No announcement yet.

Final TeX275 Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will run the nitrous car at certain dates and my other car if it's gets finished in time.

I have other priorities other than racing be there when I can

JS
    sigpic

Comment

Sheffield, I know you are just trying to stir the pot but come on man. You're starting to come off wrong. Let's keep this classy please.

It's easier to ask you then some of the others on here I've never even seen before.

Thanks, Justin Minzenmayer
      903-870-8109

Thank you:
      2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
      Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
      Jimmy Patton for the pit help
      Chris Fowler for the motor work
      TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
      NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
      Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
      Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
      Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

Originally posted by bigminz View Post
        Sheffield, I know you are just trying to stir the pot but come on man. You're starting to come off wrong. Let's keep this classy please.

It's easier to ask you then some of the others on here I've never even seen before.

Thanks, Justin Minzenmayer
        I have no problem with anyone other than trash talkers and they know who they are. I can be an asshole like the rest if I'm pushed to it.. Like I said the cry babies is what got me to throw In the towel in 2009. Let's just race and try to have fun. As for Jon king call Cedric if you got a problem otherwise see you at the track in March.

JS
        sigpic

Comment

Everyone is still bitching about the rules? Wow! Thought there was a meeting about this??? Just go off the Ultra Street rules verbatim.

The X class is going off John Sears rules for X275, so why not do the same for the limited class?

Comment

I'm done bitching, don't care anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Booger View Post
              I'm done bitching, don't care anymore...
              That's impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                Everyone is still bitching about the rules? Wow! Thought there was a meeting about this??? Just go off the Ultra Street rules verbatim.

The X class is going off John Sears rules for X275, so why not do the same for the limited class?

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=619314
                Cause u can't haz bb nitro in ultra dood!

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                  So what combo are you running in this class? Nitrous or Turbo?

You mentioned selling your motor at the rules meeting. Did that ever happen or are you going turbo?

No I have not sold anything my spare 588 Complete is for sale $21k 4.79 Carb to Pan it has been 4.79 It will be fresh when sold.

My current TRE 582 Has been 4.68 I will Take $28K Complete for It. Drop in And GO. Carb to Pan. It will be fresh when Sold.

Im Still going to Run one car with Nitrous and the other car will be Blown of some sort when its finished.I already have a 408 LS Motor for it.

JS
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=619314
                    No BB Nitrous combo for Ultra Street and that represents half of the potential class. I'm sure that's why US rules were not used.
                    Last edited by Sam88gta1; 12-25-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LSX121 View Post
                      No I have not sold anything my spare 588 Complete is for sale $21k 4.79 Carb to Pan it has been 4.79 It will be fresh when sold.

My current TRE 582 Has been 4.68 I will Take $28K Complete for It. Drop in And GO. Carb to Pan. It will be fresh when Sold.

Im Still going to Run one car with Nitrous and the other car will be Blown of some sort when its finished.I already have a 408 LS Motor for it.

JS
                      Let's discuss your turbo combo...... what type of turbo will you use? (I assume when you say blown, you mean turbo)

Comment

So the facts are:
                        1 car in ultra has gone a 4.9x@3200lbs
                        Don't know of any competitive gt4788 cars in any heads up class at any weight better then 4.99.
                        web site doesn't come up for me so I can't see the rules but at the meeting it was 3300lbs for a gt4788 with a 47 wheel. (This turbo doesn't make enough steam to do shit) In fact the 5580 that is on that ultra car makes more power then the 4788. period. So according to the rules you can add 55 wheel to the 4788 which now makes it have more power then the ultra legal 5580, but u have to add 100lbs. So here are more facts.

No one here will run 4.90 or better with a big wheeled gt4788@3450lbs. Get out of here!! Now if an extra 50lbs were put on the that turbo it is not safe to race at 3500lbs. Give me a break. I have some buddies that want to race that do not have a problem weighing 3400lbs. I will help them as much as I can, but in all reality the turbo weight is a little steep.

Maybe the rules committee needs to take this into consideration:
                        We have a 80mm with a 55 wheel in it @ 3250 (Which is heavier then the record car)
                        We have a billet 76 @ 3050 (Not going to work in most combos, probably like a honda)
                        We have a gt4788 @ 3350 (would be smarter to go 80mm here because it makes more power and can weigh 100lbs less)
                        We have a gt4888 with a 55 wheel in it @ a whooping 3450lbs
                        So we are saying that the 88 over the 80 (all else being the same) is worth 200lbs. We should not be ok with that. 100rwhp is not worth 200lb hit, but you can't just throw out the 88 because not everyone can get their cars to weigh 3100lbs. If any of you think you are going to go out and rule the class with a turbo car, you are mistaken. Rules were set up for a N20BB.

