Just another 10 second daily driver.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another 10 second daily driver.

Still here in Ohio, but figured I'd post up some results from Thompson Raceway. I drove the car 1350 miles to get here and averaged 31 mpg on the way. That was pretty eye opening in itself.

Friday was track day, we started at 10 am with a D/A of 1900. I made 7 passes total and ran a best of 10.85 @ 131. On that run, I had a 1.63 sixty and the eighth was 7.15 @ 100.

Car is running pretty good, still need to smooth out the tune some more. Had an issue with the ABS trying to kill me on the last run, the front left and right brakes took turns semi locking up, causing the car to get very loose at over 125, but other than that the car is fine.

So, I now own a 3755 pound 10 second daily driver that gets 30 mpg on the highway. Thanks again to HPP!

Nice!
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Very nice numbers
      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to being right there with 'ya! Great MPH!

Comment

Sleeper... Nice!
          ./ ____ _ _\.
          (]]]_ o _[[[)
          \o_FORD_o/
          |__|.....|__|

God closes doors no man can open, God opens doors no man can close. Revelations 3:7-8

Comment

Here's a couple of pics from the race -

And a video of the money run -

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sPv9CcBBeg&feature=share&list=UU_QMoTfVNe hd7olv7sTKdbg[/ame]

Comment

nice.!
              Originally posted by BoostedGT
              I got one of them POS x275 88mm's sitting on the work bench. Come get it.
              Originally posted by bigminz
              Hell no. Have you seen most of these cars up close? Death traps at those speeds.

Comment

Awesome
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

do you still have the MT-82 in the car? it sounds like you're going through the traps in 4th. I would think one would have to be in 5th with the MT-82 for a 125 mph trap...and for the trans to survive 7 passes with that kind of power being fed to it lol...either way excellent job.
                  2011 Mustang GT
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                    do you still have the MT-82 in the car? it sounds like you're going through the traps in 4th. I would think one would have to be in 5th with the MT-82 for a 125 mph trap...and for the trans to survive 7 passes with that kind of power being fed to it lol...either way excellent job.
                    MT82 and 3.55 gears, straight from the factory. Crossing the traps in 4th gear, right around 7200 rpm. I've had pretty good luck with the trans so far, hundreds of launches and just a faint hint of whine. This will be it's last year though, as we're planning an auto swap for this winters project.

Comment

Nice!
                      Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                      ...and for the trans to survive 7 passes with that kind of power being fed to it lol...
                      I have yet to see an actual MT82 failure due to excess power thrown at it. I've heard a LOT of people bitch that they can't figure out how to shift it, and I've even seen bent internal linkages when people try to force gears. Some of them do make terrible gear whine. But most of the legit "M6" issues I've seen are due to the clutch and pressure plate. I haven't seen an MT82 with a busted case, gears, or shafts. It's a pretty phenomenal transmission actually, especially when you consider what it's been asked to do - transmit an honest 400hp through a 3800lb car reliably.

Those Magnum T56s have their own set of issues and they are a bit spendy.
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        Nice!

I have yet to see an actual MT82 failure due to excess power thrown at it. I've heard a LOT of people bitch that they can't figure out how to shift it, and I've even seen bent internal linkages when people try to force gears. Some of them do make terrible gear whine. But most of the legit "M6" issues I've seen are due to the clutch and pressure plate. I haven't seen an MT82 with a busted case, gears, or shafts. It's a pretty phenomenal transmission actually, especially when you consider what it's been asked to do - transmit an honest 400hp through a 3800lb car reliably.

Those Magnum T56s have their own set of issues and they are a bit spendy.
                        I agree completely. Since HPP put the new clutch in, it now sounds like a Rockcrusher (lots of noise at idle with the clutch out), but it's like the damn Energizer Bunny, just keeps going and going.

Comment

Working...
                        X