Train derailment near Arlington City Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Train derailment near Arlington City Hall

Dallas news, headlines, weather, sports and traffic from KDFW FOX 4 News, serving Dallas-Fort Worth, North Texas and the state of Texas.

By Kevin Boie
    ARLINGTON, Texas - A freight train has derailed in Arlington, prompting building evacuations.

The incident happened in the 500 block of Front Street, near City Hall.
    As many as 15 cars, including a tanker, have left the tracks, Arlington Fire Department Lt. Darren Whitfield said.
    The tanker is leaking an unknown substance and as a precaution officials are evacuating nearby buildings, including the Dyno-Rock indoor climbing facility.
    "Those cars can carry anything from milk to diesel fuel," Whitfield said.
    It was not immediately clear what caused the derailment.
    There were no reports of injuries.
    Whitfield said he did not know how long it would take to clean up the mess.
    Stay tuned to FOX 4 News and myfoxdfw.com for developments.

Read more on myFOXdfw.com: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Tra...#ixzz1mfU7xqeS

Meh.... happens everyday.

Comment

Ugh oh, was freightrain texting and conducting?

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
        http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Tra...lington-021712

By Kevin Boie
        ARLINGTON, Texas - A freight train has derailed in Arlington, prompting building evacuations.

The incident happened in the 500 block of Front Street, near City Hall.
        As many as 15 cars, including a tanker, have left the tracks, Arlington Fire Department Lt. Darren Whitfield said.
        The tanker is leaking an unknown substance and as a precaution officials are evacuating nearby buildings, including the Dyno-Rock indoor climbing facility.
        "Those cars can carry anything from milk to diesel fuel," Whitfield said.
        It was not immediately clear what caused the derailment.
        There were no reports of injuries.
        Whitfield said he did not know how long it would take to clean up the mess.
        Stay tuned to FOX 4 News and myfoxdfw.com for developments.
        Ahh, a nice refreshing glass of milk delivered in a tank car that previously delivered a load of diesel fuel. The experts always say that if you knew what was being transported in tank cars, you would never willingly sit in your car at a rail crossing waiting for a train to pass.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$CHOOCHOO$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          Ahh, a nice refreshing glass of milk delivered in a tank car that previously delivered a load of diesel fuel. The experts always say that if you knew what was being transported in tank cars, you would never willingly sit in your car at a rail crossing waiting for a train to pass.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$CHOOCHOO$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$!!!
          The nastiest shit known to man is transported by rail. The worst part is we are forced to ship it.

Comment

Wow. That's right behind Arlington Machine shop. I just called Eddie. No answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
              Wow. That's right behind Arlington Machine shop. I just called Eddie. No answer.

Damn. I'll have to ask him about it the next time he is in my store. I don't ever remember anything like this happening in Arlington before. Wonder what crossings are blocked due to it.

Comment

Looking at the video on Fox, the car that is parked across the tracks is directly behind the building next to AMS.

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
                  Ugh oh, was freightrain texting and conducting?
                  I do neither.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Wonder what crossings are blocked due to it.
                    I'm gonna bet everything from Collins to Cooper will be blocked whether there are cars on the tracks or not. Possibly even farther out. Good luck getting home. It's going to be a fucking mess.

Comment

I recently got a ticket in Arlington for running a stop sign(California stop)- ticket fine is $236 when I looked it up online train derailment was only $296. I should have got more bang for my buck

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                        I'm gonna bet everything from Collins to Cooper will be blocked whether there are cars on the tracks or not. Possibly even farther out. Good luck getting home. It's going to be a fucking mess.

I'm on a 3 day weekend.

Comment

Wonder what caused it? How the heck does a train come off the tracks like that? I can see sharp turns and excessive speed but...
                          www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                            I recently got a ticket in Arlington for running a stop sign(California stop)- ticket fine is $236 when I looked it up online train derailment was only $296. I should have got more bang for my buck
                            I lol'ed hard!

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                              Wonder what caused it? How the heck does a train come off the tracks like that? I can see sharp turns and excessive speed but...
                              debris on the track or a car failure i would think

Comment

Working...
                              X