Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took my bone stock 2014 GT Auto to the track...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took my bone stock 2014 GT Auto to the track...

I just took my bone stock down to the mufflers, tires, and paper air filter 2014 Mustang GT Automatic to the track Friday night. Made 5 passes with the radio blaring. Best of the night 2.0x sixty, 13.05@109.8 mph, worst of the night, 2.1x sixty, 13.13@108.9 hot lapping.

I have a race car, so I don't intend to do much if anything to my daily driver, but I had to take it and figure out if all the rumors were true about them running anywhere from 12.80s to 13.30s in showroom condition. The ET was OK, but to me pulling 109.8 mph is crazy for a bone stock mustang. Do you realize what it took to get our old fox mustangs running that fast with just 302 cubic inches? At 109 mph I figure I could hang with most mid 12 second cars on the street.

I may eventually get a different set of rims/tires for track use and any street racing I would do, but I like the car quiet, I think I'll call it "Silent but deadly" LOL.

Of the 5 passes, 4 of them were against other Coyote mustangs, most of them were six speeds and the guys couldn't drive for $hit. Every one of them blew the tires off at the line and were getting sideways. The only car that beat me that night was a newer model Camaro that was loud as hell and camming its a$$ off.
    Carl S.
    2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
    80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
    9.32@128 pedaling it half track
    sigpic

Do you know your 1/8th mile times and mph?
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

I got some new times in mine last weekend....6.77@108.5 in the 1/8th with the help of some forced induction.....

Comment

8.5x@85 mph to the 1/8 mile. Again this is bone stock and factory 19" wheels/tires.

The only things I did were remove the spare tire and jack and was running just over 1/4 tank of 93 Chevron on it.
        I dropped rear tires down to 19 psi and the best pass was launching around 1200-1400 against the footbrake. It would spin if I tried to footbrake any higher.
        No big burnout, drove around the water box and just barely spun them over to clean off any residue.
        Carl S.
        2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
        80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
        9.32@128 pedaling it half track
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by White90GT View Post
          I just took my bone stock down to the mufflers, tires, and paper air filter 2014 Mustang GT Automatic to the track Friday night. Made 5 passes with the radio blaring. Best of the night 2.0x sixty, 13.05@109.8 mph, worst of the night, 2.1x sixty, 13.13@108.9 hot lapping.

I have a race car, so I don't intend to do much if anything to my daily driver, but I had to take it and figure out if all the rumors were true about them running anywhere from 12.80s to 13.30s in showroom condition. The ET was OK, but to me pulling 109.8 mph is crazy for a bone stock mustang. Do you realize what it took to get our old fox mustangs running that fast with just 302 cubic inches? At 109 mph I figure I could hang with most mid 12 second cars on the street.

I may eventually get a different set of rims/tires for track use and any street racing I would do, but I like the car quiet, I think I'll call it "Silent but deadly" LOL.

Of the 5 passes, 4 of them were against other Coyote mustangs, most of them were six speeds and the guys couldn't drive for $hit. Every one of them blew the tires off at the line and were getting sideways. The only car that beat me that night was a newer model Camaro that was loud as hell and camming its a$$ off.
          Yes to your question, I had an edel intake, edel heads, f cam, and full exhaust with 3.73s and radial /tas... ran 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.2 60. lol never got to run it on drag radials but it was a LOT faster on the street... tore ass on a few low 12 second cars on slicks at the races. congrats on the passes. u should be in the 12s when it cools down.

Comment

Working...
          X