• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve View Post
    And as usual it attracted you in.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam88gta1 View Post
      It made real nice lowend power after I fixed the problems it had and retuned it. He told me Carlos tuned it?
      What problems did you fix on it? I tuned the car,.but he was having an issue with something funky happening randomly when you would let the clutch out wihout giving it much gas. So carlos made a lot of changes to the tune until he got it where the customer was happy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cmarsh View Post
        What problems did you fix on it? I tuned the car,.but he was having an issue with something funky happening randomly when you would let the clutch out wihout giving it much gas. So carlos made a lot of changes to the tune until he got it where the customer was happy.
        Stock Valley cover bolts cracked the Fast Intake. It had a terrible leak. Map Sensor was reading 85ish kpa at idle ,90 kpa at wot. That fixed part of the problem but the rest of it was in the tune. After the timing/fuel trims were fixed it idled perfect and drove great.

I didnt have time to tune his car the first time he came to me so I sent him your way. He didnt seem very happy about his experience with Carlos. He gave up on it and stopped going back.

Comment

Stock Valley cover bolts cracked the Fast Intake. It had a terrible leak. Map Sensor was reading 85ish kpa at idle ,90 kpa at wot. That fixed part of the problem but the rest of it was in the tune. After the timing/fuel trims were fixed it idled perfect and drove great.

I didnt have time to tune his car the first time he came to me so I sent him your way. He didnt seem very happy about his experience with Carlos. He gave up on it and stopped going back.
          I'm surprised to hear that. They spent like 2hrs driving around, logging and tuning the car. Carlos is good at doing drivability with vettes, with all the practice he has on his car. But I guess if there was an airleak after the maf, no tune would really make it run perfect.

Comment

I'm surprised to hear that. They spent like 2hrs driving around, logging and tuning the car. Carlos is good at doing drivability with vettes, with all the practice he has on his car. But I guess if there was an airleak after the maf, no tune would really make it run perfect.
            In my opinion the drivability part of the tune file left alot to be desired. My opinion is biased though because ive tuned alot of e40 pcm big cam vehicles. I dont really know Carlos so I dont want to say anything negative about his tuning. Everyone has their own wany.

Comment

• Carlos Zo6 is the highest hp heads/cam Z0 in the county..670rw and 600rwtq with a stockbottomend, ported ls7 heads, custom cam, fast 102 intake with a 102tb and e85. All the tuning was done by me and carlos at hpp...and let me tell ya, extensive tuning is the key to the crazy power he is making. The drivablity is perfect on his car...and has been with the 10 different cams we have tryed. I'm sure anything that looked abnormal in the blue cars tune was a result of trying to tune around the airleak. Did you dyno the bluecar to verify the power increase, or was it all street tuning?

Comment

• And btw....the blue vette never felt like. It was soft of bottomend power when I drove it, just surprised me when I compared it to a bolton 2011 5.0. The much smaller motor made 30lb more under the curve. Prob a result of the varible cams and a very efficent motor

Comment

Carlos Zo6 is the highest hp heads/cam Z0 in the county..670rw and 600rwtq with a stockbottomend, ported ls7 heads, custom cam, fast 102 intake with a 102tb and e85. All the tuning was done by me and carlos at hpp...and let me tell ya, extensive tuning is the key to the crazy power he is making. The drivablity is perfect on his car...and has been with the 10 different cams we have tryed. I'm sure anything that looked abnormal in the blue cars tune was a result of trying to tune around the airleak. Did you dyno the bluecar to verify the power increase, or was it all street tuning?
                  I dynoed the car but only after the changes and the tune was finished. It made normal power under 6krpm for a 230's duration cam in a ls2. Peak power was 450rwhp. I drove it prior to tuning and the low end power was as you described. That and the poor idle/rich exhaust at idle was his concern. That was the whole reason behind its problem of taking off under a light load.
                  The parts of the file that need modified for proper return to idle and idle stability was completely untouched. That section of the file is the same for the e40, e36, e60 and e38 pcm.
                  He sold the car last week and moved on to a stock sports car.

