Dallas Stars are straight kicking' a**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
    He wasn't making a play for the puck, Letang didn't have the puck.
    Letang played the puck.

I agree with David and Fry86. It was the right call on the ice since Nystrom ignored the puck, but it was a shoulder to the chest and Letang left himself vulnerable. No head shot, no suspension, people need to quit crying and nannying up the sport. It's a fast game and you have to keep your head up.

Comment

• So where's that suspension?

Comment

• Originally posted by David View Post
        So where's that suspension?
        There isn't going to be one. I think everyone agreed, it was just a freak kind of hit and not intentional

Sent from a bathroom.

Comment

He wasn't making a play for the puck, Letang didn't have the puck.
          What?? Lol did you even watch it. Letang was trying to knock the puck out, he managed to do that and then got creamed. So he was playing the puck and could get checked...

Comment

• Originally posted by Machx2 View Post
            What?? Lol did you even watch it. Letang was trying to knock the puck out, he managed to do that and then got creamed. So he was playing the puck and could get checked...
            So Letang had possession of the puck?

Comment

He was playing the puck yes, does that mean he had possession, not really but if there was a penalty coming to them play would have stopped, so again, yes he basically did.

Sent from a bathroom.

Comment

"Possession of the Puck: The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession."

Letang was the last person to touch the puck. So yes, he had possession.

The check was rendered immediately following loss of possession. So yes, it's entirely legal from that standpoint. There's absolutely no way, as per the rule book's stance on possession, that you can argue that it wasn't legal.

Last edited by Slowhand; 03-04-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  "Possession of the Puck: The last player to touch the puck, other than the goalkeeper, shall be considered the player in possession. The player deemed in possession of the puck may be checked legally, provided the check is rendered immediately following his loss of possession."

Letang was the last person to touch the puck. So yes, he had possession.

The check was rendered immediately following loss of possession. So yes, it's entirely legal from that standpoint. There's absolutely no way, as per the rule book's stance on possession, that you can argue that it wasn't legal.
                  Not much to argue about that I suppose. Personally I don't consider Letang having possesion on that play.

I just agree with Keith Jones on the situation. I have a problem with Nystroms intent. A "check" to me is when you hit someone in order to gain access to the puck or to separate the player being checked from the puck. Nystrom wasn't doing that. The puck was playable by both players.

For the record I never said he should be suspended, I just think it's a dirty play, and it's unfortunate that an injury resulted from it.

Comment

Not much to argue about that I suppose. Personally I don't consider Letang having possesion on that play.

I just agree with Keith Jones on the situation. I have a problem with Nystroms intent. A "check" to me is when you hit someone in order to gain access to the puck or to separate the player being checked from the puck. Nystrom wasn't doing that. The puck was playable by both players.

For the record I never said he should be suspended, I just think it's a dirty play, and it's unfortunate that an injury resulted from it.
                    You may not consider it, but the NHL rulebook does.

I get your second point, but that's nearly unpoliceable and would make playing the game ludicrously tedious. There are plenty of hits that are borderline as to whether they were necessary or not, but that's a judgement call on a split second decision and everyone is going to have a different opinion. Asking players to back off a dude they see making a play on a puck (yes, swinging your stick at a loose puck is absolutely a play on the puck) doesn't make sense and isn't practical.

Comment

• Trying to go to the Saturday night hockey game; is there a better place to buy tickets than off of the Stars website? Trying to get lower level tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                        Trying to go to the Saturday night hockey game; is there a better place to buy tickets than off of the Stars website? Trying to get lower level tickets.
                        Usually not. Craigslist, stubhub, ebay are alllll marked way the hell up. You might get lucky on craigslist a few hours before the game if someone can't get rid of them they'll sell them cheap, but usually it's not worth the risk of waiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
                          Trying to go to the Saturday night hockey game; is there a better place to buy tickets than off of the Stars website? Trying to get lower level tickets.
                          I'll be there Saturday against the ducks.

Cruise StubHub and look for tickets that are for pickup at the last call window at Sterling Bank. They start dropping prices on the tickets the closer you get to the game and there's no shipping, just a much small pick up fee. I've watched tickets go from $180 down to $76 on the day before the game. You can easily find sections 117-120 below face value the closer you get. The real popular games get more difficult.

Comment

• Well I thought I could get a student discount, but I have to go up to the window and get the tickets then, and you can only call ticketmaster. There is no dallas stars tickets deptmartment.

I want at least level 200; think I could just go up there last minute and get some?

Comment

• Ill be there Saturday night, lower lower level, ill post up seat number and all that when I have tickets in my hand, it'd be nice to meet some of yall

Sent from a bathroom.

Comment

I will agree with you on Nystroms intent. I think he had bad intent with that hit. With that said I can't tell 100% if he hit Letangs head or not. Hard to tell really. I agree with the ruling on the ice for at least roughing.

Comment

Working...
                                X