Second Tex275 class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jason07 View Post
    .....while wearing my Boosted t-shirt, hoodie, and hat (non flat bill of course)
    A well dressed guy right there
    99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
    going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

• What difference does factory style door panels vs alluminum or carbon fiber make if you still have to make a certain weight anyway?

And why does it need functional head lights and brakes lights?
      This class doesn't sound like its a street class

Comment

• Originally posted by slim87gt View Post
        What difference does factory style door panels vs alluminum or carbon fiber make if you still have to make a certain weight anyway?

Having the ability to put 75+ lbs where you want it IMO is pretty huge. Can lower the center of gravity, put it on the nose to help with a wheelie etc..

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
          Having the ability to put 75+ lbs where you want it IMO is pretty huge. Can lower the center of gravity, put it on the nose to help with a wheelie etc..
          I agree with you 100% That's why I don't understand why the rules want factory door panels. Or the working headlight and brake lights. Its not a street car class

Comment

I agree with you 100% That's why I don't understand why the rules want factory door panels. Or the working headlight and brake lights. Its not a street car class
            No place in the rules does it say must have factory door panels. The working headlight and taillight rule is pretty much a national thing in all street car type classes. It's not a big deal.

Show up with a car and if tech has a problem with the minor details like that they will give you a race to rectify it most likely.
            903-870-8109

Thank you:
            2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
            Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
            Jimmy Patton for the pit help
            Chris Fowler for the motor work
            TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
            NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
            Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
            Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
            Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

You can have fiberglass doors etc. but you must retain a metal shell basically. I would guess the working headlights just help to keep somewhat a normal appearing car rather then a pro mod looking thing.

Comment

What difference does factory style door panels vs alluminum or carbon fiber make if you still have to make a certain weight anyway?

You have to cover the inside of the door can't be left open.

Has to have factory headlights in the front and tail lights in the rear. They dont have to work of the brake light switch.

I guess you are asking the question cause you are planning on racing in this class?

Comment

• Originally posted by 582nova View Post
                  You have to cover the inside of the door can't be left open.

Has to have factory headlights in the front and tail lights in the rear. They dont have to work of the brake light switch.

I guess you are asking the question cause you are planning on racing in this class?
                  I would like to. But I'm not going to be one of those guys that wants the rules to change just so I can. I believe the rules are the rules and if you don't like them then don't race in that class. I have metal doors with aluminum door panels. I also have facrory head lights and tail lights. The only lights that actually light up are parking and tail lights.
                  My original question was if the car has to make weight what difference does the style of door panel make? And why would the factory lights need to work?
                  If factory door panels and working head and tail lights are the rule then so be it. I was just wondering the reason why.
                  If it doesn't matter what style of door panel and it doeant matter if those lights actual
                  ly light up then I'm in. Again dont change them for me I just want to make sure I understand.
                  Now to some other stuff..... if you are going to allow radials and slicks then why call it tex275 limited or tex275 a or b
                  Doesn't seem to make sense if both tires are welcome. (I run slicks)
                  The other thing is I heard that this class was getting started so that some of the slower cars in tex275 could compete somewhere. If that's the case what is going to stop the fast tex275 cars from slowing their car down and still win?
                  For the record my car probably won't be fast enough to win this class. So I hope I didnt offend anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigminz View Post
                    No place in the rules does it say must have factory door panels. The working headlight and taillight rule is pretty much a national thing in all street car type classes. It's not a big deal.

Show up with a car and if tech has a problem with the minor details like that they will give you a race to rectify it most likely.
                    My bad. I did misunderstand the door panel rule. It says factory appearing dash, door panels

Comment

My bad. I did misunderstand the door panel rule. It says factory appearing dash, door panels
                      903-870-8109

Thank you:
                      2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
                      Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
                      Jimmy Patton for the pit help
                      Chris Fowler for the motor work
                      TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
                      NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
                      Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
                      Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
                      Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

I would like to. But I'm not going to be one of those guys that wants the rules to change just so I can. I believe the rules are the rules and if you don't like them then don't race in that class. I have metal doors with aluminum door panels. I also have facrory head lights and tail lights. The only lights that actually light up are parking and tail lights.
                        My original question was if the car has to make weight what difference does the style of door panel make? And why would the factory lights need to work?
                        If factory door panels and working head and tail lights are the rule then so be it. I was just wondering the reason why.
                        If it doesn't matter what style of door panel and it doeant matter if those lights actual
                        ly light up then I'm in. Again dont change them for me I just want to make sure I understand.
                        Now to some other stuff..... if you are going to allow radials and slicks then why call it tex275 limited or tex275 a or b
                        Doesn't seem to make sense if both tires are welcome. (I run slicks)
                        The other thing is I heard that this class was getting started so that some of the slower cars in tex275 could compete somewhere. If that's the case what is going to stop the fast tex275 cars from slowing their car down and still win?
                        For the record my car probably won't be fast enough to win this class. So I hope I didnt offend anyone.

Slim, don't worry about the headlights. I've never seen them tech for that. As far as the tail lights, I've seen cars go down the track without them but I wouldn't. I would try and get at least one tail light working. That's my $.02.

Comment

• The one working tail light rule is an NHRA rolls, not a TEX275 rule.

Who said it was supposed to be a street class? Lol. They just don't want them looking like promods.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
                            The one working tail light rule is an NHRA rolls, not a TEX275 rule.

Who said it was supposed to be a street class? Lol. They just don't want them looking like promods.
                            I don't think anyone said it was a street car class. But the rule does say working head lights, tail lights, and brake lights. I understand why the car needs some lights my parking and tail lights work. Just not the brake lights or head lights. And I don't understand the importance of working head and brake lights UNLESS it was a street car class. I guess I need to just pm the guy running the class rather then asking my questions in here. Because things are being misunderstood and questions not being answered. Thats why thise thread has so many pages.

Comment

• A lot of these rules have been in there for years and used for about 10 years. If your headlights aren't working that's okay. We have never DQ anyone. Working tails light is a must by NHRA but the brake lights don't have to work. Like I said earlier on the door panel as long as the inside is covered up you are good. On the slicks you asked about earlier that is something we are trying to see if it will bring up car count this year. Which 95% of the time we are on a good track so the radial will be faster.

Comment

I don't think anyone said it was a street car class. But the rule does say working head lights, tail lights, and brake lights. I understand why the car needs some lights my parking and tail lights work. Just not the brake lights or head lights. And I don't understand the importance of working head and brake lights UNLESS it was a street car class. I guess I need to just pm the guy running the class rather then asking my questions in here. Because things are being misunderstood and questions not being answered. Thats why thise thread has so many pages.

There you go! Come out and race!

Comment

Working...
                                X