No announcement yet.

2014 Formula 1 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never found it online legitimately. DVR is your savior for these races if you don't want to stay up late

Comment

Look for skysports online. i used ot watch it there.

Comment

yea i watched practice 3 via a stream on cricfree.tv

www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

What a race, eh? So weird to see legitimate overtaking. It's a shame Bottas had his scrap with the wall, or he may have wound up on the podium. Guy was really charging through the feel, glad to see that gorgeous car doing well in his hands.

Comment

^^^which race did you catch? Lol

Looks like the great equalizer struck again!!! Pretty interesting session. Marussia looked absolutely crazy with the lack of control they could sustain, and poor caterham lost another one! Glad to see hulk up there.

Comment

Poor riccardo. Initially it looked like vettel got webbers car but after losing his 2nd place finish then this pitstop wheel issue, wing, penalty... Poor aussie

Kimi was shit.
              Massa said fuck u sir frank.
              Good for mercedes.
              Last edited by momo; 03-30-2014, 04:06 AM.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                Poor riccardo. Initially it looked like vettel got webbers car but after losing his 2nd place finish then this pitstop wheel issue, wing, penalty... Poor aussie

Kimi was shit.
                Massa said fuck u sir frank.
                Good for mercedes.
                Bottas is faster than you, can you confirm you understood that?
                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  ^^^which race did you catch? Lol

Looks like the great equalizer struck again!!! Pretty interesting session. Marussia looked absolutely crazy with the lack of control they could sustain, and poor caterham lost another one! Glad to see hulk up there.
                  Did you miss that that comment was from two weeks ago? lol

A bit of a snoozer of a race today. Dying to see what Bottas can do with a proper qualifying effort, no grid penalty, and no Felipe in front of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                    Did you miss that that comment was from two weeks ago? lol

A bit of a snoozer of a race today. Dying to see what Bottas can do with a proper qualifying effort, no grid penalty, and no Felipe in front of him.
                    I was picking at the fact that Australia was even worse than today. At least the first 10, and the final 5 laps were very good. Especially with hulk and Alonso battling it out.

I find the bottas issue funny. Early in the race, bottas was told to stop attacking so massa could fight for higher position, to which bottas said something along the lines of "if he's fast tell him to pass already". Then he wants team orders to pass massa, but isn't fast enough on his own. He surely wouldn't have passed a mclaren anyways.

With all the radio traffic to save the engines and fuel, I'm not a fan of the new era yet.

I feel for Ricciardo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      I was picking at the fact that Australia was even worse than today. At least the first 10, and the final 5 laps were very good. Especially with hulk and Alonso battling it out.

I find the bottas issue funny. Early in the race, bottas was told to stop attacking so massa could fight for higher position, to which bottas said something along the lines of "if he's fast tell him to pass already". Then he wants team orders to pass massa, but isn't fast enough on his own. He surely wouldn't have passed a mclaren anyways.

With all the radio traffic to save the engines and fuel, I'm not a fan of the new era yet.

I feel for Ricciardo.
                      Where did he request team orders the second time around? The orders were given, but I never heard a transmission with him requesting to get around at the end. He clearly didn't have the speed to get around Massa the second time, at least with the time left in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                        Where did he request team orders the second time around? The orders were given, but I never heard a transmission with him requesting to get around at the end. He clearly didn't have the speed to get around Massa the second time, at least with the time left in the race.
                        I shouldn't have said wants, I should have said gets.

Comment

Haas to run in F1 in 2015....

Mustangs previously owned:
                          1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                          1992 LX AOD
                          1993 LX Drag Car
                          1995 GTS
                          1997 Cobra
                          2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                          Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                          2016 Honda Accord Touring
                          2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Originally posted by RWhite View Post
                            They are far from being confirmed, but I would suspect they attempt to buy a team first. I do truly hope for an American team however.

Comment

There aren't any good candidates for purchasing that aren't active teams. HRT is the most recent defunct team but that was a non competitive v8 era car from 2 years ago.

Cosworth has stated they have made a 1.6t power plant compliant for the current generation regs for the hell of it.

Then of course, they may be able to buy lotus if their financing doesn't turn around but im guessing he wants a US f1 team located in the US
                              www.hppmotorsports.com
                              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                                There aren't any good candidates for purchasing that aren't active teams. HRT is the most recent defunct team but that was a non competitive v8 era car from 2 years ago.

Cosworth has stated they have made a 1.6t power plant compliant for the current generation regs for the hell of it.

Then of course, they may be able to buy lotus if their financing doesn't turn around but im guessing he wants a US f1 team located in the US
                                Not sure if it was an empty threat, but owner tony Fernandes threatened to quit if caterham didn't improve form this year. So I would say that's the best option and most likely for haase.

Comment

Working...
                                X