So will TCU get screwed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So will TCU get screwed?

It is setup that BSU will jump to #3 next week, and as a die hard TCU fan I will honestly admit that Boise is probably the best team in college football right now and they are completely deserving.

So, if nothing happens at #1 and #2, Boise would go to the Rose bowl, and there is a good chance that TCU would be playing the prestigious Las Vegas Bowl. If one of the top 2 stumble, then Boise goes to the NC game, the Rose bowl will pick the best Pac10 team to replace the non-AQ spot, and TCU goes to the prestigious Las Vegas Bowl.

I just think it is funny that there is a good chance that a four loss team will end up in a BCS game over an undefeated TCU. I know its all about the money, and TCU needs a stronger schedule, but they really can't control these things to a great degree.

The BCS needs to die a quick death
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Fuck Canadians
    0%

Sadly, yes they will.

Comment

I still don't see how Oregon is #1. I think TCU's SoS is harder than Oregons. Given, Oregon has beat the living piss out of everybody they played minus last week..........but so has TCU...except for last week. Auburns SoS is WAY harder than Oregons, but they haven't dominated every game because of that fact. TCU's SoS is harder than Boise States, but Boise won the bowl game between the two last year.

IMO if all top 4 teams win out, the NC game should be between Auburn and Boise State, leaving TCU at #3. TCU fans might say they got screwed, but that's what they said last year but they couldn't beat Boise.

I'll agree...the BCS is fucked up, but it makes for some good arguments.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I'm so tired of all that crying over there...Damn, man, this is football. They got beat last year in a "big game", and they still cry. With the state of college football, I say give them a shot at the title. They will probably get beat, but at least next year everyone will KNOW they're over-rated.

Comment

Tcu stays undefeated they end up in the sugar bowl. They don't get screwed....and I don't see how you say they will end up in the las Vegas bowl???

Comment

A huge YES.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
              I still don't see how Oregon is #1. I think TCU's SoS is harder than Oregons. Given, Oregon has beat the living piss out of everybody they played minus last week..........but so has TCU...except for last week. Auburns SoS is WAY harder than Oregons, but they haven't dominated every game because of that fact. TCU's SoS is harder than Boise States, but Boise won the bowl game between the two last year.
              Oregon is the BCS's fall back plan. If Auburn (pretty good chance this weekend) loses it'd be TCU vs Boise State in the title game otherwise.

Everyone is downing the Frogs over the loss last season but people forget that TCU is 1-1 against them in bowl games. BSU's last loss was to TCU and vice versa.

Oregon has #21 Arizona this weekend and the Beavers next weekend (team that killed USC, beat AZ and played hard against TCU). Auburn has their toughest game all year against Alabama.

All Auburn and Oregon have to do is win and they are going to the title game. BSU and TCU need to absolultely murder their opponents and hope for Auburn and Oregon to lose. Also have to worry about LSU sneaking in on them.

Comment

Hopefully, the conference championship games are going to be the deal-breaker for 1 and 2.

Comment

Um does the PAC 10 have a conf championship game I haven't heard about yet this year Denny?

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                    Um does the PAC 10 have a conf championship game I haven't heard about yet this year Denny?
                    Yes... it's called shut up!

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Oregon is the BCS's fall back plan. If Auburn (pretty good chance this weekend) loses it'd be TCU vs Boise State in the title game otherwise.

Everyone is downing the Frogs over the loss last season but people forget that TCU is 1-1 against them in bowl games. BSU's last loss was to TCU and vice versa.

Oregon has #21 Arizona this weekend and the Beavers next weekend (team that killed USC, beat AZ and played hard against TCU). Auburn has their toughest game all year against Alabama.

All Auburn and Oregon have to do is win and they are going to the title game. BSU and TCU need to absolultely murder their opponents and hope for Auburn and Oregon to lose. Also have to worry about LSU sneaking in on them.
                      Why the fuck is Cam Newton still eligible to play?
                      How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                        Why the fuck is Cam Newton still eligible to play?
                        Nothing has been proven.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          Nothing has been proven.
                          The audio tapes weren't proof enough? lol
                          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford
                            It is setup that BSU will jump to #3 next week, and as a die hard TCU fan I will honestly admit that Boise is probably the best team in college football right now and they are completely deserving.

So, if nothing happens at #1 and #2, Boise would go to the Rose bowl, and there is a good chance that TCU would be playing the prestigious Las Vegas Bowl. If one of the top 2 stumble, then Boise goes to the NC game, the Rose bowl will pick the best Pac10 team to replace the non-AQ spot, and TCU goes to the prestigious Las Vegas Bowl.

I just think it is funny that there is a good chance that a four loss team will end up in a BCS game over an undefeated TCU. I know its all about the money, and TCU needs a stronger schedule, but they really can't control these things to a great degree.

The BCS needs to die a quick death

If Oregon is in the NC game, Standford will be in the Rose Bowl. Boise will more than likely get the Fiesta Bowl

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                              The audio tapes weren't proof enough? lol

Even if they do, how slow the NCAA works, nothing will happen until 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X