Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• importance of safety equipment....

and it being properly installed....

crash from another region this weekend. NSFW with language in linked video.

For those of you in this forum building cars, please be sure to take safety seriously. V8 road racing cars can generate a lot of speed and a TON of energy at impact. I'd question why there weren't more "quads" of tires at that impact area especially with such high speeds there. Being aware of things off the edges of the track is a very important part of track driving. I had a fellow competitor this weekend go off on the outside of T9 at TWS and was headed for a berm that would have launched his car about 15' in the air. He never knew it was there till he nearly hit it. Warm up and cool down laps are GREAT for taking the time to learn what is just off the racing surface and other impact zones....like bailing right at T2 at hallett instead of going straight off into the trees!

anyway, ya'll be safe and smart!

Holly SHIT!! Good advice!
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

view from car behind....pays to know when to lift!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
        https://vimeo.com/41460840

good find!
        Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
        Baja-Bob.com

Comment

WOW......time to go check the date on the belts!

Good advice on always looking for bail out sections to point the car to.

(still finding gravel from MSRH under the car.)
          Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

https://vimeo.com/41460840

Looks like he was screwed from quite far back..... So many off track stories end with "DO NOT GO BACK ON TRACK AT SPEED ONCE YOU ARE OFF! YOU ARE OFF!!"

<-- experience w/ that. Glad I stayed off! Scary shit, no doubt!
            There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
              Looks like he was screwed from quite far back..... So many off track stories end with "DO NOT GO BACK ON TRACK AT SPEED ONCE YOU ARE OFF! YOU ARE OFF!!"

<-- experience w/ that. Glad I stayed off! Scary shit, no doubt!
              I have this conversation with my wife all the time about guys who CONSISTANTLY go off track. I realize there are mechanical failures that cause offs. I have had my share. But for the life of me, I can only remember two times in my 8 years of track driving that I have put a tire off the pavement. I also realize that sometimes you have to drive on the edge....but you have been there and know how not to go over it. It's an issue of self preservation!!!

So, I come back to how do you drive a fucking car off the pavement...more than once???!!! How do you run out of talent??? Seriously! I have driven my share of good cars and shitty cars and I find it hard to believe I could drive a car off track...even intentionally.

so my wife's simple answer is "they are dumbasses that don't know any better." THAT is a very scary thought that they have received comp licenses.....and probably the reason the judges at a lemons event are worn out by the end of a weekend! LOL!

Comment

Mine was rather straight forward, and, I actually documented it on Corner-Carvers. Sure, it's a bit self serving but it was the last time I was off. (Granted, I have no where near the seat time as some.)

Comment

Been offroading three times and learned from each of them.

1st-Passing a slower car and not leaving enough room to make the turn up the hill at TWS on the back straight. I was a record player at 80mph.

2nd-tried to take an S turn really wide at MSRH and got into the rubber bits on the rumble strip. Sent me through the grass. Though I landed on the other side without a black flag I learned to stay in the well traveled parts.

3rd-only had 1st and 5th gear at Lemons MSRH and wanted to make laps to stay in top 10. 5th gear is pretty boring so I started playing with how much speed I could carry in and out of a turn. I found out.

I guess what I'm saying if you do fubar then figure out if driver or car....most of time it seems like its driver.
                  Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

I've only had two wheels off once, and that was due to another driver doing something stupidthat I had to maker the choice to serve off it hit him.

And i'm not a good driver
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Quick follow up with pictures. The guy walked away without any issues....

Comment

Wow, thanks for the update. I wonder how much that halo seat saved his head and neck.
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

just got this pic from an event in Kali this weekend.... Go BIG or go home!

Apparently left the track at 130mph, soared 12' in the air, tumbled and hit a wall with the roof. Driver walked away.

Comment

first thing that popped into my head...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRX4mlFi06A[/ame]

Comment

just got this pic from an event in Kali this weekend.... Go BIG or go home!

Apparently left the track at 130mph, soared 12' in the air, tumbled and hit a wall with the roof. Driver walked away.
                              On board video from this. Looks like he didn't slow down at all before hitting the berm.

Comment

Working...
                              X