No announcement yet.

Sub and amp options/opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ew said the subs and ported box are from JL so they should be built to spec. You are correct, after messing with Hpf more 125 hz does sound best. Probably get some dynamat in a few weeks for the doors. Ew recommended the 4ga amp install kit so I can add a second amp for the front and rear speakers later on. Dropping off car on Saturday to him, very excited to hear it. It's only a 500w mono amp but I wonder if I'll need to upgrade the alternator?

Comment

Originally posted by blk95 View Post
      Ew said the subs and ported box are from JL so they should be built to spec. You are correct, after messing with Hpf more 125 hz does sound best. Probably get some dynamat in a few weeks for the doors. Ew recommended the 4ga amp install kit so I can add a second amp for the front and rear speakers later on. Dropping off car on Saturday to him, very excited to hear it. It's only a 500w mono amp but I wonder if I'll need to upgrade the alternator?
      EW is the man! The JL packages are nice. Subs and box made for each other, and they look great, too.

I don't think 500 watts is going to need a better alternator, unless your stock one is weak. I'd wait and see. Good alternators aren't cheap.

If anything, look into doing the "Big 3“ upgrade, which is adding beefier wire from alternator to battery positive, battery negative to chassis, and chassis to engine block.

Comment

Just went to lunch and had a truck parked in front of me. With lights on when I press the brake pedal the lights dimmed a little bit. Once everything's hooked up maybe EW can put a mulitimeter on it to see if it can handle the amp. Will do the wire upgrade as well.

Comment

Originally posted by blk95 View Post
          Just went to lunch and had a truck parked in front of me. With lights on when I press the brake pedal the lights dimmed a little bit. Once everything's hooked up maybe EW can put a mulitimeter on it to see if it can handle the amp. Will do the wire upgrade as well.
          I'm running about 1400w off of a factory alternator with no issues.

Comment

Big thanks to Ew. System sounds great. Going to make the drive to work much more enjoyable. Went with 2 JL 12wo's and the JL jx-500 mono amp in a ported box. Thanks again Eric .

Comment

Working...
            X