So will TCU get screwed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
    We shall see...some have OSU against LSU in the Sugar Bowl. I hope not. I would rather see LSU play one of the cupcake teams in the top 5...like TCU or Boise.
    Careful... that's what Sooners were saying a couple years ago when they got Boise. We all know how that turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
      Not really the point I was trying to make. What conference do they have to be in to prove they're not overrated? Big 12 isn't shit anymore, Pac 10...blah, Big 10...meh. The SEC is the only conference with multiple tough teams, and it's not exactly geographically sensible to put Boise State there. They'll at least be in the MWC next year. Should make for some interesting games.
      The Big 12 has 5 teams in the top 17, so I beg to differ on the Big 12 "isn't shit". Besides beating up on each other, they're pretty damn tough. Do you think TCU could play A&M's schedule and be undefeated? Tech, OSU, Nebraska, OU, UT, etc.? I think what makes the Big 12 tough is that there aren't many "off weeks", whereas TCU only has a few games where they need to really play.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
        The Big 12 has 5 teams in the top 17, so I beg to differ on the Big 12 "isn't shit". Besides beating up on each other, they're pretty damn tough. Do you think TCU could play A&M's schedule and be undefeated? Tech, OSU, Nebraska, OU, UT, etc.? I think what makes the Big 12 tough is that there aren't many "off weeks", whereas TCU only has a few games where they need to really play.
        Big 12 has so many teams that high ranked because the bcs system gives them a high SoS. It's like saying one team is better than their record shows but in reverse. Maybe"isn't shit" isn't the right way to put it, but they're not as good as the rankings show. I can confidently say that I'd take TCU or Boise State over any big 12 team this season.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Big 12 has so many teams that high ranked because the bcs system gives them a high SoS. It's like saying one team is better than their record shows but in reverse. Maybe"isn't shit" isn't the right way to put it, but they're not as good as the rankings show. I can confidently say that I'd take TCU or Boise State over any big 12 team this season.
          I understand, but would you be as confident in them playing OU, OSU, Nebraska, and A&M in a four game run to end their season? I can't remember TCU EVER being tested like that.

Please understand me when I say that TCU is obviously a very good team. It just leaves that element of doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
            i have to disagree. With the Rose Bowl being in their backyard, i have to say Stanford. Now, if they chose who they think is the BEST one loss team, it WILL be Stanford
            National appeal cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
              I understand, but would you be as confident in them playing OU, OSU, Nebraska, and A&M in a four game run to end their season? I can't remember TCU EVER being tested like that.

Please understand me when I say that TCU is obviously a very good team. It just leaves that element of doubt.
              I'll give you that. Back on topic though, I just don't see how TCU would be getting screwed this year. Boise state however IMO would be getting screwed if they win out and don't go to the NC.

Comment

If tcu finishes 12-0 they will be in a bcs bowl....depends on what happens ahead of them...

i do believe though, a 1 loss sec champion or 1 loss lsu will get to the mnc game before an undefeated boise st or tcu

Comment

Originally posted by whoatx5.0 View Post
                  If tcu finishes 12-0 they will be in a bcs bowl....depends on what happens ahead of them...

i do believe though, a 1 loss sec champion or 1 loss lsu will get to the mnc game before an undefeated boise st or tcu
                  Point wise, there is literally no way LSU can make it into the NC game unless somebody loses. They're too far behind.

Comment

Point wise, there is literally no way LSU can make it into the NC game unless somebody loses. They're too far behind.
                    True but they can bump TCU or BSU from a BCS bowl. Auburn on the other hand could lose to Alabama and still win the SEC title and they'll be in the NC game, unless the NCAA does something with the cheating/thief QB.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      True but they can bump TCU or BSU from a BCS bowl. Auburn on the other hand could lose to Alabama and still win the SEC title and they'll be in the NC game, unless the NCAA does something with the cheating/thief QB.
                      Keeping an undefeated TCU and AND Boise St. would be the worst thing the BCS could do. If you think they get hell for their system now, just waituntil they pull some stupid shit like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                        Keeping an undefeated TCU and AND Boise St. would be the worst thing the BCS could do. If you think they get hell for their system now, just waituntil they pull some stupid shit like that.
                        they did last year. TCU and Boise State was undefeated, while Florida had 1 loss.
                        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                          they did last year. TCU and Boise State was undefeated, while Florida had 1 loss.
                          And what were their point totals at this time last year?

Comment

LSU still absolutely needs two of the following 3 to lose: Oregon, TCU, and AU (probably twice). I think several of the following have to lose too: Boise, Wisconsin, Ok State, Stanford. I don't necessarily think they all pass us, but they all steal votes from LSU creating a bigger gap in the human polls. One good thing is that Stanford won't be Pac10 champs either and hopefully voters view a Big10 "tie" is no better than LSU not winning the SEC.

As far as the BCS bowls, part of me was pulling for MSU as an Arky loss may have almost locked up a BCS bid for LSU. Not sure who the bowls choose between 10-2 LSU, Arky and maybe bama. That is their choice. An 11-1 LSU seems like a lock, but they aren't. Now I am not 100% sure 12-1 AU stays above 11-1 LSU with a loss, but I am pretty damn sure they do. And if they do lose one, stay in the top 4 of the BCS above LSU, LSU is left out of the BCS altogether. (If they finish #5 and #6, the BCS bowls get to pick and are not tied to BCS ranking at all).

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                              Careful... that's what Sooners were saying a couple years ago when they got Boise. We all know how that turned out.
                              Yup...but that Oklahoma team didnt have the defense that we do.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                                Yup...but that Oklahoma team didnt have the defense that we do.
                                And Boise didn't have the offense they do now. It will be interesting either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X