Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron View Post
    Were is that?
    It's on Green Oaks just east of Fox and Hound behind the apartments and City Garage. It's an interesting place. You could easily byob and I seriously think zero fucks would be given.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      I think Golf Center of Arlington is the closest you can get to an abandoned driving range/miniature golf center that is somehow still open. I think the $1.00 drafts and the range being lit at night are the only things that keep people coming back. The miniature golf course (not that I would use it) looks like it was long forgotten 10 years ago. It reminded me of something you would see on one of those urban atrophy websites.

They also don't check the parking lot at night before locking the entrance/exit gate and leaving. Had some tailgate beers with a buddy Saturday night after hitting some balls and when we went to leave found out we were locked in. Good thing I had my tool bag with me. Had to bust their cheesy lock pin device loose and let ourselves out. Good times.
      I've been there a few times, I like hitting off the grass stations on the far left. They have a ton of good golf balls, I've had to errrr 'swap out' a few of the balls that I got in my range bucket.

Were is that?
      On Green Oaks just east of Fox n Hound.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

It's on Green Oaks just east of Fox and Hound behind the apartments and City Garage. It's an interesting place. You could easily byob and I seriously think zero fucks would be given.
        I used to live in the appartments across the street, and would run over there and hit balls 2-3 times a week. The then-owner pumped a ton of cash in, redid the mini course, and was trying to get their beer/wine permit. He finally got it, but meantime he had 3 kegs in the bar free. This was 6-7 years ago.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I used to live in the appartments across the street, and would run over there and hit balls 2-3 times a week. The then-owner pumped a ton of cash in, redid the mini course, and was trying to get their beer/wine permit. He finally got it, but meantime he had 3 kegs in the bar free. This was 6-7 years ago.
          If it was nice back then, you'll be shocked when you see it now, especially the mini course. I remember seeing sometime last year that the property was for sale, don't know if it still is, but it would appear that they are damn near broke.

I'm sure I'll go back because it's the only place close to me to hit balls after dark, I'll bring a little sixer cooler when I do, and if I get locked in, I know how to get out now.

Comment

this place is in lewisville.

http://www.lakeparkgc.com/layout9.asp?id=136&page=1872

95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

Us that in Lewisville? I've played there but couldn't think of the name.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Us that in Lewisville? I've played there but couldn't think of the name.
                yeah it is in lewisville.
                95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

Comment

Originally posted by openroadracer View Post
                  yeah it is in lewisville.
                  wow, they have pretty decent rates...

Comment

Lake Park looks pretty decent. Might have check that out one Friday night. I wonder just how late they'll let you play. It says they take tee times up to closing time.

Edit: Just called and they'll take tee times up to closing and then the lights go out 2 hours after that which is 11p.m. Sunday-Thursday and midnight on Friday and Saturday.
                    Last edited by Tyrone Biggums; 07-31-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Lake Park looks pretty decent. Might have check that out one Friday night. I wonder just how late they'll let you play. It says they take tee times up to closing time.

Edit: Just called and they'll take tee times up to closing and then the lights go out 2 hours after that which is 11p.m. Sunday-Thursday and midnight on Friday and Saturday.
                      I'm down if you wanna go. the 9 hole executive is pretty fun. 8 par 3s and a par 4.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

let me know and i'll play.
                        95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

Comment

Working...
                        X