Hone Media Centers thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crownline79 View Post
    If that happens I'll will look into higher quality alternatives. But I'm hoping it Dosnt get that hot.
    It will(get that hot), I can't speak for the laminate, although I can completely see that happening. I would move that receiver to its own cavity before you start having issues.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
      It will(get that hot), I can't speak for the laminate, although I can completely see that happening. I would move that receiver to its own cavity before you start having issues.
      x2
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
        I wonder if wiring a 120 mm computer fan on the side of the receiver would mitigate the heat issues?

Comment

you need to move the hot air out of the enclosure. I'd cut a hole/holes on the top and bottom and put the fan on one side to create airflow.

I melted a DVD case on one of my amps when we had it cranked...

Comment

Originally posted by Crownline79 View Post
            I wonder if wiring a 120 mm computer fan on the side of the receiver would mitigate the heat issues?
            If you go that route check out these kits:

Our home theater cooling fans are perfect for single consoles, home theater systems, commercial A/V racks, and more! Order your cooling fan kit today.

I have no personal experience with them but several guys on here have and like them.
            "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
            -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I plan on doing the USB version plugged directly into the receiver once I get the doors put on.

Comment

Working...
              X