No announcement yet.

Just spent $850 on a DE :-/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mach1.....are you the yellow miata that guy mentions? lol (comment by ytdfinke23)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkNZSR8d4UM&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkNZSR8d4UM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
    Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
      Mach1.....are you the yellow miata that guy mentions? lol (comment by ytdfinke23)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkNZS...layer_embedded
      Lol, I spit out my drink when he grabbed the a pillar when it started going sideways on him, watch my vid and you can be the judge on if that comment was for me
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
        It's a big question mark what COTA plans to do in 2014 with DE type events. Based on the TDE event, they would probably do it again, but MVP was a relative mess with 3 wrecks, a car trailing over 150' of oil around the paddock, etc. So, I guess we will all see what they plan to do.
        Those things are nearly impossible to prevent at any track event. If they think they can control it, they are showing they have no idea what a track event that ISN'T F1 is going to bring. Wait till Grand AM, Rolex and SCCA tear the shit out of that surface as cars blow up, drag stuff and take chunks out of the surface!!! LOL!

Barber is the same way about their surface in the paddock. God forbid should a race car leak a little!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
          Yeah, I saw a post you made about that on corvette forums, not sure what MVP could have done about the wrecks since that was on the Driver, the radical with the leaking oil was in the paddock right next to me, they were having more problems than I was. I think the drivers edge event could have gone down the same way, what are your thoughts?
          I admit there was an element of luck with how well TDE went, BUT, and it's a big BUT, the TDE guys only allowed personally known drivers to run with them, so Rick and his crew knew every single one of the guy's on track. Also, Rick has a funny, yet firm/serious, way of telling drivers to behave and the drivers actually listen. I think the driver wrecks were because MVP let a bunch of yahoos on track as evidenced by that GT2 video running in their 'advanced' group. That was ridiculous. I heard several other stories just like that. Rick would yank drivers off the track if multiple reports came back to him about a jackass on track.

On car break-downs and fluid dumps, not much can be done about that. A buddy broke a serpentine belt on his Z06, but it was an absolutely bone stock 3,500 mile Z06, so that was a freak occurance. A few other minor car breakdowns on track and TDE was a complete success.
          Ford
          GM
          Toyota
          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            Those things are nearly impossible to prevent at any track event. If they think they can control it, they are showing they have no idea what a track event that ISN'T F1 is going to bring. Wait till Grand AM, Rolex and SCCA tear the shit out of that surface as cars blow up, drag stuff and take chunks out of the surface!!! LOL!

Barber is the same way about their surface in the paddock. God forbid should a race car leak a little!!! LOL!
            Apparently word is that the management crew at COTA is largely comprised of individuals who were previously hotshots with bigtime horse racing venues.

Needless to say, they don't have a fucking clue what they're doing, as evidenced by how they're promoting races and expect these DE events/non-F1 events to go. They had a lot of experienced hands holding their hands through the F1 race; it's going to be interesting to see them navigate the other 90% of the race year without that.

Comment

I ran the MVP event as well. I was in the Advanced Blue Group - and we had more red flags than I event want to remember.

This was odd - I got a cold call today from the COTA track trying to sell me tickets to events because "I'm obviously a racing fan". They must be hurting for business in the stands.

If they haven't written off amateur events yet, just wait until the SCCA Majors event there.

Comment

Working...
              X