Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
    How did the WRL race at MSR-H go?
    I thought it went well. No problems with Tech. Anything Joey saw that wasn't compliant with the rules he said just fix for the next race. There are some adjustments/learning curves with the classification but from my view everyone enjoyed the race.

Looking forward to racing with WRL at TWS in June
    Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Originally posted by Murph Tang View Post
      I thought it went well. No problems with Tech. Anything Joey saw that wasn't compliant with the rules he said just fix for the next race. There are some adjustments/learning curves with the classification but from my view everyone enjoyed the race.

Looking forward to racing with WRL at TWS in June
      We're contemplating it, not sure how classing will have to be for the mont. they are going with power (advertised oem?) and actual wieght. The Mont hasnt ever been on the scales, and we figure it is in the 2800-2900 area. The advertised mark is around 285. That puts us somewhere in the 1/10 area, so we'd have to be unlimited.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

We're contemplating it, not sure how classing will have to be for the mont. they are going with power (advertised oem?) and actual wieght. The Mont hasnt ever been on the scales, and we figure it is in the 2800-2900 area. The advertised mark is around 285. That puts us somewhere in the 1/10 area, so we'd have to be unlimited.
        It is OEM power when the car was built. You more than likely will be GP1

We are 3130lbs with 220hp. GP1.

I'm happy there is more racing going on which means more racing to pick from. Joey runs a fair race IMO.
        Murph

Comment

It is OEM power when the car was built. You more than likely will be GP1

We are 3130lbs with 220hp. GP1.

I'm happy there is more racing going on which means more racing to pick from. Joey runs a fair race IMO.
          motor swap. We have a 95 lincoln mark viii dohc 4.6.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

motor swap. We have a 95 lincoln mark viii dohc 4.6.
            Hmmm not sure.

I'd email joey to see what he says.

info@worldracingleague.org
            Murph

Comment

Hmmm not sure.

I'd email joey to see what he says.

info@worldracingleague.org
              I have, and with all due respect, he's an idiot. I brought up that his plan to use factory ratings was complete bullshit, and if he had half a brain he would require dyno sheets. The Miagra Miata, for example, has the block decked and the head milled to get the compression up. So they get the benefit of more power (and consequently being in the wrong classing) because it looks stock, and they are basing it off of factory rated numbers. Our hodgepodge setup wont make the same power as factory, since we had to mix and match and delete, etc.

He wouldnt hear of me bringing a dyno sheet with me to inspection, because they arent accurate. He then spouted off about lemons teams not being real racers and wont be competitive anyway, so I dismissed him at that point. Now I want to hit TWS before it isnt an option anymore, and half my team cant make the Chump race at the end of that month. I suppose we might just take the Miata, but Ive been there in that car already.

Comment

I have, and with all due respect, he's an idiot. I brought up that his plan to use factory ratings was complete bullshit, and if he had half a brain he would require dyno sheets. The Miagra Miata, for example, has the block decked and the head milled to get the compression up. So they get the benefit of more power (and consequently being in the wrong classing) because it looks stock, and they are basing it off of factory rated numbers. Our hodgepodge setup wont make the same power as factory, since we had to mix and match and delete, etc.

He wouldnt hear of me bringing a dyno sheet with me to inspection, because they arent accurate. He then spouted off about lemons teams not being real racers and wont be competitive anyway, so I dismissed him at that point. Now I want to hit TWS before it isnt an option anymore, and half my team cant make the Chump race at the end of that month. I suppose we might just take the Miata, but Ive been there in that car already.
                I think once you meet Joey you'll have a different perspective. He is a fair guy and easy to talk to. His fairness and clean running of events is IMO the reason Chump did so well in the south. I know Chump is missing him and the reason why so many drivers are opting to run his series if there is a choice in events around the same time.

We will be running Chump later in the year at TMS and ECR but will run WRL when we can.

The factory ratings are a guide. If cars are stoopid faster or slower then WRL reclassifies the car. There was a old Camaro last weekend that was rated as GP1 by the numbers. WRL is going to drop them to GP2 because on the track they are not that fast. Same will probably hold true of the Miagra Miata. It will go for ratings as a guide then be reclassified if what happens on the track doesn't jive with whats on paper.

Racers are asked to disclosed what mods the car has we have on a form given at tech to help determine which class. For the first race you are on a honor system then what happens on the track is how you will be classed going forward.
                Murph

Comment

yeah, I've read the rule book too.

You act like Ive never met him.

Comment

so, who went to this?
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                      so, who went to this?
                      whatyoutalkingabout?

Comment

whatyoutalkingabout?
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

People were saying they had fun on the Chump Car forum, but I'm just not buying it. TMS has a pitiful infield setup and the only reason I would consider driving there would be for the banked NASCAR sections or to race at night during a 24hr event. It can be a fun place to race, but the "road course" section is hellagay, I'm sorry.

Comment

The people I know that went enjoyed it as well.

Comment

Im lazy....when is the june event? Will have to see if i can get our neon ready in time.

Comment

Ok, as if I don't have enough crap to do before this race, which tire seems to be the best to have and last a full 8 hours?

BFG Rivals?
                                Direzza ZII's
                                Dunlop re11a's?

I like the rivals but not sure they would last but this is a 2100lb car with MAYBE 135hp....

Ideas? Looks like I would need a bulkhead for our fuel cell, new tires, a seat, a harness and a power steering rack to make it 100% ready...oh, and a couple more drivers!

Comment

Working...
                                X