NFL Owners Approve New CBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Murray doesn't seem like a solid solution just yet. He seems like another Felix, but a bit slower. We will see I guess.

Choice is the guy that needs to be getting the ball more. Just my .02.

Either way, I think we are about to see alot of moves by the Cowboys in the next day or so.

Neither one of the backs we have is as versatile as Murray. Neither of them can catch out of the backfield and consistently make plays with it. I agree that Choice should be getting the bulk of the carries this season. They are losing the power runner, with no power runner replacement, but they are adding another dimension to the backfield, so it will balance out. And if you want to nit pick, they lost a power runner in Barber two seasons ago.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Neither one of the backs we have is as versatile as Murray. Neither of them can catch out of the backfield and consistently make plays with it. I agree that Choice should be getting the bulk of the carries this season. They are losing the power runner, with no power runner replacement, but they are adding another dimension to the backfield, so it will balance out. And if you want to nit pick, they lost a power runner in Barber two seasons ago.
      I think Choice is a suitable power runner if need be. You are right about the passing out of the backfield. If Felix could catch, he would be really dangerous. He is starting to look more like a bust. But with Barber gone, that might change. It is his make it or break it season for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        He is starting to look more like a bust.
        I was going to let this go, but it's bugging me. I didn't want to even humor the bust talk, because it's only a matter of time before papapepper the brain trust comes in and starts talking about how Reggie Bush is the best RB in the NFL. Felix isn't a bust. They STILL aren't using him like he's supposed to be used. And that's all on Jason Garrett as OC, and now HC. Felix is NOT a between the tackles runner. Never has been, never will be. So Red Jesus needs to stop trying to make him run between the tackles for fuck's sake. You have to get him out around the edges. That's where he shines. Why would a sane person not put them in the best position to succeed?

Additionally, Parcells had it right with the way he used Barber/JJones. Barber first and second to wear them down. When the D gets tired from Barber manhandling them, put in your speed back to bust open runs.

The lack of Felix's success is directly on Garrett's shoulders. Period. I still can't believe this stupid fuck is our new HC.

Comment

Popular opinion says barber is gone. With the Murray pick, I agree.

I dont think they can compete with the offers Free is going to get.
          I just read a story yesterday about the cowboys cap and it said if they cut Barber then bonus's in his contract will go into effect and it will cost 1+ mill against the cap to cut him. Same thing with Roy Williams. Just makes sense to keep them.

Cowboys are $20 mill over cap before they hire their draft picks so Jerry has his work cut out for him.

Comment

I was going to let this go, but it's bugging me. I didn't want to even humor the bust talk, because it's only a matter of time before papapepper the brain trust comes in and starts talking about how Reggie Bush is the best RB in the NFL. Felix isn't a bust.
            That is why I said it may be different with Barber gone. I know pappapecker is lurking and I remember the argument. I don't think he is a complete bust, I just think he is mishandled, and the bust really goes on the OC, or HC, or Jerry.

He is still electric when they get him in the right spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
              I just read a story yesterday about the cowboys cap and it said if they cut Barber then bonus's in his contract will go into effect and it will cost 1+ mill against the cap to cut him. Same thing with Roy Williams. Just makes sense to keep them.
              $1 million to cut, $7 million (I think) to keep him. You want to rethink that math for a second? Nevermind the fact that he doesn't produce anymore.

Comment

The NFLPA executive committee just approved the new CBA.

THE LOCKOUT IS OVER!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                  The NFLPA executive committee just approved the new CBA.

THE LOCKOUT IS OVER!
                  Link? SC says they still havent voted.

Comment

$1 million to cut, $7 million (I think) to keep him. You want to rethink that math for a second? Nevermind the fact that he doesn't produce anymore.
                    No, your missing what Im saying, according to the story I read if they cut Barber they wont save any money to the cap and instead will add 1 mill to it. It will be cheaper to keep him.

I wish I could find the story but it was on my phone and the history is gone on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                      No, your missing what Im saying, according to the story I read if they cut Barber they wont save any money to the cap and instead will add 1 mill to it. It will be cheaper to keep him.

I wish I could find the story but it was on my phone and the history is gone on it.
                      His deal he signed in 08 was 7 yrs $45 million, but only $15 million of that was guaranteed. He's set to make $4.25 mill this season (I believe that's pretty close). I don't believe they have to pay him the $4.25 million if they cut him. They will have to pay an amount, deemed by the contract, but that's the only detail of the contract I can't find anywhere. In all reality, I'm sure only the Cowboys know that amount. Either way, it's worth paying. If they can't trade him, they have to cut him. Period. Yes, it will count against cap this year, but that's $5 million+ until 2015 they will save by cutting the contract.

It makes NO sense to carry 4 RBs on the 53 man roster. None at all.

EDIT: Signing bonus was $12 million. Which I believe means, has to be paid in full if they cut him. Not entirely sure how that works.
                      I'm still holding out hope that Williams is a casualty as well.
                      Last edited by bcoop; 07-25-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day with teams resigning, releasing, or just signing free agents. Also I wonder if there will be any trades between teams being that the season is about a month away.
                        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Working...
                        X