racing seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• racing seats

Anyone know a place that sells fixed back seats I could sit in before I buy here in dfw area? Probably going to go with Corbeau FX1. I'm intrigued by the Kirkey seats but they look like they could also be super uncomfortable.

XBL Tag = veight7

Are you driving it on the street?

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
      Are you driving it on the street?
      Rarely, it will have a 10 point cage in it once I find a seat

XBL Tag = veight7

Comment

Well i can tell you this, my kirkey, not very comfy.

Comment

My Kirkey is much more comfortable than the old plastic Summit/RCI style seat. Obviously the Kirkey needs to have a padded cover on it, but if you fab up the mount at the right angle for your comfort, it is just fine. Now if I were going to take the car on a long trip like drag week or something I would want something more comfortable, but for drag use and maybe occasionally around town, my Kirkey is just fine.
          Carl S.
          2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
          80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
          9.32@128 pedaling it half track
          sigpic

Comment

We've been through several different types in the road race cars, and after a 2 hour stint, anything but a kirkey.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by White90GT View Post
              My Kirkey is much more comfortable than the old plastic Summit/RCI style seat. Obviously the Kirkey needs to have a padded cover on it, but if you fab up the mount at the right angle for your comfort, it is just fine. Now if I were going to take the car on a long trip like drag week or something I would want something more comfortable, but for drag use and maybe occasionally around town, my Kirkey is just fine.
              True, i had the plastic on le before i got the kirkey. Yea it was pretty r rough .

Comment

Performance Speedtech at MSR Cresson usually has a few seats in the showroom for testing. Beyond that, you are up the creek.

You can also go out to Tyler and see the folks at Ultrashield. They have some in their showroom AND can custom fit you for one.

You might also try Smiley's over in Mesquite. most of those are aluminum fixed seats as well. If you are only driving it once a month or at the track, an aluminum seat is fine. You can add padding under the cover as needed. I have spent a lot of time in FIA type seats and my custom ultrashield. I prefer my custom but did add some padding with Neoprene foam sheets or folded carpet under the butt. What can I say, I am cheap.

Comment

Cool thanks for the info guys. Probably should have mentioned the car will spend more time at NASA TT and track day events than the street or drag strip.

XBL Tag = veight7

Comment

I THOUGHT that Smileys in Mesquite had some you could try out but that was a while ago.

Aggie97 is correct about Speedtech.

Comment

Corbeau all the way.

Comment

Find somebody that has them. Maybe a car on Craigslist. Go to a car show and ask to try em out.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Yup try a few before you buy. Back in the day all the ricer shops carried some in the display room. Mainly sparcos and corberuo or however thr fuck you spell it.

Comment

I had the aluminum and used thick carpet pad under the cover. 2 layers in some places to make it more comfortable.

Comment

If NASA and then time trials..remember FIA seats expire every 5 years. Aluminum seats bolted to floor and braced to cage last forever....

Comment

Working...
                              X