DeMarcus Ware released by Cowboys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
    There is no way you can convince me that Jerry Jones will make this team better without Ware. Like Al P said, $7M in cap space doesn't get you squat.
    I never said they will be better this year without him. The fact of the matter is, they weren't going to get better WITH Ware. You realize you can't rebuild a team in a single season, right? Maybe that's the disconnect? They aren't going to be a playoff team this year. Or next. I've never claimed that to be the case. Ware is $12,000,000 against the cap this year. More next year, and the next, etc.

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Jerry should be kicked in the nuts. He is incompetent when it comes to managing the team. How many years of failure does it take for people to realize that? How many 8-8 seasons?

I'm not arguing against any of that. He has a history of piss poor decisions. You can't change the direction or the future of the team by continuing to make piss poor decisions. It has to start somewhere. It just so happened to start with a well liked player. But it still had to start. And again, maybe I'm wrong. Hatcher, Ware, Austin... They had to happen, and it's business. But he's made the same decisions any other GM would have made in his shoes. You know why Denver gave him $20,000,000 for 3 years? They could afford it. It should also be noted that there is a water tight clause in his contract that they can severe ties if an injury comes up. That's not a common clause. If Ware is healthy, and not declining, why put it in there? That's what it really boils down to.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• As an outside party (not a Cowboys) fan I relate this with what the Stars did. They got rid of a LOT of favorites and have made some really good choices. Ott - there is a Stars favorite gone, Morrow...and a whole lot more.

However, it had to happen to freshen up the team, get faster and younger. As I mentioned earlier I personally dislike hearing that JJ is doing all of this because they seem like sound decisions. What 'boys fans should be more concerned with is his future decisions. That is going to decide the team in the next 2-3 years and onward.

If I were a fan of them, I'd also want to have a terrible season next year too for draft purposes. Find some young talent, do some good trades...etc..etc and they will be a different team.

Even as a Skins fan I enjoyed watching Ware do his thing over the years. He was a menace to the opposing team's offense. However, like Ott being let go from the Stars - it's best for the team.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I never said they will be better this year without him.

In not so many words perhaps, but that's the impression you get when you say ...

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        Ware flat out sucked donkey balls the last two seasons, whether his fault, or not; he had to go.

Comment

• Boy I wonder how nuts he is going to go next year when they cut Witten. This team needs young drafted players for cheap, not older players that are slowing down making ridiculous money.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            I never said they will be better this year without him. The fact of the matter is, they weren't going to get better WITH Ware. You realize you can't rebuild a team in a single season, right? Maybe that's the disconnect? They aren't going to be a playoff team this year. Or next. I've never claimed that to be the case. Ware is $12,000,000 against the cap this year. More next year, and the next, etc.
            Single season? The cowboys have shown that they can't do it in nearly 20 seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Single season? The cowboys have shown that they can't do it in nearly 20 seasons.
              No argument there. But there's always tomorrow, right?
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by blownaltered View Post
                Boy I wonder how nuts he is going to go next year when they cut Witten. This team needs young drafted players for cheap, not older players that are slowing down making ridiculous money.
                I'm probably crazy, but for some reason I feel like Witten is a guy you do your best to ensure that he retires here. I'm not saying give him the farm, but maybe pay him a little more than market value to let him finish up here. Like Bill Bates. He deserves it. I also have a feeling he would be more flexible than Ware was regarding a paycut. I figure he wants to retire here. Then again, money talks.

Ware was one of my faves, and one of the best to ever wear a star on his helmet, but Witten is on a different level.

Hell, maybe that makes me racist!

Comment

• Witten gets cut next year.

Comment

Working...
                  X