2014 Formula 1 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by momo View Post
    i have to say, other than the pit entrance, the sochi facility looks pretty damn good. i didnt think race was going to pan out at the beginning of the year.

P2 times are tight. after HAM in 1st, 2-7 are covered in 0.3s
    Hamilton looks good, red bull looks bad. Times look very competitive for qual and race for now.

Originally posted by momo View Post
    word is marussia is running rossi at COTA.

they made this decision to at sochi to honor/show solidarity with jules.

IMO, sure it's honorable but not smart. if the opportunity presents to sneak into the points but max's car is out... that's a missed opportunity.

here's hoping for rossi to debut a full race weekend at COTA.
    I like the move that marussia is doing in support or Jules. I don't think they would come close to finishing in points anyways if this was a normal weekend under regular circumstances.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

• Bottas looked like he had pole until the final 2 corners. Looked like his rear tires gave up.

Happy Button is 4th. Really hoping he can get on podium this year.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Bottas looked like he had pole until the final 2 corners. Looked like his rear tires gave up.

Happy Button is 4th. Really hoping he can get on podium this year.
        Didn't he technically get a podium in Austraila after Ricciardo had his finish result taken away from him?

I'd like to see Bottas win for Williams.
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• very boring race.

other than rosberg's 2nd place the hard way, it was probably the worst race of the year in terms of excitement. 52 laps on a set of tires, insane. maybe lets try soft+supersoft next year there please.

what is interesting: ALONSO. i've narrowed it down to:
          1. he leaves and goes to mclaren honda

2. he stays at ferrari. either in 3 car team (alo, rai, vet), but very possibly even as 2 car. maybe vettel isn't really coming to ferrari OR i could see RAI out again despite being on contract.

3. WEC. Ferrari LMP1
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

very boring race.

other than rosberg's 2nd place the hard way, it was probably the worst race of the year in terms of excitement. 52 laps on a set of tires, insane. maybe lets try soft+supersoft next year there please.

what is interesting: ALONSO. i've narrowed it down to:
            1. he leaves and goes to mclaren honda

2. he stays at ferrari. either in 3 car team (alo, rai, vet), but very possibly even as 2 car. maybe vettel isn't really coming to ferrari OR i could see RAI out again despite being on contract.

3. WEC. Ferrari LMP1
            That race reminded me how well I took naps during Valencia. Quite boring
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• Off F1 topic but still about racing, anyone catch the Nascar race on saturday night?

Keselowski vs. Hamlin, Kenseth, and Stewart.
              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• just 1 week away. who is going? i'll be getting there thursday for a pit walk then all 3 days.

caterham wont be there due to ownership seller/buyer fail.
                marrussia might be in trouble financially. word is they might be out too.
                i really dont think either team sees 2015.

alonso news is still just rumor with the latest one circulating that he has a deal directly with honda where honda buys 25% share of mclaren f1 and chooses 1 seat.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• oh. then this happened:

Audi to join F1 in 2016

"While it will contain the engine and electric hybrid development in-house, Audi is said to prefer buying an existing Formula One operation, rather than building up an F1 operation from scratch. Either Red Bull Racing or its Italian-based development team, Toro Rosso, are understood to be the prime targets, citing Audi’s (and Volkswagen Group chairman, Ferdinand Piech’s) historic links to Austria and its close relationship with Red Bull boss, Dietrich Mateschitz. Red Bull has long been the major sponsor of Audi’s leading team in the DTM. "

i knew porsche (audi/vw) mentioned they were looking into becoming an engine manufacturer in the near future. looks like they are going all in.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• If I can get it lined up with work then I'm looking to go. Hoping Marussia at least survives for a bit longer.
                    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• I'll be there...

No marussia...how have sauber and lotus been financially?

Comment

• a buddy of mine has a 3 day parking pass for sale. $125, lot t which is the lot next to turn 1. sounds pricey but they run $200 +fees and shipping so it's a good enough deal. plus split that with 2-6 people and carpool. holler if you are interested, i already have parking.
                        www.hppmotorsports.com
                        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• sauber has been whispering of financial woes.
                          i would have to assume lotus is too but they haven't been complaining.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• I'll be there on Sunday with my marussia gear.

I think marussia will be around if the standings hold. They'll get almost 60 mill for those two points from Monaco.
                            Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bputacoma View Post
                              I'll be there on Sunday with my marussia gear.

I think marussia will be around if the standings hold. They'll get almost 60 mill for those two points from Monaco.
                              Just have to hope that Sauber dosen't get any points. Even if they were in the rest of the races I don't think they could catch Lotus in the standings.
                              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

• Rosberg is on pole. Hamilton 2nd, Bottas 3rd.
                                Sebastian Vettel will start from the pit lane due to using his 6th Gear Box
                                Rumor is going around that Sauber and Force India will pit on Lap 1 and end the race to boycott the race cause of cost and money within Formula 1.

Marcus Ericsson will be at Sauber for 2015, was with Caterham this year. Betting he will replaced Esteban GutiƩrrez.

Also read a interview in which Kimi Raikkonen mentioned that after he retires in Formula 1 that he might make a proper attempt to race in NASCAR. Says he liked the racing and the enviorment.
                                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                                X