No announcement yet.

MSR-C HPDE March 17th/18th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, that's cheaper than I thought, even with the membership fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
      Wow, that's cheaper than I thought, even with the membership fee.
      yea, i want to do HPDE-1. they have a sat&sun ($299), sat ($199), or just sun($169).

i'm tempted to just do sunday but not sure that will be enough.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
        yea, i want to do HPDE-1. they have a sat&sun ($299), sat ($199), or just sun($169).

i'm tempted to just do sunday but not sure that will be enough.
        Same here on both accounts. Corporate filing deadline is the 15th, so that Saturday should be the first one I have off during tax season, but I've got no clue so I'm a little tentative on committing to both days.

Aggie97 or other people familiar with the NASA HPDEs: do they rent helmets out there? I've got a DOT approved helmet, but nothing Snell-rated.

Comment

I am going Sunday, cheaper, and supposedly more seat time.
          Plus my car may blow up, so I'd hate to pay for 2 days in advance.
          I may try to work on Sat to get familiar with MSR-C
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            I'm blessed with a wife with a car that should be faster than mine! LOL!
            I hadn't heard. And seriously, congrats! I'd say you've paid your dues!
            Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Sunday only is usually reserved for HPDE 3 or 4 only. If you are a true green student, you miss out on a TON of info if you miss saturday...and you are likely to be hunting for an instructor.

If you plan on doing Sunday only, contact info@nasatx.com and ask if you can do sunday only for HPDE 1/2. I know we don't allow it in our school.

also, don't be afraid of the membership fee for the year. You get a 1yr subscription to Grassroots Motorsports magazine which is a great magazine.

If you guys have any questions about what to expect or car prep...feel free to send me a PM or ask it here. I will try my best to answer it or get you in touch with the right person.

Comment

Wife's race car! ST1 camaro that is about to panted Panther Pink. I'm blessed with a wife with a car that should be faster than mine! LOL!
                Awesome... sounds like a keeper,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  Same here on both accounts. Corporate filing deadline is the 15th, so that Saturday should be the first one I have off during tax season, but I've got no clue so I'm a little tentative on committing to both days.

Aggie97 or other people familiar with the NASA HPDEs: do they rent helmets out there? I've got a DOT approved helmet, but nothing Snell-rated.
                  Per NASA rules and regs, 11.3.1 - Required Safety Equipment - Driver "Use a proper fitting helmet that meets Snell 1990 (SA1990; M1990) or newer (or equivalent) standards for cars or motorcycles.

MSR-C normally rents helmets during an Apex or Driver's Edge HPDE. Not sure on a NASA event. If this is something you are looking at doing regularly, I would go buy a decent helmet. The new rating is SA2010. You can get a decent helmet without breaking the bank. Plus, you won't have to wear a "head condom".

An SA rated helmet will cover you on most, if not all club's HPDE events. At least that has been my experience anyway.

Aggie97 may have some more insight on this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
                    Aggie97 may have some more insight on this as well.
                    You won't likely make it through tech with an M rated helmet. for some reason I remember that being a problem in the past...and most events want the SA rating as it will have a nomex lining.

As for renting a brain bucket....i'd personally spend the $149 and buy a new one from saferacer.com or ogracing.com. Keep in mind that helmet has been worn by and sweated in by 100's of people before you. If you are in a pinch, bring a head sock and some fabreeze or helmet disinfectant before you put it on. You might still find some close out deals on SA 2005 helmets since the 2010's hit last year. I got a $400 SA2005 on closeout from Bell for $179 to my door.

Comment

You won't likely make it through tech with an M rated helmet. for some reason I remember that being a problem in the past...and most events want the SA rating as it will have a nomex lining.

As for renting a brain bucket....i'd personally spend the $149 and buy a new one from saferacer.com or ogracing.com. Keep in mind that helmet has been worn by and sweated in by 100's of people before you. If you are in a pinch, bring a head sock and some fabreeze or helmet disinfectant before you put it on. You might still find some close out deals on SA 2005 helmets since the 2010's hit last year. I got a $400 SA2005 on closeout from Bell for $179 to my door.
                      Thanks for the input.

Comment

Sunday only is usually reserved for HPDE 3 or 4 only. If you are a true green student, you miss out on a TON of info if you miss saturday...and you are likely to be hunting for an instructor.

If you plan on doing Sunday only, contact info@nasatx.com and ask if you can do sunday only for HPDE 1/2. I know we don't allow it in our school.

also, don't be afraid of the membership fee for the year. You get a 1yr subscription to Grassroots Motorsports magazine which is a great magazine.

If you guys have any questions about what to expect or car prep...feel free to send me a PM or ask it here. I will try my best to answer it or get you in touch with the right person.
                        Thanks for the info, it seemed pretty easy to register for HPDE1 on Sunday, not sure why if it's not going to work out well. I am thinking about trying to work on Saturday so I can be out there and experience the Saturday activities. I am not true green, I think I am prob HPDE3 level but I have never been to a NASA event so I can't just start off there, plus I would like to get used to MSRC before I go out with the more advanced group, and learn the rules for the event.
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Roll Call, anyone else going to this?

Comment

unfortunately i wont make it to this one. i really want to but im in the middle of doing installing parts and tuning the car.
                            www.hppmotorsports.com
                            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Out. Had some family stuff come up. Will have to make it next round

Comment

Working...
                              X