No announcement yet.

Archaeology.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The media is going to report what gets people tuned in.
    America is in love with it's sports.

Not much you can do as a non sports fan. I agree, it would be nice to be able to have all of it seperated out, but then you wouldn't watch the whole newscast. It's the same thing with hot celebrities of the moment. You couldn't turn on a tv or a radio and not hear something about Kim kardashian 4 years ago. The media feeds is what it feels the population wants.

On a side note, as soon as espn put the stories on the left of the screen, that saved me tons of time. No more waiting through the whole show to get to what I want to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
      He isn't the only one. I couldn't give two shits about football, baseball, hockey, or basketball. I tune it out with a quickness.
      Same here... It's a beating when you hear about football from Sept-Jan, basketball March madness, then hockey, then professional basketball, then college football. But I don't bitch about it. I just converse about other stuff with the wife.

I'll try to get in on the action when I'm at Buffalo Wild Wings and will clap for some random play. I'll watch UFC stuff, that's pretty cool but I just never cared for games involving a ball. I don't know what I'm going to do when my son wants to play sports...

I wish we had more outdoor channel.

Comment

What a bunch of whiny bitches.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          However I can relate as I don't watch or give 2 shits about any of the TV shows that are being cancelled or renewed, and when people start talking about Gray's Anatomy or something I tell them I don't care about the show unless she will show more of her anatomy.
          Yep, it's just as bad with Breaking Bad or Mad Men or whatever the latest show boner is. And honestly, car guys are just as guilty. No big deal, though.

Comment

I feel like this is more targeted at the fans that talk endlessly about sports regardless of how the recipient feels about it. Like I said, sports aren't my thing but rather often I get trapped in a conversation about sports more often than I care to. My current neighbor does it to me all the time. I have flat out told him I don't give a crap about it but he is relentless. Nice guy and a awesome neighbor, but a bit thick sometimes.
            I feel the same way. I learn just enough to annoy the party talking to me. Like I "confuse" players with teams and sometimes sports. "They" usually quit talking to you about sports soon enough.

Comment

i equate it to assholes that constantly talk about stuff like MCM furniture. i mean srsly.....

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
                I used to enjoy sports until I realized how much time is wasted on them. My buddy likes to brag about how great his fantasy football team is doing and I'll tell him how great my investments are doing.
                ¿por que no las dos?

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  i equate it to assholes that constantly talk about stuff like MCM furniture. i mean srsly.....

god bless.
                  I'd like to get an MCM hot tub for my new patio, heard any news on where I could find one?

Comment

It crossed my mind but I am probably AM just as bad about talking about car BS. I don't watch TV so at least I'm not going on about the latest Breaking Bad, Game of thrones etc..
                    1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                    1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                    2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

Sounds like some of the LSjuan guys back in the day.

Comment

Rabid British soccer fans are the worst.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                          That is a great topic to talk about, but only if Craig is within earshot.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                            ¿por que no las dos?
                            Because I was/am working and going to school. I don't mind them, but I have other priorities.
                            De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
                              Lol I bet this is how DOHCTR feels
                              I have always liked participating in sports. I enjoy a friendly game of basketball and actively participate in both motor and shooting sports. I do however believe that obsessing over the athleticism of others is a waste of perfectly good time and cognizance.

If watching sports or your thing though, then by all means indulge. People may not find my interests suitable for them too, and I get that.
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

That sounds like fun. I have an aunt that used to be an amateur archaeologist before she was put on oxygen, I always thought it was the coolest thing to see a T rex skull in her basement when I was a kid.
                                I met a guy a few years ago that did that. He described it like prospecting. There are people who have discovered bones and they guard their locations with utmost secrecy so they can sell them on the private market. He mentioned how very careful and slow you have to be when excavating something to keep it in tact. A broken skull obviously worth much less than an intact one. He said something about a large dinosaur skeleton found on someone's land near the Red River that they were able to retrieve mostly intact and sold it to someone for $40k.

Comment

Working...
                                X