Coronavirus Stimulus Package Money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
    Nah...we have seen how well businesses do at sharing the money. *They should have saved better to prepare for an emergency...its only 2 months!1!!*

You own a business or something?
    No, I work for a large company that has strong cash reserves and strong sales so far this year. I know plenty of small business owners though that are doing everything they can to continue to pay employees in some fashion. It's hard when their stores are supposed to be closed and people do not come to consume their product/service because they are told to shelter in place.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      No, I work for a large company that has strong cash reserves and strong sales so far this year. I know plenty of small business owners though that are doing everything they can to continue to pay employees in some fashion. It's hard when their stores are supposed to be closed and people do not come to consume their product/service because they are told to shelter in place.
      And those businesses will pay every other bill except their labor first. Then they will say still lay off the employees because they aren't generating revenue. And those businesses are already able to get the govt loans for help covering their bills.

Comment

who are these fools who sent the IRS money yesterday?

July 15th suckas...

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
          who are these fools who sent the IRS money yesterday?

July 15th suckas...
          Yearly or Quarterly? I did because my wife is a 1099 employee for now so I had to pay her estimated. I mean there is no way around that one unless we are getting a tax holiday this year.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            So, is it bragging if I say I didn't get a dime?
            I believe the commoners refer to this as flexing now.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
              So, is it bragging if I say I didn't get a dime?
              Considering how the cut-off income wise is right around a hundred k I don't believe saying you don't qualify as much of a brag.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                Considering how the cut-off income wise is right around a hundred k I don't believe saying you don't qualify as much of a brag.
                Yeah, but what if you are married filing joint, your wife doesn't work, and you still don't get a check? Is that a brag/flex? Not saying that's my situation, just saying.
                Last edited by quikag; 04-16-2020, 03:46 PM.
                Ford
                GM
                Toyota
                VAG

Comment

Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
                  I haven't filed 19. My agi is so low I can get food stamps
                  Ditto.

They better not fuck with deductions next year. They can keep that $1200.

I’m not mad about the loss of businesses either. Survival of the fittest. Less competition and improved the hiring pool. Like someone else said, you adapt and press on, plenty of folks getting rich right now.

Comment

One of my best weeks in forever.

I manufacture metal roofing in 6 profiles and sell lumber.

A couple other things also. Also spending less than ever.

Hired another two people this week. One fresh out of school and one was oil lay off
                    Last edited by dblack1; 04-16-2020, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                      Yearly or Quarterly? I did because my wife is a 1099 employee for now so I had to pay her estimated. I mean there is no way around that one unless we are getting a tax holiday this year.
                      suckers!

* All estimated income tax payments due on or after April 1, 2020, and before July 15, 2020 are postponed to July 15, 2020. First quarter 2020 estimated income tax payments due April 15, 2020, and second quarter 2020 estimated income tax payments due June 15, 2020, have both been postponed to July 15, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                        Yeah, but what if you are married filing joint, your wife doesn't work, and you still don't get a check? Is that a brag/flex? Not saying that's my situation, just saying.
                        I really can't relate or sympathize with people who are so damn worked up about 1200 bucks.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
                          I really can't relate or sympathize with people who are so damn worked up about 1200 bucks.
                          I get it. Thanks to the accelerated deprecation of $500k. Zero it out

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                            she can go to the IR s website and enter her ss and receive the money regardless of work or 218/19 filed taxes. Anyone with a ss number gets the money

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              suckers!

* All estimated income tax payments due on or after April 1, 2020, and before July 15, 2020 are postponed to July 15, 2020. First quarter 2020 estimated income tax payments due April 15, 2020, and second quarter 2020 estimated income tax payments due June 15, 2020, have both been postponed to July 15, 2020.
                              Postponed! I am ok with paying it now.
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                                she can go to the IR s website and enter her ss and receive the money regardless of work or 218/19 filed taxes. Anyone with a ss number gets the money
                                Not if his agi was 200k+ and they're MFJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X