Anyone here kart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
    I would be down, but I need advance notice to come up with a good lie to get out of the house on a weekend.
    Hey man, I really need your help, can you come look at our race car? It's all the way down in Venus, so it will be at least half a day...
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
      We should go to DKC and have a GTG.
      Winning!
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Any shifter kart guys know if this is a good deal? A buddy of mine wants one now that i bought one.

He has no gear now and this is about his size.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Kind of an off brand. Older type of tack , timer. Strange set up with a front anti roll bar, Most karts use a torsion bar, for all the great looks fuel lines are big and heavy. He said he only took it out once, yea I bet he didn't have a good time. First you learn the track, then learn how to drive it. Takes time to be good.

Hell, I have been doing this over 16 years and I don't think I know how to drive. Seat time is everything. Your first kart a shifter, it's common joke in the club. You Rotax / Tag people are doing it right ! NTK is super busy in a shifter.
          I bet its fast going on the 2 straights and scares the hell out of him in the turns.

Carb is more than likely gummed up as he said. Won't pass tech as gear box is vented to the ground now, needs a catch can on it. Did the motor freeze this last winter and take out the radiator ect, prob. didn't drain it. Nothing special about the driving gear. No helmet. Pipe is strange too, but it could be set up for motor ??? Its not a Honda so I don't know.

Just my 2 cents, might look at NTK adds off its website but we are in the middle of the season and it might be tough.

Drvie fast. Racing tonight. Come out and look at what is being raced and ask around.

Comment

nice, that is great info. thank you sir, i passed it on to my buddy.

yea i told him to do a 125 single speed kart, a 6spd shifter kart is too much for him because it is way too much for me and i'm slow. my times are 3-4 seconds off the pace of the big dogs.

i'll keep an eye out.
            Last edited by momo; 05-24-2014, 09:11 PM.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              We should go to DKC and have a GTG.
              In! Well if its on the right day that is.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                I got my "older" rotax for 2K. It's not a shifter but still a handful for a first kart. It's a blast to drive...one of the most fun time killers ever.

If you're still looking, I'm going to the track tomorrow and you're welcome to come try it out. Gotta have a helmet or be a medium to use mine.

PM me if you're interested.

Track membership is 315 I believe and you get a key to the front gate for unlimited access.

I bought a small harbor freight folding trailer for mine that is perfect. That was only 240 after 20% off, then 70 for registration.
                I just saw this, I'd love to take you up on the offer sometime.

I have been shopping karts and with my 2k budget a rotax seems out of the zone, what class is the most competitive? I was thinking about the animal class, motors are dirt cheap, $500 for a sealed engine, I know nothing about the chassis side, I really need to do some reading.

I see a lot of kt100 karts too, not sure whats "hip" right now, seems like rotax is.

Would it be a bad idea to get into a Chonda tony kart for $1500?
                Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I have one of these, but I'm not a racer just bought it for fucking around. Lots of fun and not too expensive. http://gokartsusa.com/Road-Rat-Racer...t-XR-AKRA.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by ftp View Post
                    I have one of these, but I'm not a racer just bought it for fucking around. Lots of fun and not too expensive. http://gokartsusa.com/Road-Rat-Racer...t-XR-AKRA.aspx
                    nice find!

Comment

North Texas Karters offers free demo rides in a Chonda powered Kart at the track. Call Bob Schable @ 972.221.2567 for more info.

My standard kart is a Kt100 powered Micro Shop. I have a couple of other Kt100 ( Yamaha ) powered older ones to play with. Advantage of the Rotax / TaG ( Touch and Go ) is the onboard electric start. The Kt100 use an outside, think F1 or Indy car, starting system, no on board starter.

I didn't get into the Rotax karts as they got to be $$$ for Rotax legal parts. I do like the greater horsepower and self starting options. The Yamaha makes 18 HP vs. 30+ for the Rotax. Yamaha's are a lot lighter and I don't have to use Rotax mandatory parts.

The above Kart is Chonda powered. Just F.Y.I.

I have some major health issues right now but if you are a smaller guy, size 34 pants + or - some, so you would fit in the seat and could help out on fuel. We could talk about meeting at the track and doing a ride in one of the older Yamaha Karts just for fun. It will be at least a month from now as I got a tube in my gut to drain the lizard. Getting old sucks.

Call Bob and go get a ride, no cost to youall but some time. Bob has also raced in the several Rotax classes and is the current 80 cc shifter champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X