No announcement yet.

lap timers & data acquisition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As some more info for data systems, here is an in-car with overlay from a session where I had my wife riding right seat to show her some tips. We ended up doing 6 sessions swapping back and forth for some coaching. We then went back and had HD GoPro video and the Traqmate data. The software works pretty well but the video/overlay software somehow delays the audio. It can also be a chore figuring out how to align the start point for data and video, but once you figure it out, it's a pretty simple endeavor and will burn video at 1920x1400.

Anyway, here is a link to the youtube vid.

when the video ends, youtube shows some GSXR1000 videos with data...interesting comparison to a 3500lb car!

Comment

sweet, though i think your RPMs are off! your camaro sounds just as good as your old 2v setup did.

i tried using dashware to do this with my last trip to MSR-C 1.3 but harry's data was ~10mph off from what my obd2 logger was showing which matched my cluster.

my qstarz lt-q6000 showed up today. it's charging up now. going to update it then go play. the packaging is nice, the unit is nice looking. very light and compact.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
        sweet, though i think your RPMs are off! your camaro sounds just as good as your old 2v setup did.

i tried using dashware to do this with my last trip to MSR-C 1.3 but harry's data was ~10mph off from what my obd2 logger was showing which matched my cluster.

my qstarz lt-q6000 showed up today. it's charging up now. going to update it then go play. the packaging is nice, the unit is nice looking. very light and compact.
        Wife's Camaro! Not mine. It sounds better than my mustang no doubt...and just about anything that shows up at the track too! She loves it! I am a lucky man!

RPM pickup has 15 different settings in the software, I just have to figure out why it's about 1/2 what it should be and reprogram the input module. I plan on using it more this next season for the race car and also hope to get a portable setup that is better than the basic HLT setup we have now that we use in the street cars. All I get is lap times. The advanced HLT has not been released for android yet...?

Comment

just a quick thread necro.

i have the qstarz lt-q6000 unit. i like the portability of it. only used it once in my car at eagles canyon (tyler ran it as well).

i just stuck a velcro arm band to it and used it while karting at DKC about 4-5 times now.

overall the unit is good. accurate gps and lap times. the software is fine, gives good lap by lap comparison. pretty easy to get started on a new track or you can download existing track map from the site and load it to the device before hand.

the only thing i hate right now, the 3 axis accelerator on the unit is accurate but when it records with the lap data, it interpolates on the software which apparently leaves you with spikes, aka inaccurate g-forces. i wrote the company, they said they were hoping to update that in the future.

either way, i bought another data acquisition system. working with these guys to do something pretty cool. will post more info when i get the ball rolling.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

selling the qstarz if anyone wants it.

bought it for $400, $250 takes it.
            [ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006P0AGCG[/ame]
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006P0AGCG
              I'll let folks know about it at the track this weekend for you.

Comment

Sweet, thanks Matt! Where you at this weekend? TWS?

It's a good unit like new with everything for a good price. I would keep it but I have a MyChron on the kart and a Autosport labs race capture setup in the car now.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Sweet, thanks Matt! Where you at this weekend? TWS?

It's a good unit like new with everything for a good price. I would keep it but I have a MyChron on the kart and a Autosport labs race capture setup in the car now.
                  Yup. Picked up an e36 m3 on the cheap and may be playing with it.....as if I needed more projects.

Comment

lap timers & data acquisition

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                    Yup. Picked up an e36 m3 on the cheap and may be playing with it.....as if I needed more projects.

So you scooped that car up? Nice. Pics?

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006P0AGCG
                      Mo, if you don't find a buyer for it for 250, and need to move it, I'll give you 200
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                        So you scooped that car up? Nice. Pics?
                        check new thread coming....

Comment

Working...
                        X