BCS Pluckers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nate View Post
    I see your schools and raise you Stanford zona and USC.
    USC this year? Who also lost to that "horrible" team Notre Dame and Oregon State?
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Hands down who is a better team byu or usc? Think to the average voter who the better win on the resume is? Like it or not USC is a name and still has talent.

Comment

And I hate USC and love seeing them on this downward spiral. I just can't see why he thinks tcu hands down had this better case for being in the nc game over Oregon. Like Oregon is the worst top 2 team ever.

Comment

And I hate USC and love seeing them on this downward spiral. I just can't see why he thinks tcu hands down had this better case for being in the nc game over Oregon. Like Oregon is the worst top 2 team ever.
          Who is "he" and who are you talking to? I just don't see how Oregon went from number 11 to number 1 in such a short time, with such a weak schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
            Who is "he" and who are you talking to? I just don't see how Oregon went from number 11 to number 1 in such a short time, with such a weak schedule.
            Other teams ahead of them loss and they rolled people up with a high flying offense. What are you missing?

Comment

Fuck preseason rankings mean dick too. Teams ranked top 10 week1 ahead of Oregon.

Florida
              Texas
              Iowa
              Nebraska
              Ou
              Va tech
              Alabama
              All these teams have 2 losses or more.

1 loss teams ahead were Boise and Ohio state.

The only team they "leap frogged" was tcu who played in a weaker conference. Tell me how auburn moved from 22? Teams lose and drop in rankings. This isn't that hard to understand.

I don't see how you can't figure this shit out. It happens every year.

Comment

Fuck preseason rankings mean dick too. Teams ranked top 10 week1 ahead of Oregon.

Florida
                Texas
                Iowa
                Nebraska
                Ou
                Va tech
                Alabama
                All these teams have 2 losses or more.

1 loss teams ahead were Boise and Ohio state.

The only team they "leap frogged" was tcu who played in a weaker conference. Tell me how auburn moved from 22? Teams lose and drop in rankings. This isn't that hard to understand.

I don't see how you can't figure this shit out. It happens every year.
                Auburn moved up to number 2 after week 10 in a HELL of a lot harder conference than Oregon. I'm just saying that there are better teams out there than Oregon. I get what you're saying that they're in a BCS conference and TCU isn't, but it doesn't take into account the weakened Pac 10 conference. All will be set right when Auburn rolls Oregon in the NC game.

Comment

Takes longer to climb from 22 then from 11. This isn't rocket science.

Comment

I think it would be fun to see TCU play Oregon, but that isn't going to happen. It seems that Auburn will probably be in NC regardless of what happens this weekend. If they were to get blown out, then maybe they could lose the NC.

Oregon doesn't have the toughest strength of schedule, but I will say that it is slightly better than TCU's. If Utah hadn't fallen apart against ND then there could be an argument.

Of course you can argue SOS, close wins, etc., but until the teams play each other, it is a pointless argument. Personally I'm looking forward to the Rose Bowl. To bad TCU won't be facing "The" Ohio State, and have the chance to make Gordon Gee eat his own words.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                      Seeing as how it's the BCS I'd go with Wisconsin and Stanford. Hell if Oklahoma murders Nebraska they might move up to 3rd.
                      Won't happen.

Comment

Ok, here's another question: why are the Pac-10 and MWC such lousy conferences? is it because the BCS is favoring all the SEC/Big10/Big12/ACC bigger schools, and puts most of them in bowl games every year, hence giving THEM all the money from the bowl games? What would happen if Pac-10 and MWC schools got the chance to go to big bowl games and got a chunk of that cash? Would that not increase their ability to "play with the big dogs" and become "legit" teams, like everyone is bitching that they aren't?

Also, say the Cowboys play nothing but shitty teams all season, like SF, Det, Sea, Buf, Arizona, Min, and go to the Superbowl with a perfect season. Would you all be bitching about how their "strengh of schedule" was weak and that they didn't deserve being there?
                        "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
                          What would happen if Pac-10 and MWC schools got the chance to go to big bowl games and got a chunk of that cash? Would that not increase their ability to "play with the big dogs" and become "legit" teams, like everyone is bitching that they aren't?
                          Well other than Auburn, cash flow doesn't directly affect talent on the field. If that were the case Harvard, Duke and Yale would absolutely murder everyone all the time. Luckily your typical badass high school football player doesn't normally look at things like the $25 billion dollar endowment at Harvard or think about rubbing elbows with future senators and presidents while in college.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                            Auburn moved up to number 2 after week 10 in a HELL of a lot harder conference than Oregon. I'm just saying that there are better teams out there than Oregon. I get what you're saying that they're in a BCS conference and TCU isn't, but it doesn't take into account the weakened Pac 10 conference. All will be set right when Auburn rolls Oregon in the NC game.

*snickering*

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                              If that were the case, Duke would absolutely murder everyone all the time.
                              Yeah, cuz everyone knows all of Duke's money goes to their basketball program...they could give 2 shits about football......but basketball isn't fucked over like football is by the BCS....

I still think that if the smaller, weaker schools in the poorer conferences were given a chance at some of this money, they could use it to bolster thier athletic programs and actually become contenders, instead of everyone downtrodding them because their strength of schedule is weak, or they're too small of a school...or what-the-fuck-ever.....

More Money = Better coaches, better training facilities, etc etc etc....
                              "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                                Won't happen.
                                I don't think they'll move up to third, but OU has a good chance of taking Nebraska out. I mean, hell, who would've thought that UT would've beat Nebraska this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X