No announcement yet.

Denton tonight(5/12)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, sounds like flywheel cant handle power especially with new gears..its trying to play catch up...I ended up going with a C4 because of the same problem...could never get times under 7.5's with a 5 speed...dropped over half a second with a C4 and stall in my 97 4v in the 8th.
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
      Do you plan to keep it a stick shift car? Seems like you race more than most of us and surely you could do a trans swap and drop a full second.

Yea
      Will stay 5spd. Like rowing dem gears. Ha

Trust me, I don't race much at all right now.
      Dont want race car. Just fun car i can drive and tKe to track w/out swapping anything.

Comment

looking at around 500 for new flywheel and new hydraulic throwout bearing.

Thinking of trying to do it myself, but haven't decided if I want to take it back to Noah.

Comment

So Rafa, new flywheel going to be installed by this sunday
          17' Coyote | MGW | BMR | STEEDA | STAINLESS WORKS | E85 TUNED |

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.281ci View Post
            So Rafa, new flywheel going to be installed by this sunday
            LOL
            Not anytime soon. Afraid to see if flywheel messed up the clutch. I doubt it, but till i take it, won't know. I might jack everything up on blocks and attempt to do it myself. But that won't be till later. Like what was said above, I think flywheel just got hot. When I left and on way home, not one issue. Everything grabbed like nothing ever happened.

Comment

Ya it sounds like it just got hot. I might be going this Sunday.. not 100% on it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              17' Coyote | MGW | BMR | STEEDA | STAINLESS WORKS | E85 TUNED |

Comment

Car is looking good! What tires are you running?

S197s can suffer from the clutch fluid overheating. I've seen this used as a way to address it:

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Thanks man

305 Nittos 555's

Plan on going to 315's later

That's a long read but interesting. Thanks for link

Comment

Same tires I'm running

I haven't beaten on the car in a while, let me know if you go to the track again. I'll try to run some 7.9s with ya

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      I'll try to run some 7.9s with ya.
                      Its a tarp, haha!
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

No trap, I still haven't done anything to it. I keep thinking I'll spend the coin on a Cobra Jet intake and some headers, but then I say to hell with it...

Comment

Will be awhile now
                          Need to save up for new clutch/flywheel and hydro pilot bearing

With this new setup, I should hit 7.6

My best was 7.7 w/4.30's

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                            No trap, I still haven't done anything to it. I keep thinking I'll spend the coin on a Cobra Jet intake and some headers, but then I say to hell with it...
                            I waited until the warranty was up, but I am very happy with the BOSS intake, Steeda CAI and Steeda tune. Only other MOD is a Cobra axle back set of mufflers. I'm saving for an aluminum DS and then maybe Koni stuts and shocks.
                            It feels pretty fast with just these MODS, probably a high 12's as it sits.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              I waited until the warranty was up, but I am very happy with the BOSS intake, Steeda CAI and Steeda tune. Only other MOD is a Cobra axle back set of mufflers. I'm saving for an aluminum DS and then maybe Koni stuts and shocks.
                              It feels pretty fast with just these MODS, probably a high 12's as it sits.

Shit, I ran a 12.9 at the concrete palace in mine before going boosted

booooosh

300/330 at the wheels.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X