Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok car audio nuts here is another one for you..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am i gonna get reamed for asking about bazooka tubes in this thread? looking to get one for a 4 door jeep jk. i like that its small, self contained, easily removeable. sorry for shitting on your thread, but it seems like a good fit of this question.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      am i gonna get reamed for asking about bazooka tubes in this thread? looking to get one for a 4 door jeep jk. i like that its small, self contained, easily removeable. sorry for shitting on your thread, but it seems like a good fit of this question.

god bless.
      Are they even still around? I had a pair of 8" Bazooka's that I got from someone on the board. Never got around to using them or replacing the subs and I gave it to someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
        What gets me is that I already have it running in a sealed enclosure with over half a cube of space. The specs called for a sealed enclosure of between .33 to .80 cuft. That is for one 8" driver. These jl audio 10w6v3 drivers are designed ti only need .55 of a cube after driver displacement to run well. So it's like I'm looking at building around a 1 cubic foot box for one 8" sub or a pair of subs I know will out perform what I have. If I build and place a box with that kind of air space I already know what it will look like and I will have to change the shape and will be sacrificing alot of the very limited cargo room that a 2 dr jeep has to begin with. With that being said there is no way I am going to do that unless the outcome is going to not just satisfy me but blow my expectations away.
        How big is your box? Is it in spec where you can punch a hole in it and put a port in it?
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
          How big is your box? Is it in spec where you can punch a hole in it and put a port in it?
          Build is documented here...

JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems - Subwoofer install, pic heavy... - So I got a wild hair up my ass after re-subscribing to sirius that I needed a bit more bass than the factory stereo was providing. I did not want to give up much room in the cargo area as I have a 2dr. Since I did not want to blow my ears off...

The box has .55 of a cube after driver displacement.

Comment

Ya.... I bet you could sell that box for a nice profit. I wouldn't give up on the 8 just yet but if you're sold on the JL's then go that route.

What are you wanting from the system? SQ or SPL? Style of music? Whats your charging system look like/upgrades?

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Looks like you are a couple tenths away from having enogh volume to port that box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Ya.... I bet you could sell that box for a nice profit. I wouldn't give up on the 8 just yet but if you're sold on the JL's then go that route.

What are you wanting from the system? SQ or SPL? Style of music? Whats your charging system look like/upgrades?
                The whole setup is currently for sale on that site. I am asking $350 for the amp, box, and sub. I am waiting to see if it sells or not to push forward with a new setup.

I like sq over spl. I listen to literally everything. The charging system is stock. I do plan on a dual battery setup for my winch soon though.

Comment

Am I seeing this right about $900 for a pair of W6's?

I recommend you check out Image Dynamics if you want SQ with a hint of SPL.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Sounds about right. I think I gave $400 for my 10w6v2. Though that was 7-8 yrs ago.

I had that thing stuffed behind the seat of my regular cab s-10 in a sealed enclosure. Everyone loved the way it sounded. Even powered off of a cheap visonik 800 watt amp it sounded great (through the stock HU) and would hit if you cranked it up. I LOVED that set up. Best system I put together. Factory speakers on a planet audio 4 channel, added tweeters and left it like that

Comment

I can get the pair right now new in the box for $750 shipped to my door.

Comment

A pair of W6's is going to rock that little jeep. I had a 12w3 in my 2 door civic for a while, in a ported enclosure and the windows flexed a bit when it would hit a low note

Comment

<- not a JL fan, too overpriced IMO. But it's your money, there is just as good for 1/4 price.

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

<- not a JL fan, too overpriced IMO. But it's your money, there is just as good for 1/4 price.
                            They are expensive. I haven't heard any of the newer brands. It has been 6 or 7 years since I was into the car audio scene. At that time it was the best sounding stuff I had heard.

Comment

Yes, the 600/1 does put out the same power from 1.5-4 ohm. The 10W6v3-D4 only comes in dual 4 ohm so you will end up with 4 ohm mono if you plan on running two drivers. Run each sub in series and then parallel them to the amp. Also, the amp will perform better and have a higher damping factor at 4 ohm mono. The 10W6v3-D4 will perform very well sealed. If you wanted to run it ported, you need to call JL for info at this time.

Comment

I am all ears.

Comment

Working...
                                X