Ran a cammed 93 cobra today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
    "the coolest thing to do" meaning racing on the street with your friends in what are relativly stock slow cars. not bashing the idea of porting but if you want more power dont waste the money on gaskets etc.. on gasket matched "stock heads" save thoose heads as original castings for that rare of a car. and trust me if your car did much more than 230hp it would have no problem beating a stock coupe. a mustang with stock suspension and roughly 260 whp should run low 8.2's-8.4's so a coupe that might run 8.6's on a good day pulls as hard as he says he did you either have a problem or it ways 4000lbs and your not that big (maybe if i was in it)
    lol.

thanks for advice.

who are you again?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• hey advice is always free. even though it wasn't pertaining to you I'm sure you can gain something from it .

who am I...the mysterious internet stalker.
      89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

• I beat a stock 5.0 in my 05 accord coupe with a v6 and mine was an auto.
        93gt 331 ys trim, tremmec, 5 lug
        00z28 lq9 6.0, ls6 intake, ported throttle body, custom grind pat g cam.moser 9inch
        05 accord coupe daily
        89 gta lq9 swap in process.
        89 gun metal grey gta 97k original miles in pieces waiting to be crushed cali and salt killer her
        89 White GTA shell all stock and keeping it that. Finally got my white t top gta.

Comment

• Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
          Yea my car is such a turd........

Actually your car really is, I am sure it feels pretty quick and sounds pretty good with an E cam, and it is a 93 cobra so looks wise your car is the shit, but for speed, not really the shit. To even hang with half the newer cars, you need some bottle or a blower. Or build a nice stroker and have some fun. I wouldn't be modding a 93 cobra though. It would be a bad ass cruiser, and get a 4 banger and build from there.
          00z28 lq9 6.0, ls6 intake, ported throttle body, custom grind pat g cam.moser 9inch
          05 accord coupe daily
          89 gun metal grey gta 97k original miles in pieces waiting to be crushed cali and salt killer her
          89 White GTA shell all stock and keeping it that. Finally got my white t top gta.

Comment

• Originally posted by prochargedpony View Post
            I beat a stock 5.0 in my 05 accord coupe with a v6 and mine was an auto.
            wanna race me

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
              wanna race me
              In the mud or on the street?

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                In the mud or on the street?
                wherever, whenever, however

Comment

Actually your car really is, I am sure it feels pretty quick and sounds pretty good with an E cam, and it is a 93 cobra so looks wise your car is the shit, but for speed, not really the shit..

you obviously havent read my previous posts... probably should go do that... because i stated unfortunately i know these cars are not quick compared to todays standards.
                  1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by turbos66coupe View Post
                    "the coolest thing to do" meaning racing on the street with your friends in what are relativly stock slow cars. not bashing the idea of porting but if you want more power dont waste the money on gaskets etc.. on gasket matched "stock heads" save thoose heads as original castings for that rare of a car. and trust me if your car did much more than 230hp it would have no problem beating a stock coupe. a mustang with stock suspension and roughly 260 whp should run low 8.2's-8.4's so a coupe that might run 8.6's on a good day pulls as hard as he says he did you either have a problem or it ways 4000lbs and your not that big (maybe if i was in it)
                    this is why i'm about to buy a new clutch. when i rebuilt the motor i just bought a disk and scuffed up the pressure plate a little so it would be just good enough to hold for dyno and break in. i knew it wasn't going to last long, so im thinkin i just need to slap a new one in. as far as power... ya a coupe with that power will run that time, but my car being nearly 200lbs heavier would be lucky to see an 8.5 at the same power. As far as porting the heads, man im all over the place. we shall see...

Comment

lol.

thanks for advice.

who are you again?
                      his name is james turboville, he and his buddy david like taking shots at me every chance they get.... but hey, i'm just a novice what do i know, lol

Comment

wanna race me
                        Yep sure do, what car do you want to race me in. I think the only car, I have that you can actually beat is my 89 trans am GTA, Yep my honda is faster then the GTA sadly enough. When I picked it up my girl in my honda pulled it.
                        Last edited by prochargedpony; 02-01-2011, 01:16 PM.
                        05 accord coupe daily

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne fontenot View Post
                          his name is james turboville, he and his buddy david like taking shots at me every chance they get.... but hey, i'm just a novice what do i know, lol
                          some people dont like others.....ive learned to accept this

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne fontenot View Post
                            Id take advice from a novice anyday if that's the case.

Comment

Yep sure do, what car do you want to race me in. I think the only car, I have that you can actually beat is my 89 trans am GTA, Yep my honda is faster then the GTA sadly enough. When I picked it up my girl in my honda pulled it.
                              Nice group of cars.

Comment

I'll race the Honda.

I can't see it being faster then a g35. So I'm game.

Comment

Working...
                                X