Final TeX275 Rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guess Who ? View Post
    Sounds like you guys are on top of it. Good to hear that. Is it my computer or what that doesn't allow me to see the website. I have tried from several different places???? So what you are saying is that no 55 wheel turbo will be allowed? If you are saying that, you probably need to adjust the rules. Is the turbo that is on the fastest ultra street car allowed in this class? GT4788 is a weak ass turbo compared to 36 pill on a nice motor. Remember a bigger, badder motor in a turbo car doesn't matter when you have a 4788 pushing it. You can make a BB make a damn good amount of power and then add 400+ more of bottle to it.

I am sure that you guys will get it figured out. I am not trying to stick my nose where it doesn't belong, but I don't want my friends to get cheated when they come out with a true gt4788 and the guy next to him has a modded 80 or 88. I am not going to race in the class until the supra motor is finished. Then you guys will see what a turbo can do under way better efficiency ranges.
    Please read what I said. A 55 wheel is allowed on the 76 & 80. Not on a 88.

Bring out whatever combo you think can compete as long as you come out. I have already had long discussions about the turbo and small block nitrous rules. The best thing to do is to come out an prove us wrong.
    Last edited by bigminz; 12-26-2013, 12:07 PM.
    903-870-8109

Thank you:
    2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
    Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
    Jimmy Patton for the pit help
    Chris Fowler for the motor work
    TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
    NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
    Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
    Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
    Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

Just so I'm clear, I can have Jose at Forced Inductions build me a Garrett GT55-80 turbo with a cast wheel, only have to weigh 3250, and come race the limited class?

Comment

No.

Yes.

Maybe.
        Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
          No.

Yes.

Maybe.
          HAHA seems about right.

Comment

No pun inteneded, just trying to ease the atmosphere. Lots of testosterone being elevated.
            Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

I'm glad I'm not on the rules committee. Them poor guys are taking a pounding. I'm sure they will get it figured out. There is still plenty of time till the start of the season but yes I do agree, the BBC pill vs turbo limitations seems to favor a BBC nitrous now. Just my opinion.
              2004 Cobra
              www.boostedgt.com
              www.teamzmotorsports.net

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
                I'm glad I'm not on the rules committee. Them poor guys are taking a pounding. I'm sure they will get it figured out. There is still plenty of time till the start of the season but yes I do agree, the BBC pill vs turbo limitations seems to favor a BBC nitrous now. Just my opinion.
                BBC Nitrous is favored????????

That my friend, is blasphemy!!

***blas·phe·my noun \ˈblas-fə-mē\

: great disrespect shown to God or to something holy

: something said or done that is disrespectful to God or to something holy***

The BBC is something holy.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                  Just so I'm clear, I can have Jose at Forced Inductions build me a Garrett GT55-80 turbo with a cast wheel, only have to weigh 3250, and come race the limited class?
                  or you can just call me and get the same one and keep the money local. Feel free to ask Jose.
                  903-870-8109

Thank you:

Comment

TURBOCHARGERS:
                    Single turbocharger limited to GT47/S400(mid frame) chassis only. All turbochargers must be manufactured from factory. The legal turbochargers are 76mm and 80mm mid-frames with the weights listed below. Also, the 88mm allowed will be limited to the Old School Style GT4718 non R or T. The S488 will be allowed with a max of 87/96mm turbine wheel. Turbochargers w/nitrous-oxide prohibited.
                    No hybrid turbochargers. All turbochargers must have a model and serial number. All turbochargers will have the compressor and turbine covers removed for tech inspection.

Inline valve head only.

TURBO WEIGHTS:
                    76 mm – 3100 lbs.
                    76 mm – 3150 lbs. billet
                    80 mm – 3150 lbs.
                    GT55-80 mm – 3250 lbs.
                    GT4718 – 3400 lbs.
                    S488 – 3400 lbs

No Billet wheels on 80mm or 88mm turbo combinations. No Reducers on turbo or supercharged combinations. All turbochargers (mid frame only) and superchargers must be as manufactured from factory.

* Non-Intercooled boosted cars on gasoline: deduct 50 lbs.

Is this easier to understand? It was not supposed to be difficult to decipher.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                    Last edited by bigminz; 12-26-2013, 09:38 PM.
                    903-870-8109

Thank you:

Comment

Originally posted by bigminz View Post
                      or you can just call me and get the same one and keep the money local. Feel free to ask Jose.
                      I didn't know you sold turbos. How much is a GT55-80 cast wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                        I didn't know you sold turbos. How much is a GT55-80 cast wheel?
                        I will pm you.
                        903-870-8109

Thank you:

Comment

Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
                          I see it in this order.
                          1) BBNOS
                          2) F1c
                          3) gt5580

Should all be close but the nitrous cars have a lot more data.
                          903-870-8109

Thank you:

Comment

To all that say this is favored towards BBC will you please explain. I see it being pretty even so far off old passes these being on a .036 pill bbc 5.0xx, sbf nitrous 5.0xx, sbc nitrous 5.0xx. So how is that favored towards BBC. Yes it's the turbo guys saying it's not even but yet the same turbo allowed in limited class has been 4.9xxx can the nitrous cars get into the 4.9xx range yes I think so. Are the rules 100% perfect no. So to the turbo guys wanting to run the limited class what should we do allow y'all in at about 3000lbs? Will that make it far to y'all or will you need more weight off then, or should we put nitrous cars on a .028 pill? Just trying to figure out what should go on since we are unfair on the turbo rules.

Comment

Originally posted by 582nova View Post
                              To all that say this is favored towards BBC will you please explain. I see it being pretty even so far off old passes these being on a .036 pill bbc 5.0xx, sbf nitrous 5.0xx, sbc nitrous 5.0xx. So how is that favored towards BBC. Yes it's the turbo guys saying it's not even but yet the same turbo allowed in limited class has been 4.9xxx can the nitrous cars get into the 4.9xx range yes I think so. Are the rules 100% perfect no. So to the turbo guys wanting to run the limited class what should we do allow y'all in at about 3000lbs? Will that make it far to y'all or will you need more weight off then, or should we put nitrous cars on a .028 pill? Just trying to figure out what should go on since we are unfair on the turbo rules.
                              Derek, settle down man. Most of us are just trying to give you and John hell at this point. It's all fun, no reason to show anger. Hell, the combination with the most potential is the F1c. It's been in the 90's at 3300lbs two years ago.
                              Last edited by bigminz; 12-26-2013, 10:26 PM.
                              903-870-8109

Thank you:

Comment

Originally posted by 582nova View Post
                                I think the rules are doable for the time being with the exception of the 3400 lbs on the GT4788. I think that's an insane amount of weight for that turbo. I feel at 3250 that turbo can go 4.90's-5.00. At that weight, you're looking at 5.10-5.20's.

I am still running the S480 regardless, so I have no dog in the previous mentioned statement.

I will be lucky to run 5.20's as I sit.

What I don't want to see is one car running .80's a couple cars running .90's and then the rest running .10's-40's. That would suck.

Comment

Working...
                                X