No announcement yet.

Closed Face Helmets - What do you have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed Face Helmets - What do you have?

Looking for a new helmet, since I found out mine is expired and was curious as to what others are using out there....

i have a shoei and it fits like a glove, it's actually comfortable to wear. i had an icon and i hated the way it felt. these are both left overs from my motorcycles, but they obviously work the same.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARY View Post
      Looking for a new helmet, since I found out mine is expired and was curious as to what others are using out there....
      What class are yoiu running that has a spec on helmets?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Local tracks and NMRA True Street...in the 10's...I will purchase an Snell SA2010 and am looking at the Bell M4....I'd like to find a place where I can try multiple helmets on (Bell, Simpson, etc.), so as to achieve the desired/most comfortable fit....Was using an Arai RX-7 (which is actually a motorcycle helmet) in the past.

Comment

Local tracks and NMRA True Street...in the 10's...I will purchase an Snell SA2010 and am looking at the Bell M4....I'd like to find a place where I can try multiple helmets on (Bell, Simpson, etc.), so as to achieve the desired/most comfortable fit....Was using an Arai RX-7 (which is actually a motorcycle helmet) in the past.

Yep.. They teched the WHOLE car in baytown. Balancer, belts, belhousing etc...

Comment

Smilies in Mesquite area is the only place I know of that has multiple brands and styles to try on.

Maybe some knows of another place locally.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              Smilies in Mesquite area is the only place I know of that has multiple brands and styles to try on.

Maybe some knows of another place locally.
              there is a smiley's in kennedale

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe View Post
                there is a smiley's in kennedale
                They aint got shit, I went down there helmet hunting on Saturday, they were out of almost everything.
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  They aint got shit, I went down there helmet hunting on Saturday, they were out of almost everything.
                  LOL! That one in K-Dale is pretty small, didn't think they'd have much, if anything at all..I've been told the Mesquite store is of size and has a decent selection.

Anyone else know of any places other than Smiley's in Mesquite?

And...I expected more responses on this thread....I guess there just aren't that many people protecting the skull out there....

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                    lol, i haven't been in while. i'm sure they can order anything though.

Comment

I don't think ordering a helmet, based on what you may see or read on the internet is a good idea.....must try it on, ensure good fit.....but, hey, that's just me.

Comment

I don't think ordering a helmet, based on what you may see or read on the internet is a good idea.....must try it on, ensure good fit.....but, hey, that's just me.
                        Agreed x9837489273
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

G Force

Comment

Simpson Bandit and Devil Ray.
                            sigpic
                            "Thank you"
                            Malone's Horsepower Ranch:
                            SHOWMAKERS of AMERICA:
                            Pietro's Italian Restorante Vacaville, Ca:
                            Lucas Oil:
                            Quick Fuel Technology:
                            360 Wrap

Comment

I have a Shoei rf1000 I love it. It's now my track helmet since selling the cbr and I'd buy another one.
                              Vortex rear stand $75
                              8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                              My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                              but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                              11 4 door
                              13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X