Wheel / Tire size for slicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel / Tire size for slicks

I have a 2008 GT500 would like to run slicks on the rear at the track. Does anyone know what wheel width / offset & tire size in a 15 inch wheel works best? Stock height Thanks for any help.

I think stock height on that is about 27".

You can use the MT 27x10.50-15 ET Street. P/N 3758. Custom ordered Bogarts are the best drag wheel. Don't know the correct b/s and offset numbers though. Avoid any wheel that isn't direct drilled and an exact fit. Nothing but problems.

Comment

Originally posted by speederdude View Post
      I think stock height on that is about 27".

You can use the MT 27x10.50-15 ET Street. P/N 3758. Custom ordered Bogarts are the best drag wheel. Don't know the correct b/s and offset numbers though. Avoid any wheel that isn't direct drilled and an exact fit. Nothing but problems.
      Thanks for the help. As far as slicks I am looking for true racing slicks though no street style.

Comment

Would a run of the mill 15" rim clear the rear disc brakes?

Comment

15x10's need about 7.5" of back spacing to fit on new Stangs. They will clear just fine as long as you use a sway bar relocation kit, or lose the sway bar completely.

15x8's clear with about 5.5" to 6" of backspacing and do not need the sway bar relo brackets.

Comment

If you're interested, I've got a pair of 15x10 and 17x4 Racestars for S197 Mustang. These are the older, non "direct drill" versions which is a weird way of saying they are unilug. I have all the lugs and washers needed. And as stated, you will need to relocate the rear sway bar, which I also have the parts to do. I've got a pair of old 28x10 M/T ET Drags on the rears but no front tires. I would let them go cheap, I really don't want them for anything anymore.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
            X