Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would it take for a '03/'04 Cobra to take down a stock ZR1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VETTKLR View Post
    LOL Aren't they all.
    It's a ZR1 and it's bone stock. I bought it primarily for track days (Motorsport Ranch, TWS, etc.). There are much faster straight-line cars, certainly with mods, but I'm happy with the overall stock performance envelope of the car with the brakes, suspension, wheels/tires, LS9, etc.

I was going to run ZR1LOL for shits and giggles, but I'm thinking he has the power to take me down. I guess we'll see in the next several weeks if we can meet up.
    Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
      It's a ZR1 and it's bone stock. I bought it primarily for track days (Motorsport Ranch, TWS, etc.). There are much faster straight-line cars, certainly with mods, but I'm happy with the overall stock performance envelope of the car with the brakes, suspension, wheels/tires, LS9, etc.

I was going to run ZR1LOL for shits and giggles, but I'm thinking he has the power to take me down. I guess we'll see in the next several weeks if we can meet up.
      A ZR1 is a badass car for sure! I'd like to race one just for the hell of it.

Comment

It's a ZR1 and it's bone stock. I bought it primarily for track days (Motorsport Ranch, TWS, etc.).
        You were looking for a track car in the $100K range and you bought a Corvette?
        What was the criterion you used? Not being critical, genuinely curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlhay2 View Post
          uh oh.. ronnies here to lynch the vette owner
          2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnc View Post
            A ZR1 is a badass car for sure! I'd like to race one just for the hell of it.
            bully
            2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
              bully
              He has bigger turbos than me! I have baby 61mm's and they aren't even ball bearing.

Comment

He has bigger turbos than me! I have baby 61mm's and they aren't even ball bearing.
                who does? vettekillr?? i thought you were trying to race the STOCK zr1
                2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

who does? vettekillr?? i thought you were trying to race the STOCK zr1
                  Id like to race one just to say I did. haha

Comment

Id like to race one just to say I did. haha
                    Like i said.. Bully
                    2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

Originally posted by Rlhay2 View Post
                      I like Corvettes and this is my 3rd one. I got my first one at 23 and I'm 34 now, so I'm a big fan. The only other better new track cars are the ACR Viper and the GT3 RS Porsche in a similar price range. I liked the Vette overall and got a good deal on it as it was a new leftover '10 model. It is a good car to cruise around town; rides good, quiet at part throttle, etc. But, switch to sport mode and nail the gas and it's pretty exciting. It's better dual natured than the RS and ACR.

When I meant I bought the car primarily for track days, that means 4-5 track weekends a year and weekend cruiser the rest of the year. I'm not much of a drag racer, so that is what I meant by doing track days. If I wanted a drag race only car, there are much better options at lower price points.

I'll run whoever time and safe conditions permitting for fun. The car is quick, but I am well aware there are a large number of faster cars in the metroplex. I enjoy driving it, so that's all I care about at the end of the day.
                      Ford
                      GM
                      Toyota
                      VAG

Comment

The car is quick, but I am well aware there are a large number of faster cars in the metroplex. I enjoy driving it, so that's all I care about at the end of the day.
                        There is a much larger number of slower "performance" cars. Enjoying it is really all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                          There is a much larger number of slower "performance" cars. Enjoying it is really all that matters.
                          I don't care what anyone says but a ZR1 is a badass car. I'd be happy with a LS3 c6 too.

Comment

I don't care what anyone says but a ZR1 is a badass car. I'd be happy with a LS3 c6 too.
                            that's what i got.. not all of us are baller enough for zr1s we have to get lowly coupes.
                            2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

that's what i got.. not all of us are baller enough for zr1s we have to get lowly coupes.
                              Why are you sandbagging with your horsepower numbers? I know you make 490!!!! hahaha secret is out!

Comment

John do you think having ball bearing turbo's would really make much more power then what you are currently making? I kinda doubt it.

I only make 500rwhp so what ZR1 wants to race? I down, I'll be at dale tomorrow.
                                03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                                "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

Working...
                                X