than not kills the torque curve, and might give 15hp on top. There are no aftermarket 4v heads, which I think is a testement to the ford design.

While an ls1 can do mid 400's with H/C/I, many cobra owners struggle hitting 350.

With a custom ground cam, some headwork, and a stock shortened runner intake, a c headed cobra will put 400 to the wheels at under 8krpm, but that is basically it for a stock block. Any higher and you will not be able to shift the shitty tremec that seems to infect both breeds of cars.

There are few cars like that around because few people understand mods.

Those tremecs aren't shitty, an LS1 with a cam and headers can make 450 to the tires, it takes a lot of money to make +400rwhp in an N/A mod motor.

Broheim, I've seen more of these cars race than I can imagine. You need to broaden your perspective a bit.

Comment

Those tremecs aren't shitty, an LS1 with a cam and headers can make 450 to the tires, it takes a lot of money to make +400rwhp in an N/A mod motor.

Broheim, I've seen more of these cars race than I can imagine. You need to broaden your perspective a bit.
                          if you know what you are doing, it'll be around the same price as a hci on an ls1.

t56? a turd and will not shift at higher rpms
                          t45? a turd and will not shift at higher rpms
                          3650? a turd and will shift at high rpm, and only somtimes bust synchros

That is with stock equipment. Of course a $6k t56 will be able to shift at almost any rpm
                          Full time ninja editor.

Comment

I know what you were talking about, you fucking moron. The fact is that a "rev limit" is nothing more than a maximum operating range, of which we all have on our cars. You can't spin any car as high as you'd like, because you'll start floating valves, or start chunking parts out of the bottom end.
                            I was talking about the competition rules, not a rev limiter on an engine, queerbait.
                            Full time ninja editor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              haha! i drove it to work today. it made it all 7 miles!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
                              Did you have the top down so you hair can blow with all the girlies standing by to say hi?

Comment

Stock vs. stock, the ls1 didn't have much, if anything on the cobra. Both hps are within 15 in any given year.
                                I beg to differ. I have a 99% stock (lid, smooth bellow, flowmaster welded into stock catback) 98 Trans am. I have yet to have ANY trouble putting SEVERAL cars on any stockish cobra besides an 03-04. With a stock 03-04 its been pretty much a drivers race.

Comment

Working...
                                X