2011 GT E85 Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JETFAST View Post
    A Grade more consistent Specific Gravity then the shit at the pump fluctuating all the time would be nice. I'm looking for as close to 100 percent I can get in a drum without alcohol tax.
    Can you not get straight denatured ethanol?
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

The Hummer dealership off 121 and near William D Tate in Grapevine sells E85, just a heads up.

Comment

how clean does e85 burn?

Can you pass the sniffer test with ease with e85..and does it burn so clean that you dont need cats anymore?

Comment

I shot a couple of you guys at HPP a pm...

Comment

so how much mpg did going e85 increase or decrease?

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              Can you not get straight denatured ethanol?
              thats what I'm looking for. Having a hard time finding a place that will fill drum(s).

Comment

Find any leads on farm grade?

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                  so how much mpg did going e85 increase or decrease?
                  It will get about 30% less mileage with a full tank. I run e85 at 2.50 a gallon and I can get 800 to the wheels with it. On pump gas it's 3.xx something a gallon and I get only 625 to the wheels on that. My car had pump gas in it once to get a tune. I've ran my e85 tunes for the entire time my car has been complete. It's bad ass stuff.
                  “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

I'll have to look into the farm grade option because 1.xx a gallon is too hard to pass up. If anyone finds a place selling it post it up please.
                    “There will be, in the next generation or so, a pharmacological method of making people love their servitude, and producing dictatorship without tears, so to speak, producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies, so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them, but will rather enjoy it, because they will be distracted from any desire to rebel by propaganda or brainwashing, or brainwashing enhanced by pharmacological methods". Aldous Huxley 1962

Comment

How long can E85 sit in a tank? Now considering this for my race car, but it sits for weeks at a time. 104 was getting up to 8.50/gallon and I'll go through 40 gallons in a weekend some times. I might finally need to do a fuel cell and just convert to E85. If I could gain the 30rwhp/rwtq by just going to E85 and watching usage, I won't need to buy those Trick Flow heads.

Chris, I need to bring car back to Dallas soon and get on the dyno and go for the E85 tune and see how it does.

Current combo is a 12.5:1 big bore 2V making 325/340. Have 30# injectors and 03 cobra pump/tank setup with Manny's SCT chip/tune. What would I need for the E85? 42#'s maybe...?

looking for 350-355 rwhp and good torque.

Comment

One of the exact reasons I converted a race car in 06-07, besides the HP factor. 104 was 8.50 a gallon and e-85 was 1.70 @ the time. The engine temp, man what a difference! Coming off the track over heating, and coming off the track in front @ 195. Before the engine reached full op temp, the intake would sweat like a glass of ice'd Tea, just pouring beads of sweat, and cold as ice.

Everyone's motors were at 220+ at the end of a race and slowing down, while we got faster in the end of the race as the motor got hotter, it atomized the fuel better, coming off the track @ around 180-190. Also noticed the motor would cool down much faster after the race, and was a lot harder to keep warmed up.

never drained the tank, and raced every week end. no issues with corrosion. after we won the championship, I went threw the fuel system. All i found was a very little bit of some white~ish fine sandy residue in the bottom of the filter housing and carb bowl, thats it. No corrosion like methanol. No ate up fittings, or rubber anything.

I also ran blue food coloring in it so it looked like race gas when we fulled @ the track, as we were class racing and the rules stated pump gas or 104, no methanol. E85 came out of the pump and the rules stated no methanol, but didn't say shit about ethanol.

Now the rules actually state no meth or eth.

The smell was so bad we stopped fueling the car at the track because the fumes attracted to much attention to us in the pits. Whats that smell? Think you got some bad gas! we got that alot. So we started Topping off the 22 gallon fuel safe before we headed to the track.

The hp increase, tq increase, cooling of the intake air charge, oxygenation. All benefits. Consumes more volume is the only down side i've found, other then availability and fluctuation in the 87 to ethanol ratio.

Comment

..Let me know if I can help
                          Last edited by VPdist; 04-08-2011, 01:34 AM. Reason: Advertising

Comment

Mine made that on 93

Comment

Got any distributors in College Station? Need 100 unleaded or E85. Might even settle for 97/98 if VP sells it.
                              Last edited by Osiris; 04-05-2011, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Smileys in The Woodlands is the closest I know of, MS-109 is probably the best unleaded

Smileys
                                281-362-7872

Thanks Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X