No announcement yet.

dirt cheap car subwoofers.... been out of the game for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was llooking to get a pair of 8" subs for my truck. I have a older style JBL amp thats 600W. Thats all i know about it without going home and looking at it some more. What kinda subs could i get that the amp wont hurt the speakers? Also curreently running 2 6 1/2 polks, 2 6X9 polks and 1 3 1/2 pioneer.
    GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

Originally posted by BttleFedC10 View Post
      I was llooking to get a pair of 8" subs for my truck. I have a older style JBL amp thats 600W. Thats all i know about it without going home and looking at it some more. What kinda subs could i get that the amp wont hurt the speakers? Also curreently running 2 6 1/2 polks, 2 6X9 polks and 1 3 1/2 pioneer.
      600 watts is a lot for a pair of 8s. Go with bigger subs if you can and move more air. You can get a lot more output if you go with larger subs (or even one larger sub). For example, one 12 has almost 13% more cone surface area than two 8s combined.

That said, be careful with your volume knob and you'll be fine. Too much power is better than not enough. Distortion shreds speakers faster than overpowering them.

I'm not sure what the latest boner is for 8s, but several years ago, everyone was swearing by Image Dynamics 8s. I think JL makes some good ones, too, or at least they used to.

What are you doing with the one Pioneer speaker? Is it a center channel?

Comment

I'm running Image Dynamic 8's in my truck and they sound great. There are times that I wish I had a bit more output though. The Sundown SA8's are straight beasts and 600 won't touch them at all.

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

My truck sounds good as it is. Just my speakers need some bass to em. I think a pair of 8s would be just fine. lol. How much were those images??

Comment

Whats the depth on those? I want to fit them behind the seat.

Comment

x2 on the sundown 8s. You also great customer service with sundown. Jacob is a good guy bought a couple of used subs and a used amp from him.

You should have plenty of room behind the seat for 2 8s.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SloLT1 View Post
                x2 on the sundown 8s. You also great customer service with sundown. Jacob is a good guy bought a couple of used subs and a used amp from him.

You should have plenty of room behind the seat for 2 8s.
                I dunno, those things are huge! I wonder what kind of airspace they need.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                  I dunno, those things are huge! I wonder what kind of airspace they need.
                  I would say sealed they wouldnt take more than 1cu ft each. Ported i think 1.5 each would be ok. After thinking about it I think 1 ported 10 would be better. Those 8s are very underrated.

Comment

1SloLT1 are you boostedfd on xbox live? lol.

Comment

yes

Comment

Ah, ok. lol. Gotcha! What brand where thos subs you have again?

Comment

rockford fosgate

Comment

aight cool. You still heading around saginaw tonight??

Comment

Working...
                            X