60fts and parts will suffer @ 3400lbs. No doubt
                        should be an interesting season. Hope to actually see people racing in it. If you are slow in X275 now, you will be slow in sissy275 as well. Money wins heads up classes. John S might have more money in his motor then some racers have in their whole car. LOL
                        Last edited by Guess Who ?; 12-26-2013, 12:45 AM.
                        C. J. Peddy
                        02 35th camaro
                        10:1 solid roller 365LSX with a X27588
                        4.72@151
                        1.130 60ft so far

Special thanks to:
                        GMHP LSX block
                        Wiseco Pistons

Comment

Maybe it should be
                          3400 bad boy 88 (in reality this is not a bad boy 88, only in the sissy class)
                          3300 bad boy 80
                          3050 bad boy 76

Remember rule committee guys. You will have to inspect all these turbos. Some one will have to measure the exhaust wheel and the inlet diameter. Cant let some one come in with a 55 wheeled 88 @ 3350, and the same for the 55 wheeled 80 @ 3150. This would be exactly what the record car has on it but with 50lbs off.
                          C. J. Peddy
                          02 35th camaro
                          4.72@151
                          1.130 60ft so far

Special thanks to:
                          GMHP LSX block
                          Wiseco Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                            Let's discuss your turbo combo...... what type of turbo will you use? (I assume when you say blown, you mean turbo)
                            Probably go Procharger F1C

JS
                            sigpic

Comment

Like you said in the meeting, CJ, that turbo was only let in to let the really heavy cars have an option. You can not change the wheel on a gt4788 for the class. It has to be a gt47 old style compressor and turbine wheel deal. We will make sure to clarify that in the rules better.

You can only change the turbine wheels on the 76 and 80mm turbo but that has to be done at a manufacturer and we know the very short list of companies that will do those turbos.

I can assure you that measuring these has already been discussed and luckily for everyone a dealer for pretty much every turbo company out there is going to help with the tech of these deals.

If anyone legitimately has questions over your turbo please call either me at 903-870-8109 or any of the rules people including Cedric, Derek, or Unc.

Jose, Reed, Bill, and Harry know what we are trying to do with the class and know the et goals. So please don't ask them about how to cheat these rules again for the two people that have already called. Thank you.
                              903-870-8109

Thank you:
                              2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
                              Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
                              Jimmy Patton for the pit help
                              Chris Fowler for the motor work
                              TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
                              NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
                              Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
                              Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
                              Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

Originally posted by bigminz View Post
                                Like you said in the meeting, CJ, that turbo was only let in to let the really heavy cars have an option. You can not change the wheel on a gt4788 for the class. It has to be a gt47 old style compressor and turbine wheel deal. We will make sure to clarify that in the rules better.

You can only change the turbine wheels on the 76 and 80mm turbo but that has to be done at a manufacturer and we know the very short list of companies that will do those turbos.

I can assure you that measuring these has already been discussed and luckily for everyone a dealer for pretty much every turbo company out there is going to help with the tech of these deals.

If anyone legitimately has questions over your turbo please call either me at 903-870-8109 or any of the rules people including Cedric, Derek, or Unc.

Jose, Reed, Bill, and Harry know what we are trying to do with the class and know the et goals. So please don't ask them about how to cheat these rules again for the two people that have already called. Thank you.
                                Sounds like you guys are on top of it. Good to hear that. Is it my computer or what that doesn't allow me to see the website. I have tried from several different places???? So what you are saying is that no 55 wheel turbo will be allowed? If you are saying that, you probably need to adjust the rules. Is the turbo that is on the fastest ultra street car allowed in this class? GT4788 is a weak ass turbo compared to 36 pill on a nice motor. Remember a bigger, badder motor in a turbo car doesn't matter when you have a 4788 pushing it. You can make a BB make a damn good amount of power and then add 400+ more of bottle to it.

I am sure that you guys will get it figured out. I am not trying to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but I don't want my friends to get cheated when they come out with a true gt4788 and the guy next to him has a modded 80 or 88. I am not going to race in the class until the supra motor is finished. Then you guys will see what a turbo can do under way better efficiency ranges.
                                C. J. Peddy
                                02 35th camaro
                                4.72@151
                                1.130 60ft so far

Special thanks to:
                                GMHP LSX block
                                Wiseco Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X