480 RWHP is not all that these days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
    Lets put a supercharger on a 6.2l v8 that we put in camaros and make 600hp.

Lol what a joke, why does it take so much to make so little power?

Ferarri 599 has 6.0l n/a 600hp. They don't need a supercharger because they can build a better engine.
    You're stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by quikag View Post
      i like these theoretical discussions where the participants are talking shit about $120k cars and $300k+ cars when they can't afford or don't own either. Nice.
      thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
        Yeah. Catching fire and burning to the fucking ground is acceptable.
        but at least the paint matches!!1111!!

Comment

• You guys take offense because I don't jump on the corvette bandwagon.

You corvette guys and GM guys are full of excuses.

Let's date back to late 2002, and before you fuck heads say anything yes I did live through this..

SVT releases the terminator cobra. 4.6l eaton charged 390hp on 8lbs? With lots more left on the table. All the GM guys, ls1 at the time "oh ford needs a blower to keep up". Hey rednecks you have 1100cc more of displacement.

Let's jump ahead to today. GM ls3 camaros are getting laughed at for making 426hp with 6.2l of displacement, while ford is making 416hp with 5.0l! Same power 1200cc less. Chevy answers this with the lsa or ls9 they take that same 6.2l and put a blower on it. (whos using a blower now?) in respect the lsa makes 550hp and ls9 is around 600. Eh.. Fords 5.4 with a blower makes the same power as the lsa, and come 2014 the gt500 gets a update to 5.8l and over 600hp using the SAME blower found on the GM engines.

So I ask this, If the ls Is so great, why when the tables are turned is it less superior? Why does it take so much displacement to make the same power? Why can't they be efficient? Why do people think they are so great? Why does GM need boost now?

The ls engines are great engines, but they are far from the best.

Ford made a modular super car, the GT and it was great. Not until the c6 zo6 years later did GM make a car that was equivalent.

What are you zr1 fans going to do when ford uses it's new engine technology in a new supercar? Lol make more excuses? Oh wait...

The zr1s performance puts it in comparison with the rest of the worlds supercars, who's manufactures have more experience and i think we can all agree that the only advantage the zr1 has over any of it's competion is price, and nothing else. It laid down quicker ring' times because GM designed it to do so ahead of the competition, I'm just sitting back and waiting for GM to be made a bigger failure then it's bussiness decisions already have.

The ctsv Is currently the worlds fastest sedan, kudos that car is tits. But what are they going to do when the twin turbo m5 hits the ring? Lol.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Don't reply with your stupid because I'd like answers because I'd truly like to know them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
              You're stupid.
              Youre dim.

Comment

• There is a reason the rest of the world ditched pushrods. Less moving parts for one. Not to mention the can of worms opened with cross flowing heads with a penthouse combustion chamber. It's all about fuel atomization and OHC heads get the air spinning better. Just admit it.

Comment

You guys take offense because I don't jump on the corvette bandwagon.

You corvette guys and GM guys are full of excuses.

Let's date back to late 2002, and before you fuck heads say anything yes I did live through this..

SVT releases the terminator cobra. 4.6l eaton charged 390hp on 8lbs? With lots more left on the table. All the GM guys, ls1 at the time "oh ford needs a blower to keep up". Hey rednecks you have 1100cc more of displacement.

Let's jump ahead to today. GM ls3 camaros are getting laughed at for making 426hp with 6.2l of displacement, while ford is making 416hp with 5.0l! Same power 1200cc less. Chevy answers this with the lsa or ls9 they take that same 6.2l and put a blower on it. (whos using a blower now?) in respect the lsa makes 550hp and ls9 is around 600. Eh.. Fords 5.4 with a blower makes the same power as the lsa, and come 2014 the gt500 gets a update to 5.8l and over 600hp using the SAME blower found on the GM engines.

So I ask this, If the ls Is so great, why when the tables are turned is it less superior? Why does it take so much displacement to make the same power? Why can't they be efficient? Why do people think they are so great? Why does GM need boost now?

The ls engines are great engines, but they are far from the best.

Ford made a modular super car, the GT and it was great. Not until the c6 zo6 years later did GM make a car that was equivalent.

What are you zr1 fans going to do when ford uses it's new engine technology in a new supercar? Lol make more excuses? Oh wait...