Comment

• Here is another point of view:
                    First and second runs:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Third:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Fourth:

To try to clear some things up. On every run, I was spinning ( if I recall the Mach has drag radials and I had street tires) ... It was like 30* outside and I was not hooking.
                    I gave the Mach1 props on his car wen though apparently he called mine "slow anyway I look at it"... But whatever... Still gave him props that night.

Now, I had HPP tune the car... The driveability side of the tune needed work, that is why I went back a few times to try to get it fixed nut we were un successful. Carlos did a great job at tuning the car on the drivability side, but apparently using the factory bolta on the FAST102 is a big no no... The throttle body never sealed properly and that is why HPP was not able to tune it properly. Including Carlos.
                    I was advised by White_lightining and RedWS6 (not sure if he is on this forum) to let Sam check it out and I was pretty depressed with it so I did. Sam, instantly realized that I also didn't change the "valley bolts" and that it could had possibly cracked the intake. So, I let him tune it. When I picked the cr up it drove great! I kept it a bit longer but decided to get a 2010 SS... And god willing in a few months... I'll have more than enough to take car of the Mach1. I'll make sure you guys get a video.
                    2005 C6 Z51: Cam only - 477rwhp (corrected)

Comment

• Looks like fun besides the spinning. :P
                      2014 GT
                      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

• Originally posted by pbm.cc View Post
                        Here is another point of view:
                        First and second runs:

Third:

Fourth:

To try to clear some things up. On every run, I was spinning ( if I recall the Mach has drag radials and I had street tires) ... It was like 30* outside and I was not hooking.
                        I gave the Mach1 props on his car wen though apparently he called mine "slow anyway I look at it"... But whatever... Still gave him props that night.

Now, I had HPP tune the car... The driveability side of the tune needed work, that is why I went back a few times to try to get it fixed nut we were un successful. Carlos did a great job at tuning the car on the drivability side, but apparently using the factory bolta on the FAST102 is a big no no... The throttle body never sealed properly and that is why HPP was not able to tune it properly. Including Carlos.
                        I was advised by White_lightining and RedWS6 (not sure if he is on this forum) to let Sam check it out and I was pretty depressed with it so I did. Sam, instantly realized that I also didn't change the "valley bolts" and that it could had possibly cracked the intake. So, I let him tune it. When I picked the cr up it drove great! I kept it a bit longer but decided to get a 2010 SS... And god willing in a few months... I'll have more than enough to take car of the Mach1. I'll make sure you guys get a video.
                        sucks you got rid of the vette Sam is a BAD ass.. only person i trust with my car.
                        2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pbm.cc View Post
                          Here is another point of view:
                          First and second runs:

Third:

Fourth:

You're a fag for getting rid of the vette! I'm sure sam and his boyfriend will make the new car haul ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
                            You're a fag for getting rid of the vette! I'm sure sam and his boyfriend will make the new car haul ass.
                            What the fuck!
                            I make cars fly ,Brian welds holes in exhaust. Get it right!

Comment

What the fuck!
                              I make cars fly ,Brian welds holes in exhaust. Get it right!
                              LMMFAO!!
                              sigpic

Comment

And btw....the blue vette never felt like. It was soft of bottomend power when I drove it, just surprised me when I compared it to a bolton 2011 5.0. The much smaller motor made 30lb more under the curve. Prob a result of the varible cams and a very efficent motor
                                Chris I just want to add that I respect you and everything that you have done. You were tuning cars long before me and have been in this game for far longer than I have. I mean no disrespect.
                                With that being said I dont think you are behind the computer as much now as you have been in the past. I tune 2-5 cars a week and have done so for the last 4 years at that rate. In a relatively short amount of time I have gained alot of experience. I critique myself just as much as I do others so that I continue to excel. I dont want you to think im picking on you or that I think im better than you.
                                Last edited by Sam88gta1; 02-15-2011, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X