The zr1s performance puts it in comparison with the rest of the worlds supercars, who's manufactures have more experience and i think we can all agree that the only advantage the zr1 has over any of it's competion is price, and nothing else. It laid down quicker ring' times because GM designed it to do so ahead of the competition, I'm just sitting back and waiting for GM to be made a bigger failure then it's bussiness decisions already have.

The ctsv Is currently the worlds fastest sedan, kudos that car is tits. But what are they going to do when the twin turbo m5 hits the ring? Lol.
                  Actually nobody gives a shit what you think. It's only a mild annoyance that you post at all.

FWIW: The Ford GT was made in 2005/2006. The C6 Z06 came out in... late 2005.

The reason that nobody answers your questions is because your rhetoric is completely unfounded. If you bothered doing any research to back up your theories, then you might have changed your own mind before you opened your mouth.

Since you know everything, then I guess that I don't have to tell you that the LS based motors are a simple, yet very efficient engine. They're easy to work on, reliable at most power levels, and make great power.

15* valve angle, aluminum block with cross bolted mains, and in its most pedestrian form can be found for 500$ and will hold together @ 500rwhp on stock internals for quite a while.

The only reason the 03 Cobras were significant at all was because they had forged pistons and H beam rods from the factory. Ford built a race motor with a warranty and put a little blower on top of it. If it had the same guts as every other 4.6 of its era then they would have scattered a bunch more of them.

Let's see, ford introduces the modular to the Mustang in 1996, and doesn't have a car that's worth talking about for 7 years, then again 8 years after that.

Chevy introduces the LS1 to the F body in 1998 and literally changes the world of performance. Until those LS1 cars came out, a 12 second street car was fun. After the Ls1, if you didn't trap 115+, you might as well stay home.

Comment

• Why need so much displacent if they're so efficient?

I stand corrected on the GT vs zo6. Although the worlds fastest standing mile car is a GT.

Well, it may have taken them a while to get it right, atleast they had the balls to try something differant.

I never said the ls was junk, and the easy to work on argument is bunk because ive worked on modulars, they're not hard at all.

Comment

• And lol at ls1s being easy, look at the f body half the engine is in the firewall, and corvettes are just as crammed.

The only ls that I'd call easy Is the v8 trucks.

Comment

• The 500rwhp argument is negotiable.

Mach 1s can put down 450-500 and depending on the tune can last a while too.

The internals are junk, mainly the rods. I'm not for sure what ford was thinking, so I'll tip my hat to GM for making an engine with beefy internals.

Comment

• I still don't see why they need 1000+cc of displacement to be competitive.

Comment

Why need so much displacent if they're so efficient?

I stand corrected on the GT vs zo6. Although the worlds fastest standing mile car is a GT.

Well, it may have taken them a while to get it right, atleast they had the balls to try something differant.

I never said the ls was junk, and the easy to work on argument is bunk because ive worked on modulars, they're not hard at all.
                            That GT is making at least 3 times the power it did from the factory at the crank, and I promise not much is stock in that mill. As for ease of maintenance, the LS beats the Mod every time. Changed cams on a DOHC Cobra yet? How about the one cam on ANY LS engine? Pulled heads? Swapped intakes? De-gunked EGR systems? I promise the least fun I've ever had working on a car while earning the money I required to live was digging carbon out of an EGR passage in a Fudd's Crown Vic at flag rate. What a puto.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Yale View Post
                              That GT is making at least 3 times the power it did from the factory at the crank, and I promise not much is stock in that mill. As for ease of maintenance, the LS beats the Mod every time. Changed cams on a DOHC Cobra yet? How about the one cam on ANY LS engine? Pulled heads? Swapped intakes? De-gunked EGR systems? I promise the least fun I've ever had working on a car while earning the money I required to live was digging carbon out of an EGR passage in a Fudd's Crown Vic at flag rate. What a puto.
                              If the ls was the best, it would hold the record. You can modify them just as easy. I never said it was stock.

Changing cams is a matter of timing and setting the chains. Hard? No. Time consuming, sure. Intake? I don't even see why that would be considered difficult. And yeah the carbon build up is a bitch, I'll give you that.

Me and shadow swapped heads on his 2v and it wasnt hard at all.

Comment

• Let's talk performance, not maitenace.

If it were easy, women and children would do it. Let's be men.

Comment

Working...
                                X